Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

It would be interesting to see their body language in private ... to me, William always looks like he's fairly racing to get away from the cameras when we see pictures of them out and about -- maybe she does have trouble catching up with him in those cases!

I think that's the case as well. William is about 6'2", I believe? My husband is 7.5 inches taller than I am, and we just can't go for walks together. He's an energetic walker; and, try as I might, I can't keep up with him. I tell him that everyone who sees us walking together will think that we've had a fight or that he's a Saudi prince (which is a private joke, because he looks very, very British Isles-ish).:lol:

:previous:

It would be interesting to see their body language in private ... to me, William always looks like he's fairly racing to get away from the cameras when we see pictures of them out and about -- maybe she does have trouble catching up with him in those cases!

I think that's the case as well. William is about 6'2", I believe? My husband is 7.5 inches taller than I am, and we just can't go for walks together. He's an energetic walker; and, try as I might, I can't keep up with him. I tell him that everyone who sees us walking together will think that we've had a fight or that he's a Saudi prince (which is a private joke, because he looks very, very British Isles-ish).:lol:
I believe he is 6ft 3in. I am a full 12 inches shorter than my other half and he normally waits for me to catch him up, somewhere along the road or in his club (when I am intent on a little shopping)!:ROFLMAO:

Her hair looks shorter and smoother. I dunno, but I think she has some sort of *geisha complex* walking behind him.... or his step is really long and she has a hard time catching up wit him

Although, William being taller might have something to do with it!!!! IMO I think it is so they can't get a clear shot of them together. In a lot of photos you see him walking either before her or after her, however, when they don't mind having their photo taken they seem to stand or walk side by side... Just my opinon :whistling:

Last edited:
The source was Point De Vue...are they reliable?

Maturity looks good on the lad. Excellent choice of patronage, Wills.

My nephew lost his father, my brother-in-law, when he was 10. Father's Day for him is like an endless sea of pain. This is definitely a charity that I could get behind.

Did Kate go to Cheltenhem this year - she has attended this racing festival since 2006 so it would be strange if she hadnt gone for at least one of the days

Apparently, she hasn't. There are no pics or reports.

That's kind of weird for her not to go.

She's definitely keeping out of the limelight. If she really wanted to be photographed hanging out with the Royals, Cheltenham would be the place to be!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the US the poor save what money they have and the rich spend it!!!!!!!!!! I guess it is the same everywhere. Just because the lay off the spending of money don't mean people don't know they have it to spend. IMO if you got it spend it .... but I am on the up side of poor lol....so what do I know any way .........

I really hope the skiing story isn't true. If it is I think it will be a massive disaster for William but Kate especially.

:previous: Although some people are cutting back on holidays in the recession, many more are not. Friends who let holiday homes up here have not had any reductions and flights to some destinations are already fully booked.

Why should William or Kate stop taking holidays?:rolleyes:

Why should William or Kate stop taking holidays?:rolleyes:

I think there is a differnece between the average person on the street and the second in line to the throne. Add into the mix the massive price and the current economic climate and the number of people cutting back and loosing their jobs and ontop of that he fact that neither appear to be working too hard at the moment and you have a reciepe for disaster. I do wish some members of the RF (particularly younger members) would look more at their Grandmother who called off a wedding anniversary party because it would look too lavish - and she wasnt even paying for it.
There are less lavish ways to have a holiday.

:previous: What next, no new clothes, no new car, no champagne. 'We' don't know how much they are allegedly paying or even if they are the only two going. 1000s of people will still be taking their lavish holidays are they also meant to feel guilty because they can afford their break and others can't? :nonono: The government is encouraging people to spend so you could look on it as William and Kate doing their bit to help the Airline and Tourist industry.:D

As for him not working, he is in training to become a SAR pilot, however he got in, the training is still intensive. Kate is also allegedly working. Recipe for disaster - only if people want to hype it up that way!

Well i'm just giving my opinion. Of course its not like their comiting war crimes or anything like that but i personally feel that they could have shown maturity and sensetivity and chosen a more low key holiday.

As for the clothes, car champagne comment thats just silly - i siad they should of course be allowed to on holiday- they are humans for gods sake but my point is this is said to be a rather expensive, somemight say 'lavish' holiday. The whole royal family shoud reflect the national mood and refrain from rather unnecessary splashing of cash, of course live must go on, i don't deny that but you can go on holiday without spending such massive amounts of cash.

Thats my opinion. I have no doubt somepeople will disagree.

The article also stated that several friends are joining them on the holiday and sharing a portion of the expenses. For all we know, this could wind up being cheaper for them, and it could also be a better option for the security team, in the end. Let's not leap to conclusions here, that this is somehow a more expensive trip than staying at his usual hotel. $40K lbs for the full week at a villa, which is likely to be split amongst 8-12 people, comes out to roughly $3300-$5000, depending on the number. Would the cost of a high-end suite at the hotel, for that same week period really be any less? Six of one, half dozen of another, is my take on this.

^^I think the Daily Mail article said their chalet has six bedrooms so it seems possible others will join them there. Maybe another couple or two. Maybe even Pippa and/or James plus their boy/girlfriends if applicable...

It also sais that they are going with a group, William is paying for Kate and that Pippa is invited.

Josette

Wow.
I wish I could ski.
Lucky Catherine.
Thank you GhostNight.
x

I'm kind of freaked out at the prospect of skiing with the whole Natasha Richardson thing...I'm still a beginner too. I wish I was better at it though, looks like fun when you're good.

I understand Pippa and James went along so all the Middletons were there with William ... someone also mentioned one of the Percy boys being there too not sure if he was with Pippa? The Percys are a very noble family I believe.

I understand Pippa and James went along so all the Middletons were there with William ... someone also mentioned one of the Percy boys being there too not sure if he was with Pippa? The Percys are a very noble family I believe.

http://www.bigpictures.co.uk/lowres2/00000000134/big20090323set044_8357.bro you can just see James and Pippa in this picture with Kate - James is standing in front of Kate in the black fleece whilst Pippa is just between William and Kate
http://www.bigpictures.co.uk/lowres2/00000000134/big20090323set044_8362.bro This one is slighty better of Pippa she is in the white ski pant and black fleece

Pippa has been a few times with Kate and William on ski holiday but i think that this is the first time James is with them skiiing

Where exactly were they - the DM article says Klosters but others say they were in France - anyone know???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom