The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Kate watched William and Harry play in the Chakravarty Cup at the Beaufort Polo Club today in Gloucestershire. Unfortunately, they lost. Prince Charles was there as well.

Article: The Press Association: Princes lose in charity polo match

Photos:
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

That first picture of Kate looks remarkably similar to ones of Lady Diana watching Prince Charles in action in early 1981. There's that look of anxiety that seems to be a common one among girlfriends watching the polo field.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Courtier

I love the audi Kate is standing next to!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Were they the tabloid that got into trouble for hacking into a bunch of celebrities phones?

ETA- Yeah, that was them. William's phone was hacked, that's how they got into trouble. You think they'd leave the royal family alone after that.

http://www.zeenews.com/news546122.html
Old 07-19-2009, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

IT was a family affair at the polo yesterday as Prince Charles joined Kate Middleton, the girl tipped to be his future daughter-in-law, to watch William and Harry in action.

Sunday Express | UK News :: Charles has a day out with Kate
Old 07-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Well, for those concerned that William isn't affectionate enough with Kate, here you go:

The Sun: Kate Middleton and Prince William's pub car park kiss

HM The Queen
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Aristocracy

Love this video Finally! It's so sweet that he draw her to kiss
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Well, for those concerned that William isn't affectionate enough with Kate, here you go:

Aww! It's so nice to see them in love after so many years.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Geez, it looks like Kate is practically attacking him.
Does anyone else get the feeling this is a set-up?
Poor William.
I sincerely hope William finds the right girl soon!
Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Well I can't help myself, but isn't it a big scandal, that the uncle of the girl, who maybe will be Queen some day, is in a video, where he deals with drugs?? IMO it reflects bad on the Middletons... Its disgusting I don't want to be the moralizer, but in my eyes its a no-go.
In the end, Kate can't control her uncle's behavior, and just because he does these things, we can't assume she participates in those activities by extension. It's embarrassing for her family, but I don't think it reflects badly on Kate herself.

Quote:
Geez, it looks like Kate is practically attacking him.
Does anyone else get the feeling this is a set-up?
Poor William.
I sincerely hope William finds the right girl soon
If anyone's doing any setting up here, I'd say it's William using one of the friendlier tabloid reporters, Duncan Larcombe, to send a message without having to say a word. There's nothing about a passionate kiss that says "poor William" to me!

HM The Queen
Old 07-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I disagree. Kate is the one who grabbed William when he started to go to his door and hung onto him. It's very clear to see. And it's well known that he hates the media so I'll bet he didn't even know the paparazzi was there. Seems too much of a coincidence that Kate did that right smack in front of the camera.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Yes, he couldn't push her away from him fast enough...

HM The Queen
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

On one side I agree, but I hardly can't understand, that times have changed that much? A few years before, I'm sure it would have been said: That family aren't the people a Prince of Wales (or his successor) should be in contact with. Remember Camilla wasn't allowed for some reasons to be with Charles. And there were a many lower scandals, which ruined some other womans reputes... And its not only the drug-thing (what IMO is a very bad thing) - its everything, his behaviour, his BELLY OMG, its so cheesy. And I think you can see such things even on her mother, brother and sister... I don't know and I'm sorry, but it makes me really urghh... Its not only a little bit bizarre - its cheesy IMO.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post

Don't like the video almost lookes set up to me. If i was looking at that without the headline, i couldn't even tell who it was. I recognise only William can't see Kate very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
I disagree. Kate is the one who grabbed William when he started to go to his door and hung onto him. It's very clear to see. And it's well known that he hates the media so I'll bet he didn't even know the paparazzi was there. Seems too much of a coincidence that Kate did that right smack in front of the camera.
I think your absolutely right, the way she pulled him in for that kiss looks like she's dragging him off, bet he was shocked. I don't think Kate knew that paparazzi were there, i think she thought well if they are here might as well give them a show.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post

This looks like the normal look alike set up!
----------------------------------
She may still be waiting for an engagement ring, but Kate Middleton's devotion to Prince William knows no bounds. Last year, Kate, 27, told Kathy Lette, the novelist, that she was allergic to horses. At the weekend, the full extent of her discomfort was on display

Kate Middleton avoids any horseplay at the polo - Telegraph
Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

i personally think that prince william might be deserve someone more accomplished than her like the other european cps...i mean, they seem to have a deeper background and was fully into their careers before marrying the princes..but they say love is blind and who can dictate the beating of one's heart. i hope that she tries to develop herself more and not just wait for william to propose..perhaps try to have a career first than just expect to be a crownprincess, that's just my opinion
Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Courtier

let you know the video from the sun where Wills and kate were kissing it has been removed...
Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
let you know the video from the sun where Wills and kate were kissing it has been removed...
But now it's up on YouTube...

HM The Queen
Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Just getting back to kate's allergy to horses. How is she going to do the whole fairy princess wedding in the horse drawn carriage? And all the horse drawn carriage events later as part of the royal family?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Lots of antihistamines?

HM The Queen
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william