Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Kate looks great in what she wears and seems to have a good sense of fashion. She has a really nice figure. But somehow, I don't see her as really beautiful, either. I'm not sure why she's so thin...she does seem to be have lost weight in those pictures.

I think Kate would look great in a paper bag!!! I always thought she would make a good Princess and hope it will happen soon...

Just purchased this weeks issue of Hello! Wonderful spread about the event. I didn't know that Miss Jecca Craig had also attended the wedding. :)

Kate Middleton returns to Mustique for romantic break with Prince William

Miss Middleton and the second-in-line to the throne are thought to be staying at a five-bedroom cliff top villa which costs £2,000 a night.
The villa boasts an infinity pool, a private beach and a team of staff, and is thought to be the most opulent in Mustique... - Full Article

KATE'S CUT DOWN TO SIZE

Kate Middleton's hopes of keeping up with the would-be in-laws have been nipped in the bud after an ambitious garden project at her family home was pulled up at the roots.
The green-fingered Middletons had hoped to take a leaf out of Prince Charles’s book and turn their garden into a self-sufficient oasis with its own vegetable patch and orchard.

No frills for Kate and William as they fly back from the sun

There was no special treatment for Prince William and Kate Middleton when they flew home from Marseilles to Gatwick in economy with their two plain-clothes protection officers after enjoying the sunshine in the South of France. They were very sweet and very normal’, says my source. ‘They were casually dressed and boarded the plane with the rest of the passengers. They were very smiley to anyone who recognised them and spent most of the flight chatting away. At one point William leaned over and gave Kate a cuddle.’

The same article has also got some interesting information about Pippa, Kate's younger sister. She is supposedly dating Alexander Spencer-Churchill, Duke of Marlborough's nephew.

Kate Middleton’s little sister Pippa is doing her best to keep up with the Royal girlfriend by bagging an eligible bachelor of her own. Party planner Pippa was spotted kissing dashing millionaire Alexander Spencer-Churchill for most of the evening at a party last week.
'Pippa and Ali were all over each other at their friend Ed Horner’s birthday party,’ says a guest. ‘They first met in Mustique where they hit it off, but nothing happened there. ‘Pippa turned up at Ed’s party with Prince William and Kate and they were all in really high spirits.’

I don’t know what Katie Nicholl is playing at, but Pippa and Alexander are not dating (at least, they haven’t been a week ago): Alexander has been in a relationship with someone else for nearly a year now.
Incidentally, the man next to Alexander in the DM picture is Dan Phillipson, who Chelsy Davy supposedly dated after her break up with Harry.

The article makes Kate and Pippa sound like social climbers, at best. :ermm:

Prince William and Kate were present at Starlight event yesterday.
Also present were the rest of the Middletons, Harry and Laura Lopes, Daisy de Villeneuve, Hugh and Rose van Cutsem, Riccardo Lanza and Alice van Cutsem, David Astor and Marina Parker, and a lot of other members of the ‘set’, as well as celebrities and sportsmen.

You can see a lot of pictures here.
I have to say, Kate's looks gorgeous, although I'm not sure about Carol and Pippa.

Kate Middleton and her parents' Party Pieces have ties with the Starlight foundation, which aims to help about 10,000 sick children have a memorable and fun Christmas: the Party pieces usually provides gifts and decorations, and one of this year's prizes included a special party organized by the Party Pieces.
Linking Starlight and Party Pieces was apparently Kate's idea. She supposedly thought of it when attending a charity boxing match (Kate watchers will probably remember her beautiful pink dress), where she met a young girl, who told her of the wonderful work Starlight has done for her when she suffered from an illness.

:previous:
I like those pictures, William looks wonderful among non-royals more relaxed. :flowers:
Thats what Katie Nicholls does, she really doesn't like the middleton girls. I feel sorry for Pippa sometimes all she is known as is Kates little sister.:ermm:

Glad to see them raising money and awareness for such a good cause!

My Carole Middletons outfit is disgusting and tasteless! Pippa is a bit more pretty than her sister but no beauty as well. I hope Kate at least has good character!

I happen to think the Middleton ladies all looked lovely!... and supporting such a good cause, too!

I think all of the Middleton ladies look lovely! I wish Kate would do something with her hair.

I must have missed something....does the Daily Mail ever say anything nice about the Middletons? Even when its warranted.

They certainly suggest that the Middletons are social climbers, but don't most people hang out with people in their same social circle?

Marsel - according to the article, the Spencer Churchill guy broke up with his girlfriend late last year..so maybe it is the same person. But if this is true...I wouldn't want my lovelife blasted in the press. If Pippa is keen to date someone who isn't royal or looking for a lot of press she has to learn to be discrete.

:previous:

Alexander used to date Lady Louisa Cecilia Compton (the daughter of Spencer Compton, 7th Marquess of Northampton and his 4th wife, Ellen Erhardt - formerly Viscountess Cowdray and wife of Michael Pearson, 4th Viscount Cowdray). He has since been in a serious relationship with someone else.

Alexander and the Compton girls have unfortunately been subjected to a lot of rumours lately because of Louisa and Ali's not-so-amiable split and subsequent events: Louise started dating Ben Bloomfield, who had been her half-sister, Lady Emily Rose's boyfriend. Lady Emily (who is the daughter of Spencer Compton, 7th Marquess of Northampton and his 3rd wife, Rosemary Hancock), in turn, has stuck a close friendship with Ali. They have been to Mustique and Ibiza lately (although not alone, of course, but with their respective new partners and other friends). Emily now works in Ali's private investment firm.

Pippa is from their set (actually, she was more part of the 'set' than Kate, before the latter started dating William), she's very good friends with George Percy and van Cutsems, and yes, she was in Mustique and Ibiza with Ali, Emily, Charlie and the rest, but I am pretty sure she isn't dating Alexander.

On another note, Kate really does look gorgeous in that grey dress. And this picture of Prince William is beautiful: I love the way Kate (who is in the background) appears to be looking at William and smiling. :)

Last edited:
I do remember that tidbit of news...thank you Marsel.

Yes, Kate does look nice. Again...sometimes I wish she would do something with hair...but what can you do.

The dress was nice, but I'm not sure about hair and make up... I tend to agree with Westminster, the dress of her mother was a bit unflattering and inappropriate.

As much as I like a good charity, I do think a bit much is being made out of this. She hosted a table at a charity event her parents were putting on. I do that all the time and all it means is you ask all your friends to buy a seat. While I'm not discounting the good intention - it isn't quite as bit of a deal as it sounds.

Royal Examiner - Kate Middleton hosts charity table

i totally loved kate's dress, is gorgeous, but yes, i also think she should do something different with her hair, she has lovely hair

At first I sew the pictures, I thought her sister was Kate, its amazing how much they look alike (well at least in these pictures).
Kate is quite confident while around her family in public, while alone or with William not as much (maybe too much pressure).
Really cute dress, but had to add a few accessories to make it look abit more formal and young, not so boring.

Well I thinks she looks lovely! she is not over done, but a nice updo would have set the neck line of that dress off wonderfully ......

I think that Kate is OK. She met William at university, but she was with another guy at first. William was at the beginning only her friend. The role changed later. She doesn't look as person who want to be in the centre and catch attention of the press.

But I don't like her sister. Has she ever had boyfriend who isn't "big fish"? I mean she chooses only rich guys and she comes on almost every party. She was on the first place in Tatler, she won't miss any party. Ok, she's party planner, whatever it means, but for me she's just social climber. And who is she that she catch attention so often? Singer, actress, sportswoman? Hmm. She's prince's girlfiend's sister.

This isn't directed at Grace Marie but I am amazed how many people (including those who comment in the DM article) who don't know what a party planner does.

A party planner is basically an event planner. It is a legitmate job. Party planners basically plan large parties/events/concerts/award shoes for corporations, non profit organizations and important people. The official parties after the Oscars, MTV Awards, etc are planned by party planners. They also plan events such as a spaghetti dinner for marathon participants. Its an exciting job in the sense that you meet a lot of interesting (famous and non famous) people, you travel to a lot of cities and you work very hard. But hey, its not a job thats going to make the world a better place. I have a girlfriend who is one for a major corporation and I have been to two NBA All Star games, turned down an offer to go to the Pro Ball in Hawaii and been to a couple of corporate events.

That being said, I don't know much about Pippa other than what I read in the Daily Mail and I think that says it all. Deserved or not, they have made her to appear as a social climber. She might date non famous people, but really who cares if she does and who they are? Its more exciting (okay that is pushing it lets go for interesting) when she dates famous people.

William and Kate appear to be happy in their status quo relationship. And as long as Pippa isn't dancing on a table, she is okay with me.

Last edited:
I like Kate's dress. She seems to like that kind of style but like everyone else, I wish she would do something with her hair or glam up her make up. She doesn't really have the dazzle factor but if her and Wills are in love, then I'm fine with her. But I don't trust the Middleton's really, they do come off as social climbers. I wish we could see more of them together at official events.

As much as I like a good charity, I do think a bit much is being made out of this. She hosted a table at a charity event her parents were putting on. I do that all the time and all it means is you ask all your friends to buy a seat. While I'm not discounting the good intention - it isn't quite as bit of a deal as it sounds.

Royal Examiner - Kate Middleton hosts charity table

In other words- it's a slow news day. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom