The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I know, Sonja! This is the same engagement that has been "imminent" since, oh, 2005, I suppose?

...Though, I've got to say, it'd be an excellent opportunity to pop the question, if he's looking for one. He's just had time to consult with all the necessary family members at Sandringham, and it is her birthday next week.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

Wills takes Kate on family hols
Prince William takes Kate Middleton on surprise Scottish holiday | The Sun |News|Royals

Old 01-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post

Well as least we know the relationship is strong still. But I would not bet on an engagement announcement yet.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Rebecca English has to say an engagement is "imminent"
& to distinguish her insider's knowledge, Kate is now "keen to be engaged before 30". Why didn't she just say keen to be "married" before 30? Rebecca makes it sound like there would be a years-long engagement period.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Mail today commented on the royal holiday with Charles and Camilla. I wonder if anyone read the comments underneath, I don´t think there was even one complimentary one about Kate,but of course there might be by now. One even said she is getting to look a bit old.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Similar information on the Mail Site:
Wills whisks Kate off for a New Year break... with his father and stepmother | Mail Online
Old 01-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

Ella Kay has posted the Mail story link at #119.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I made a mistake the bad comments were on the Sun story....not the Mail.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Well,Kate's photo in the Sun is not one of her best so I can understand those comments...
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Royal Highness

Kate Middletons parents invited to meet Prince Charles, Camilla
Old 01-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Isn´t this word for word what was written in the Star?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Yes, I think all of the stories derive from the Star. Not the best of sources nevertheless the story is out there.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Royal Highness

Wood you, Kate?
Kate Middleton 'marriage' rumours as Prince William takes her away | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Kate Middleton 'marriage' rumours as Prince William takes her away | The Sun |News|Royals

quote: "He and Kate then enjoyed an intimate meal with nobody else around — before cuddling up beside a roaring log fire"

If there was nobody else around how does the writer know they were "cuddling up", or even if the log fire was "roaring"?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Either the servants are talking or she's talking. Bad business. What I'd like to know is who provided the picture of the cabin?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

quote: "He and Kate then enjoyed an intimate meal with nobody else around — before cuddling up beside a roaring log fire"

If there was nobody else around how does the writer know they were "cuddling up", or even if the log fire was "roaring"?
Marriage rumours, marriage rumours!! All these two have to do is be in the same general area as each other and the press start with the marriage rumours.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Good one Warren, I hadn´t even noticed that......
Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Ha! Excellent catch, Warren. It gets better, though -- the article on the same topic over at the Mail says:

Quote:
"William's bodyguards tactfully waited outside while the pair drank and ate until well after 11pm before returning to their room at Birkhall. 'It looked beautiful with just the candles to light it up and the sound of the river roaring outside,' said one.
So now do we have bodyguards talking to the tabs? Tsk, tsk...

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Majesty

i'm sure william and kate are having a lovely time together in their "surprise scottish holiday". sorry about the ignorance, but is birkhall a semiofficial residence in scotland?

i find it quite adorable that they retreated together in such a lovely place. very nice surprise for kate, i'm sure!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Majesty

No, it's on the Balmoral estate, which is the Queen's private property. Birkhall was previously occupied by the Queen Mother.

The Prince of Wales - Birkhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
is birkhall a semiofficial residence in scotland?

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william