Prince William's 21st Birthday: June 21, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mybags

Courtier
City
San Diego
Country
United States
Happy 21st Birthday to Prince William!!

:innocent: HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY TO PRINCE WILLIAM :innocent:

FROM

HE KNEW ABOUT ME !

SARA BOYCE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS!

Attachments

• 21st_birthday_2003.jpg
    21st_birthday_2003.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,679
i got mail today its Prince William on bachelors ! won !

HA !

Sara Boyce

www.sky.com/skynews

'PLEASE ALLOW ME PRIVACY'

Prince William has appealed to the media to continue to allow him privacy at university.

On his 21st birthday he thanked the press for giving him space to be himself and complete his formal education at Eton and now at St Andrews University in Scotland.

"They have been really good about the whole thing and I'm sure they've been very frustrated at the same time," he said.

"I just feel it's better for both sides, St James's Palace and the media, that it happens this way.

"I don't think either side wants to return to the free-for-all of the old days.

"It's a really fine balance and it could be quite volatile if things get out of hand," he said.

"So I don't want to go back to that - I've seen it and I don't like it - and I hope that it all works out the way it is."

Since the death of their mother, Diana, Princess Of Wales, the media have agreed to leave William and his younger brother, Harry, alone to complete their education.

In return, William and Harry have been willing to give interviews and photocalls at significant points in their lives.

For someone who was thought to dislike media attention as a young man, William is determined to act like an adult.

"The media can be tricky at times but so can most people," he said. "But it's something that I want to handle with the most maturity I can. So it is difficult but it's not impossible.

"The way it's been handled so far, particularly to do with me, has been amazing from both sides, St James's Palace and the media.

"I just really hope that continues because I've had such a good time in my first two years at St Andrews and I would be absolutely gutted if that disappeared."

As for his portrayal in the media, William said he just wanted to be seen as himself.

"I don't want to be anything I'm not and I don't want to come across as being super-human or an idiot.

"I just want to come across as me - and I hope that's what will happen."

www.mirror.co.uk/news

WILLS AT 21: MOVING TRIBUTE TO PARENTS

Jun 21 2003
By Jane Kerr Royal Reporter

PRINCE William yesterday paid an emotional tribute to his mum...and also leapt to his father's defence.

Speaking on the eve of his 21st birthday he said he had learned a lot from Princess Diana's life while demanding critics of Prince Charles "give him a break".

Wills said: "My mother used her position very well to help other people, as does my father. And I hope to do the same."

And of Charles he added: "He does so many amazing things.

"I only wish people would see that more because he's had a very hard time and yet he's stuck it out and he's still very positive.

"And he's very happy and protective towards Harry and me."

Speaking publicly for the first time about his mum since her death, Wills told how he wanted to carry on her work with under-privileged people.

The prince, looking remarkably like Diana in his official 21st birthday photo, said his outlook on life was shaped by Diana's concern for the sick and poor.

She was so determined her children should experience life outside the privileged confines of the palace walls that she took them to see a friend with Aids in hospital and to shelters for the homeless.

William said: "I was influenced a lot by my visits to hostels with my mother when I was younger.

"I learned a lot from it, more so now than I did at the time.

"It's made me aware and I think homelessness is one of those topics that people kind of gloss over and don't really focus on.

"It is an important issue that needs to be understood and highlighted."

He seems to be taking his role seriously. This week William visited a drop-in centre for the homeless in Newport, South Wales.

While the prince says he wants to be like Diana, he is under no illusion about the price of fame. He accepts that watching his mother struggle at times in the public glare has had a long-term affect on him.

William admitted if he fancies a girl, he will chat her up. But he said his girlfriends must be protected from the media spotlight.

And, echoing Diana's views on the future of the monarchy, he insisted the royal family must be relevant to ordinary people's lives to survive.

After the princess's death in 1997, many of her admirers - and even her family - said they were concerned her children's lives would be simply immersed in tradition and duty.

But William insisted he never stopped being exposed to the difficulties facing other young people since his mother died.

Before starting university he worked on a West Country farm. William described the graft as "very hard". He added: "It was the toughness of it.

"Admittedly, I was exhausted after only a week as a dairy farm hand, and the guy I was working with did it every day of his life.

"There's hardly any social life because of the hours you work which makes it an even tougher job.

"There were so many genuine people. They didn't care who I was and made me do the jobs I should be doing, like mucking out and driving tractors in the fields.

"They made me see what actually goes on and they trusted me as well."

William revealed Charles's concern for rural issues and the environment had rubbed off on him. He said: "I'm his biggest fan in that sense."

And he shares his father's fears for the future of the countryside. He said: "To me, one of the worrying things is the lack of affordable housing for the younger generation.

"If younger people leave, there is no future for the countryside.

"All the inherited skills you get passed down from farmers, for example, will be lost.

"But I know this is a problem beyond the countryside for young people who are just starting out."

Wills also spoke of his closeness to 18-year-old Harry.

He said: "I have a very good relationship with my brother.

"We've grown up together and we have to go through a lot of things together. We've grown up around the same things and the same people, and we'll always have that common bond.

"We ring each other quite a lot. He usually rings me up to tell me some incredibly amusing story and the things he gets up to. He is a very nice guy and very caring."

William said he had always wanted to help out at the Highgrove Home Farm in the summer holidays but had not yet got round to it.

He added with a grin: "The early mornings are putting me off."

The prince revealed his fondness for walking in the country. He said: "I love it. My father is a great walker, he does a lot of it.

"You can go off, ponder and think about things. It's your own time."

www.ananova.com - Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales was born at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, at 9.03pm on June 21, 1982.

Attachments

• 59322.jpg
    59322.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 371
i got news about Prince William cant have serious girlfriends !

that orders from his grandmother from Queen if you would read about it

http://www.guardian.co.uk see for Prince William cant have serious girlfriends

that why his grandmother got upset over William's women about month ago between Kate and him in People magazine and also Jessica, etc.

Sara Boyce

From the Glittering Royals message board: An official royal portrait released to the media on June 21, 2003 of Britain's Prince William in celebration of his 21st birthday.William says he believes it his duty to succeed his father Prince Charles. REUTERS/Mario Testino

Attachments

• will_tux.jpg
    will_tux.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 358
From the Glittering Royals message board: William posing with the band that played at the party and had been flown in from Botswana.

Attachments

• band_a.jpg
    band_a.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,172
From the Glittering Royals message board: Prince William plays the marimba during a rehersal with the Shakarimba Band from Botswana, ahead of his 21st birthday party at Windsor Castle June 21, 2003. Police say they arrested a man who gatecrashed the event on Saturday night. REUTERS/Phil Noble

Attachments

• band_b.jpg
    band_b.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 395
From the Glittering Royals message board: The Queen's arrival.

Someone suggested on the board that it would've been funny if the Queen came as a drag queen! Now that would've been a costume!

Attachments

• queen_a.jpg
    queen_a.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 365
From the Glittering Royals message board: The Queen's arrival.

Attachments

• queen_b.jpg
    queen_b.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 347
From the Glittering Royals message board: Some party guests arrive in their very elaborate costumes!

Attachments

• party_c.jpg
    party_c.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,001
From the Glittering Royals message board: Some party guests arrive in their very elaborate costumes!

Attachments

• party_d.jpg
    party_d.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 431

Attachments

• party_f.jpg
    party_f.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,079

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 457
From the Glittering Royals message board: Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

Attachments

• tara_palmer.jpg
    tara_palmer.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,116
Polfoto 21-06-2003 Rowan Atkinson and wife Sunetra arrive at Windsor Castle, for the 21st birthday of Prince William.

Attachments

• mr_bean.jpg
    mr_bean.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 360
Polfoto 21-06-2003 EMBARGOED: Not for publication before 0001 Sunday June 22, 2003. Prince William plays the drums as the Shakarimba band, who have been flown in from Botswana to perform at the Prince's 21st birthday party on Saturday evening, rehearse in the Queen's Guard Chamber Friday June 20, 2003, at Windsor Castle. The prince has chosen an "Out of Africa" theme for his party and the more than 300 family and friends who have been invited have been asked to wear fancy dress. Watch for PA story. PA Photo: Phil Noble / WPA solo rota.

Attachments

• drums_a.jpg
    drums_a.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 381
Polfoto 21-06-2003 EMBARGOED: Not for publication before 0001 Sunday June 22, 2003. Prince William plays the marimba as the Shakarimba band, who have been flown in from Botswana to play at the Prince's 21st birthday on Saturday evening, rehearse Friday June 20, 2003, in the Queen's Guard Chamber at Windsor Castle. The prince has chosen an "Out of Africa" theme for his party and the more than 300 family and friends who have been invited have been asked to wear fancy dress. Watch for PA story. PA Photo: Phil Noble / WPA solo rota.

Attachments

• drums_b.jpg
    drums_b.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 407
Polfoto 20-06-2003 EMBARGOED: Not for publication before 0001 Sunday June 22, 2003. Prince William plays the drum as the Shakarimba band, who have been flown in from Botswana to perform at the Prince's 21st birthday party on Saturday evening, rehearse Friday June 20, 2003, in the Queen's Guard Chamber at Windsor Castle. The prince has chosen an "Out of Africa" theme for his party and the more than 300 family and friends who have been invited have been asked to wear fancy dress. Watch for PA story. PA Photo: Phil Noble / WPA solo rota.

Attachments

• drums_c.jpg
    drums_c.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 340
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom