The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

I really like her voice (through i though it would be a little bit softer and more girly)! She remind me of Mary Donaldson's voice a lot

Old 07-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Courtier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199706/Kate-Middleton-flies-Mustique-Wills-posted-Anglesey.html

Old 07-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Nobility

She didn't say anything interesting (despite saying "interesting") but it's really nice to hear her voice. I don't like Will voice, Harry has nice, exactly like I suppose.

About her apperance: she doesn't look as good as a few years ago but Will looks worse too. They are lovely couple anyway.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Majesty

My guess is she was perhaps taken by surprise at having to speak on camera, and was trying to avoid saying anything controversial. Hence the use of "interesting" and other such nondescript words. In a recent "interview" in Wales, Camilla seemed just as hesitant when talking about their trip. Understandable, but I guess if she is to have a royal role in the future, one would expect these rough edges to be smoothened out with time and experience.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I don't like Will voice, Harry has nice, exactly like I suppose.
I think William has this "deep Windsor-voice" like Prince Charles or Prince Michael of Kent.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199706/Kate-Middleton-flies-Mustique-Wills-posted-Anglesey.html
Quote:
The 27-year-old prince had been due to join Miss Middleton and her family for a fortnight on the island of Mustique, but he is now being transferred to Wales to train with the helicopter search and rescue teams at RAF Valley
The 27 year old prince would have had the dates he was to start at Valley, so I would doubt he would have booked to holiday with Kate at the same time!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Aren't we a little harsh on how Kate looks in the video? Most likely she didn't go with the intention of being in a video. She always appear well put together when out and about. Of course, she has matured and aged since she was first introduced eight years ago? Isn't that one is supposed to do? Goodness...if she had a little nip and tuck she would have been accused of being phony and not letting the aging process happen naturally.

In regards, to the "interesting" comment I would agree that she appeared to be nervous and a loss for words...it sounds like she is using the "buzz words" that marketing folks throw out all the time. But its not like she is commenting on public policy, running for a political office, etc.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You're right, we shoudn't get unfair. Its such a little scene with her, maybe she would make a very different impression, if we would see an interview of 30 minutes or so.

I'm biased I must confess, because I find her not pretty at all. Thats no case for fighting, cause beauty lies very much in the eye of the beholder. But I have to say, that many of my girlfriends are in the same age as she is and they look younger. I don't think its because of smoking (I read, she smokes) because I think it matures your skin a couple of years later, maybe its all that stress...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Courtier

It's always funny to hear a person talk when your so used to not hearing them say anything, it's a bit like Charlotte Chasiraghi. But Charlotte has an air of mystery.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Ever wondered what she sounds like? Kate Middleton speaks publicly for the first time | Mail Online

Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

She sounds like I Thought very pleasant voice
Old 07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Fox News is reporting the Kate will have a private lunch with the Queen. Rumored to be a step before an engagement announcement.

Take with a grain of salt as Fox News in the U.S. is a bit tabloidy.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

CNN said the same thing and teased a Larry King show on William and Kate, but didn't say when it was going to be. I'm not sure CNN is any less tabloidy these days - when it comes to the BRF, I think they all tend to just repeat what's written in the British papers.. So take it with a grain of salt, too.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Larry King?! That's interesting...I'll have to look out. But he always has the trashiest tabloid people on his show anymore...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah - he's done shows on the BRF from time to time, usually with the same people to interview - so I wouldn't hold my breath for any earth - shattering revelations. I'll keep an eye out and say if they say when it's going to be aired .
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Up close the make up line underneath her eyes should be made softer, it makes her look tired and is too harsh now that she is a bit older.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

Eh, I thought she looked fine - not model perfect, but who looks like that? The interview reminds me of last year when my sister and I were out shopping - the local news was doing some sort of retrospective on John Kennedy. The guy came up to me out of the blue, and asked me if I could name something that John Kennedy did during his presidency. I was so suprised I couldn't even come up with anything as intelligent as "interesting" to say. After he walked off, my sister looked at me like I was an idiot and started ticking off things that had happened during his presidency. That'll be the first and last time anyone asks me anything on camera. Fortunately, they didn't end up showing it on the news.

Maybe the same thing happened to Kate. And now it's on the Mail Online.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of the heavy black eyeliner all round the eye, either -- maybe she'll tone it down a little in the future if she joins the royal fold. It's happened before; Diana had to get rid of her blue eyeshadow!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy

Kate Middleton | OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News
Jul 13, 2009 ... If the old adage "the couple that plays together stays together" is to be believed, then Prince William and Kate Middleton are a solid bet ...
Kate Middleton | OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News
Old 07-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hmm lunch with the queen what an original story. They really are running out of ideas.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william