The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
I hope that get married before William goes bald.
Sadly, I think they might have to get married around next week to achieve that goal...

I just hope he goes back to the beard. He looks, IMO, more distinguished and handsome. I don't know if beards are de rigeur for weddings, but I think it makes him look more royal.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I just hope he goes back to the beard. He looks, IMO, more distinguished and handsome. I don't know if beards are de rigeur for weddings, but I think it makes him look more royal.
They are simply not allowed in the RAF, unless you are about to serve in Afghanistan.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure everyone has already read this article, but I'll post a link to it anyhow - it's about why Kate and William might be looking at houses in the US. I was wondering what everyone thought about this article and whether or not it might be true. Here's the part I was wondering about.

Quote:
Prince William 'hunting for five-million-pound honeypad in US'

... In fact, Middleton has an offer from Vogue boss Anna Wintour to take a sabbatical in New York while serving an internship on the magazine's staff. But it also has a thriving West Coast bureau and a temporary move to California may be far more appealing.
Here's the link to the rest of the article

The Hindu News Update Service
Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

If the Royals are having a fit about Eugenie thinking about university in the U.S., I can't imagine they'd want William and Kate (and their costly entourage) here.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'd believe that they were interested in buying a holiday property somewhere like Mustique, but I can't say I'm convinced that a pair of people who seem to value privacy would want to move to a place chock full of celebrities and paparazzi.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-27-2009, 07:12 PM

Maybe if Kate moved to the States, we'd get more coverage on her here.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Courtier

When King Edward VII used to travel with his latest lady love he would often use the title (for which he was legally entitled) of The Duke of Lancaster. No Mr Smith for him, he obviously thought Duke was quite low enough to go.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hate to interrupt this err argument, but both William and Harry use the name 'Wales' at the moment as their surname in the military.

I should imagine IF the story is true, they booked in the name of Smith in the time honoured tradition.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As my whole point arose because he allegedly uses 'Smith' as a cover when liasing with Kate in hotel rooms and another poster used the term 'legally' when talking about this situation and another poster didn't understand the use of that word I tried to explain it, as I understand it.
Prince William and Kate Middleton make booking as 'Mr and Mrs Smith' - Telegraph

The first sentence in the article clearly states that it was Kate who booked the hotel room under Mr. & Mrs. Smith, not William.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Territorial designations tend to be used throughout childhood and cease upon marriage (Princess Alexandra for example.) Prince Michael is a notable exception to this. His children, however, use Windsor as a last name.

Oddly enough, I've only ever heard Lady Louise Windsor and not Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if William and Kate were trying to make an incognito booking, "Mr and Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor" wouldn't have been the most intelligent choice.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, if William and Kate were trying to make an incognito booking, "Mr and Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor" wouldn't have been the most intelligent choice.
Definitely not. That would be a could choice if they wished to get noticed by the rest of the world.
But on the other hand they seemed to have been noticed used fake names aswell.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

New pics of Kate in London taken yesterday!

http://crownprincesseswatchers.blogs...e-londres.html

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cÚcile76 View Post
New pics of Kate in London taken yesterday!

Crown princesses watchers: Balade ├* Londres
I love how pictures of Kate Middletoln are posted on the Crown Princess Watchers webiste. Very apt.
It's the spotty dress again, recognisable but I don't know where from??
Old 07-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate faces a new wait for her William of Wales as he embarks on intense military training | Mail Online
Old 07-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

From the article -
Quote:
Kate Middleton has already endured months apart from Prince William as he concentrates on his military career.
And now she is facing even more time alone when he transfers to Wales at the end of the month. ---- ‘It’s going to be a testing time for William and Kate because he will be expected to knuckle down. He will be mastering the basic elemental techniques of search and rescue and there will be no holidays
Months apart, so they haven't seen each other on weekends .....
Is she saying poor Kate, along with everyone else connected to the military or William, has been unable to read the breakdown of his placements in .... The Mail!
I'm sorry to hear from Ms Nicholls that she thinks William has been time wasting during the months of training he has already done, I'm sure his instructors might be surprised as well!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Courtier

I do not like Ms Nicholls articles at any time but in this there is one piece of information that caught my attention more than any other. It says it is the first time that Kate Middleton will be at Balmoral when the Queen is in residence, which I understand means that she isn┤t actually an invited guest but has the permission to be there at that time. Eight years to get this far, not exactly a speedy progress but it is a step forward for sure.
Nice photo of William though, he looks really good in uniform.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I do not like Ms Nicholls articles at any time but in this there is one piece of information that caught my attention more than any other. It says it is the first time that Kate Middleton will be at Balmoral when the Queen is in residence, which I understand means that she isn┤t actually an invited guest but has the permission to be there at that time. Eight years to get this far, not exactly a speedy progress but it is a step forward for sure.
Nice photo of William though, he looks really good in uniform.
The same claim, that Kate would be at Balmoral in August when the Queen was in residence, same weekend as the Prime Minister, was made this time last year. In reality Kate and William that long weekend were in Austria at the wedding of a friend. I wouldn't put too much stock in the Kate at Balmoral with the Queen stories, it belongs in the same category as the Kate celebrates christmas at Sandringham stories that would do the rounds of the tabloids every November.
Neither William nor Harry have been at Balmoral in August with the Queen in residence for a number of years. William (and Kate) have stayed at Birkhall a number of times, Harry hasn't been to Balmoral for at least 5 years, he prefers to holiday where there's sun!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Courtier

I think you are 100% right. Just like Kate refusing the invitation for Christmas with the Queen, that really made me
Old 07-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Kate could have been to Balmoral several times for all we know. It doesn't have to be officially announced who the Queen's guests are, does it?

Tags
kate middleton, prince william