Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we all wear latex gloves and use purell when we put a chicken or turkey in the oven? geez :lol:

Well let´s not exaggerate, the latex gloves alone should do it.....:ROFLMAO:

Do we all wear latex gloves and use purell when we put a chicken or turkey in the oven? geez :lol:
Well, I always wash my hands (whether with soap or purell ) when I cook! But I don't eat meat, so no specifically on the chicken/turkey.... :lol:

I think using latex gloves or some kind of gloves is a good idea to pick up a carcus. But that's just me, obviously, others disagree. LOL and besides, I don't have experience picking up carcuses of any kind, so I am not knowledgable on it, but if I did, I would try to be as sanitary as I could....

Last edited:
As it was on the Sandringham Estate I should imagine that the RF make sure that all the birds are healthy.

I think using latex gloves or some kind of gloves is a good idea to pick up a carcus. But that's just me, obviously, others disagree. LOL and besides, I don't have experience picking up carcuses of any kind, so I am not knowledgable on it, but if I did, I would try to be as sanitary as I could....
I should think we all wash our hands before preparing a meal and although I am a vegetarian, I am able to prepare and cook meat. If you are at the side of a road and a rabbit or hare has had it's back broken after being run over, it would be cruel to just leave it suffering, because you haven't any rubber gloves. The same with game birds that have been shot but not killed. Kate only picked up the bird, she didn't snap it's neck, if you kill them or eat them you should be able to pick them up!:flowers:

Well HM showed us how you do that..... Actually I am more squeamish than I was when I was young girl, many a half shot animal was helped on its way by "moi". I just keep out of the way these days if possible and let other people be helpful.
My animal lover Aunt once stood in the middle of a busy highway giving first aid to a run over rabbit with her husband looking like a lunatic trying to slow the cars down so that she wouldn´t get hit. After a visit to the vet the rabbit lived quite some years and managed to become quite spoilt.

I am reasonably confident that Kate would have washed her hands as soon as she could after handling the dead bird, and before eating or handling food, so I don't think we have to worry about her.:lol:

Not to worry, I would think. As long as the prize is consumed and not wasted, it will have been a good day!

Erm - yes...

Mind you, I've spent so many years editing microbiology books and papers, including a whole book about infectious diseases transmitted from poultry to humans, that I think I have an excuse.:D

My mother-in-law was a lab technician before her marriage. She was very careful about germs as well. :)

Erm - yes...

Mind you, I've spent so many years editing microbiology books and papers, including a whole book about infectious diseases transmitted from poultry to humans, that I think I have an excuse.:D

Kate's makeup is pretty. William's beard is very good. It can be tricky to grow a good beard. I thought his father and grandfather looked good with their (very short lived, sailor era) beards too. God, Harry would look so hot with a beard too, all red and fuzzy. :wub:

William looks great with that beard, I hope he keeps it!

I am glad to see them out together. I seem to be in the minority, but I really don't care for the beard look on William. IMO, he looks much more handsome when he is clean-shaven.

The beard is actually a good look for William, he should keep it as long as he can.

I agree, Incas. It's sad that a photo like that is considered appropriate for publication by tabloids like the Mail.

They are ruthless, aren't they?:nonono: I see lots of camisoles in Kate's future...or perhaps no more loose cowl-necks.:)

I agree, Incas. It's sad that a photo like that is considered appropriate for publication by tabloids like the Mail.

And it is being re-published here! The pot calling the kettle black perhaps.

I think it's both funny and sad that the Daily Mail changed the story's headline to focus on glimps of Kate's bra: Royal wardrobe malfunction for Kate Middleton as the hairy one to the throne looks on | Mail Online. The headline was "Late Night Date for Kate Middleton and Her Prince (but what's with the beard)", which was focused on William's beard. The byline was "Daily Mail Reporter", which means anonymous. In another time, the writer (male or female) would be called lecherous.
Yeah, the focus is sad, but I'm glad I saw the pics. And the "malfunction" is not even as embarrassing as it could get. I mean, look how lecherous the tabs have gone on Diana and Camilla. Kate got off easy, I'd say. It sucks though.
I like Pippa's coat a lot.

I think Kate's probably learnt a lesson about necklines :). It's no big deal though; we've seen her in a bikini.

How can a photograph be commented on if we don´t see it? Some thought th photograph perfectly all right and others not, if we didn´t see it we could think it was something absolutely outrageous, it is not, and we have seen for ourselves. What is calling the kettle black about that?

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that if Kate choses to offer the paps a low neckline they will take the opportunity. That's how they make money. So basically it's Kate decision - if she wants to see her bra in the papers the next day she'll dress low neckline. If she doesn't, she'll wear a turtleneck sweater. It's as easy as that. Considering her position as girlfriend and her experiences with the media in the past eight years the only conclusion is that Kate doesn't mind showing off her bra or a low neckline or a short skirt and because she knows exactly what will happen and she likes the attention resulting from such pictures. If she didn't she would dress or behave in a different way. To blame the paps is just pathetic.

Good heavens, perhaps she should only wear a high necked top and ankle length skirt in future. Then there would be complaints that she dared to show her ankle. She is a young woman who is, as far as we know, dating the heir to the heir. Just like most other young women she wants to wear a fashionable outfit she is comfortable in and perhaps the criticism would be better directed at the low lifes who lay in wait, push their way to the front/lean in to take these pictures. Even if she wore a blouse with all but one button fastened, she would be 'asking for it'! :angry:

Am I missing something? There's not even a direct link to that photo on the board, just a link to the Mail article online with several photos, that one among them. I don't think we're being hypocritical.

And the "malfunction" is not even as embarrassing as it could get.

That's very true. The british public will be relieved to see that Kate Middleton at least does wear a bra. However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it's still a vulgar or cheap attidude from someone who obviously aims to become a Queen consort to allow such pictures to be taken. On the other hand, we've seen Kate's panties before, this time it's her bra, what's new.

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it's still a vulgar or cheap attidude from someone who obviously aims to become a Queen consort to allow such pictures to be taken.

Definitely. She should have bludgeoned the photographers right then and there.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that if Kate choses to offer the paps a low neckline they will take the opportunity. That's how they make money. So basically it's Kate decision - if she wants to see her bra in the papers the next day she'll dress low neckline. If she doesn't, she'll wear a turtleneck sweater. It's as easy as that. Considering her position as girlfriend and her experiences with the media in the past eight years the only conclusion is that Kate doesn't mind showing off her bra or a low neckline or a short skirt

So far I agree with you. Catherine obviously chose the outfit so it is safe to assume that she likes it.

and because she knows exactly what will happen and she likes the attention resulting from such pictures.

That is your interpretation. Yours and yours alone. To me this is quite telling! As if you were never young and never enjoyed life without bothering about all those people around you!

If she didn't she would dress or behave in a different way. To blame the paps is just pathetic.

Of course. i won't say more but this is just a variation of "They brought it onto themselves by not doing this and that...." which has for eons been used as arguments to belittle victims on turning them into active counterparts in actions aimed to humiliate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom