Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if William and Kate were trying to make an incognito booking, "Mr and Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor" wouldn't have been the most intelligent choice.

Well, if William and Kate were trying to make an incognito booking, "Mr and Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor" wouldn't have been the most intelligent choice.

Definitely not. That would be a could choice if they wished to get noticed by the rest of the world.
But on the other hand they seemed to have been noticed used fake names aswell. :flowers:

From the article -
Kate Middleton has already endured months apart from Prince William as he concentrates on his military career.
And now she is facing even more time alone when he transfers to Wales at the end of the month. ---- ‘It’s going to be a testing time for William and Kate because he will be expected to knuckle down. He will be mastering the basic elemental techniques of search and rescue and there will be no holidays
Months apart, so they haven't seen each other on weekends .....:rolleyes:
Is she saying poor Kate, along with everyone else connected to the military or William, has been unable to read the breakdown of his placements in .... The Mail! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm sorry to hear from Ms Nicholls that she thinks William has been time wasting during the months of training he has already done, I'm sure his instructors might be surprised as well!:D

I do not like Ms Nicholls articles at any time but in this there is one piece of information that caught my attention more than any other. It says it is the first time that Kate Middleton will be at Balmoral when the Queen is in residence, which I understand means that she isn´t actually an invited guest but has the permission to be there at that time. Eight years to get this far, not exactly a speedy progress but it is a step forward for sure.
Nice photo of William though, he looks really good in uniform.

I do not like Ms Nicholls articles at any time but in this there is one piece of information that caught my attention more than any other. It says it is the first time that Kate Middleton will be at Balmoral when the Queen is in residence, which I understand means that she isn´t actually an invited guest but has the permission to be there at that time. Eight years to get this far, not exactly a speedy progress but it is a step forward for sure.
Nice photo of William though, he looks really good in uniform.

The same claim, that Kate would be at Balmoral in August when the Queen was in residence, same weekend as the Prime Minister, was made this time last year. In reality Kate and William that long weekend were in Austria at the wedding of a friend. I wouldn't put too much stock in the Kate at Balmoral with the Queen stories, it belongs in the same category as the Kate celebrates christmas at Sandringham stories that would do the rounds of the tabloids every November.
Neither William nor Harry have been at Balmoral in August with the Queen in residence for a number of years. William (and Kate) have stayed at Birkhall a number of times, Harry hasn't been to Balmoral for at least 5 years, he prefers to holiday where there's sun!

:previous:

I think you are 100% right. Just like Kate refusing the invitation for Christmas with the Queen, that really made me :lol:

Kate could have been to Balmoral several times for all we know. It doesn't have to be officially announced who the Queen's guests are, does it?

Kate could have been to Balmoral several times for all we know. It doesn't have to be officially announced who the Queen's guests are, does it?

It doesn't have to be announced no. But William hasn't been to Balmoral in some years and I doubt that Kate would go without William.

I think you are quite right Wisteria and Charlotte1 this story aswell as the christmas one, makes the rounds every year. Each year it gets more and more tedious. I doubt Kate has been invited, we know Kate has met the Queen, why does she need to go to Balmoral for a chat??
Tabloids are just running out of things to print as Kate and William aren't doing that much lately. :flowers:

It doesn't have to be announced no. But William hasn't been to Balmoral in some years and I doubt that Kate would go without William.

I would have thought it would be pretty difficult to say with any level of certainty that William has not been to Balmoral in some years. We are just not privy to what he may be doing in his own time, unless you have specific information that lends more credence to your statement.

I would have thought it would be pretty difficult to say with any level of certainty that William has not been to Balmoral in some years. We are just not privy to what he may be doing in his own time, unless you have specific information that lends more credence to your statement.

We actually know that William has been to Balmoral and with Kate but the real issue is when was he last there with the Queen (we know he was there in the summer of 1997 for instance but since then we can assume that he was there while still directly under Charles control i.e. up until he left school) is not as easy to pin down.

The Queen goes to Balmoral through most of August and September so we would have to check where William has been throughout those months. I feel fairly sure that he has been there over the years with the Queen, but due to training, friends, interests etc it might be more for a weekend or two rather then say a week.

Birkhall is on the Balmoral estate and we know that he has been there with Kate, which is why I say we know that they have both been to Balmoral.

By "Balmoral" I'm referring to Balmoral castle not to the other properties on the Balmoral estate. It's not difficult to track whether or not William has been at the castle with the Queen in residence. The last time was in August 2005 after he graduated from St Andrews and had come back from New Zealand, he attended the Braemar games with the Queen. The following years he was either at Sandhurst and so had shorter holidays which he spent in the sun or serving in the Army, again shorter holidays spent in the sun. Last year he holidayed with Kate in the Carribean as he had been there with the navy.

He has spent time at Birkhall on the estate but it's not close to the castle and not in August or September while the Queen was in residence. He and Harry also have a cottage on the estate which William has used. It's not difficult to track William at Balmoral as the royals fly to Aberdeen airport and are spotted before driving to the estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not difficult to track William at Balmoral as the royals fly to Aberdeen airport and are spotted before driving to the estate.
They have also been known to drive there. I can't see how anyone could say with certainty that William has not been to Balmoral over a long weekend. If HM is in residence and they are staying at Tam Na Ghar, which isn't that distant, it is entirely possible they have been over for tea!

She has a lovely voice! I think it's the first time I hear her talking

Very cool! Her voice has some of the same qualities as Sarah Ferguson's voice, IMO. It's lovely.

She's like me; she uses the word "interesting" a lot. Haha! Nice voice.

I don't get what the press sees. She is just not very pretty(imo) and she looks worn.

This is the same girl who called the PCC a few years ago, for her to talk to the press, even if it is at a marketing show, it is so out of character for how she has been in the past.

I don't think you can equate those things at all.

If I remember correctly, her PCC complaint was filed because she was being harassed by photographers. Being unhappy because you have been followed by paparazzi when you've clearly indicated that you do not wish to be followed is very different from agreeing to offer an opinion at a business seminar which you have willingly attended.

I don't get what the press sees. She is just not very pretty(imo) and she looks worn.

This is the same girl who called the PCC a few years ago, for her to talk to the press, even if it is at a marketing show, it is so out of character for how she has been in the past.

Enjoyed it, to hear Miss Middletons voice for the first time. I think, she has a lovely one.

But I'm afraid I have to agree with SarahMay. I don't think, she looks good in this Vid and its not very witty, to use "interesting" two times in two sentences. But well, she could have been nervous, or tired or whatever, so I won't blame her for that. I don't want to be rude, but my look on her has changed in the last two years a lot and I'd wish, Prince William would find a "better" girl. Its only my opinion for now, maybe, she has something really special I just did not detect on her yet :flowers:

At last, Kate's voice being heard!

I agree she said interesting too much, but maybe she did that because she was nervous, since it was clear to her that the video would be broadcast around the world as "Kate Speaks!", and her voice would be critiqued on all angles.

Or perhaps she was simply caught off guard by someone going about the seminar with a camera asking for reactions. She sounds as if she didn't have much time to think about how she was going to answer the questions -- it seems pretty off the cuff.

Her voice is fine but she looked very plain indeed, she isn´t the pretty girl she was 8 years ago for sure.

Her voice is fine but she looked very plain indeed, she isn´t the pretty girl she was 8 years ago for sure.

I agree, she matured. But well, it may be hard to be in the focus of the press...

That's my opinion as well. She does look rather tired, and of course she knew that she couldn't say anything even mildly controversial. People in the Royal circle sometimes have to be fairly banal when asked about things.:)

Or perhaps she was simply caught off guard by someone going about the seminar with a camera asking for reactions. She sounds as if she didn't have much time to think about how she was going to answer the questions -- it seems pretty off the cuff.

I Think everything about it was fine and she looked Terrific!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom