Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, Sonja! This is the same engagement that has been "imminent" since, oh, 2005, I suppose? ;)

...Though, I've got to say, it'd be an excellent opportunity to pop the question, if he's looking for one. He's just had time to consult with all the necessary family members at Sandringham, and it is her birthday next week.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rebecca English has to say an engagement is "imminent"
& to distinguish her insider's knowledge, Kate is now "keen to be engaged before 30". Why didn't she just say keen to be "married" before 30? Rebecca makes it sound like there would be a years-long engagement period.:ROFLMAO:

The Mail today commented on the royal holiday with Charles and Camilla. I wonder if anyone read the comments underneath, I don´t think there was even one complimentary one about Kate,but of course there might be by now. One even said she is getting to look a bit old.

Ella Kay has posted the Mail story link at #119.

I made a mistake the bad comments were on the Sun story....not the Mail.

Well,Kate's photo in the Sun is not one of her best :whistling: so I can understand those comments...;)

Yes, I think all of the stories derive from the Star. Not the best of sources nevertheless the story is out there.

Either the servants are talking or she's talking. Bad business. What I'd like to know is who provided the picture of the cabin?

Kate Middleton 'marriage' rumours as Prince William takes her away | The Sun |News|Royals

quote: "He and Kate then enjoyed an intimate meal with nobody else around — before cuddling up beside a roaring log fire"

If there was nobody else around how does the writer know they were "cuddling up", or even if the log fire was "roaring"?
Marriage rumours, marriage rumours!! All these two have to do is be in the same general area as each other and the press start with the marriage rumours. :wacko:

Kate Middleton 'marriage' rumours as Prince William takes her away | The Sun |News|Royals

quote: "He and Kate then enjoyed an intimate meal with nobody else around — before cuddling up beside a roaring log fire"

If there was nobody else around how does the writer know they were "cuddling up", or even if the log fire was "roaring"?

Ha! Excellent catch, Warren. It gets better, though -- the article on the same topic over at the Mail says:

"William's bodyguards tactfully waited outside while the pair drank and ate until well after 11pm before returning to their room at Birkhall. 'It looked beautiful with just the candles to light it up and the sound of the river roaring outside,' said one.

So now do we have bodyguards talking to the tabs? Tsk, tsk...

i'm sure william and kate are having a lovely time together in their "surprise scottish holiday". sorry about the ignorance, but is birkhall a semiofficial residence in scotland?

i find it quite adorable that they retreated together in such a lovely place. very nice surprise for kate, i'm sure!

Michaella said:
Is that true?
Yes Michaella. it appears that William and Kate spent some time at Birkhall. We assume that Charles and Camilla were there at the same time.

I wonder if they all slept in the little wooden shack?
It seems more like William asked his father whether he could use the little fishing place than Kate was invited to share the splendour of Birkhall, I apologise in advance if I am wrong about this....

The Sun link on the previous page says they returned to Birkhall after dinner in the cabin.
The Mail link above says they are staying at Birkhall.

The Sun link on the previous page says they returned to Birkhall after dinner in the cabin.
The Mail link above says they are staying at Birkhall.

Well that is good news, the thought of them on that wooden floor, well ouch :D

:lol: The lodge looks cozy, but it looks big enough for at least two bedrooms and a living/dining room area. It's romantic that William wanted to have a special dinner for just the two of them, I'm proud of him! :cool:

Last edited:
:lol: I assume the cabin has a functional bedroom. It's a bit cozy, but it looks big enough for at least one bedroom if not two. It's romantic that William wanted to have a special dinner for just the two of them, I'm proud of him! :cool:

Not long ago there was an article showing this little hut, and that is all it is, when the Queen was in Scotland. It is just a kitchen and a table for eating with a big pen for the dogs. I didn´t see any bedroom, it was used for picnics when the family were out fishing..... no comfort in sight. There may be more than one hut and I suppose there are , but from the outside that was the one featured.

Not long ago there was an article showing this little hut, and that is all it is, when the Queen was in Scotland. It is just a kitchen and a table for eating with a big pen for the dogs. I didn´t see any bedroom, it was used for picnics when the family were out fishing..... no comfort in sight. There may be more than one hut and I suppose there are , but from the outside that was the one featured.

The cabin is suppose to have three bedrooms. I think it was remodeled after the Queen Mum died. I just love the look at it from the outside. It looks like a little love nest for lovers who want to be alone. I think they are following the Queen's advice to be low key in this economy.:wub:

Plus I think Kate's dream was to live in a converted farm house and have many children.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom