The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Did Kate go to Cheltenhem this year - she has attended this racing festival since 2006 so it would be strange if she hadnt gone for at least one of the days

Old 03-14-2009, 03:03 PM

Apparently, she hasn't. There are no pics or reports.

That's kind of weird for her not to go.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Majesty

She's definitely keeping out of the limelight. If she really wanted to be photographed hanging out with the Royals, Cheltenham would be the place to be!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:32 PM

Prince William whisks Kate to 40k ice palace: Michelin-star dining, champagne... and no Dad | Mail Online

Uhm, isn't Britain going through a credit crunch? And didn't the Queen tell her family to cut back?

If this article is true, this could hurt William, I believe.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Courtier

In the US the poor save what money they have and the rich spend it!!!!!!!!!! I guess it is the same everywhere. Just because the lay off the spending of money don't mean people don't know they have it to spend. IMO if you got it spend it .... but I am on the up side of poor lol....so what do I know any way .........
Old 03-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Nobility

I really hope the skiing story isn't true. If it is I think it will be a massive disaster for William but Kate especially.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Although some people are cutting back on holidays in the recession, many more are not. Friends who let holiday homes up here have not had any reductions and flights to some destinations are already fully booked.

Why should William or Kate stop taking holidays?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Why should William or Kate stop taking holidays?
I think there is a differnece between the average person on the street and the second in line to the throne. Add into the mix the massive price and the current economic climate and the number of people cutting back and loosing their jobs and ontop of that he fact that neither appear to be working too hard at the moment and you have a reciepe for disaster. I do wish some members of the RF (particularly younger members) would look more at their Grandmother who called off a wedding anniversary party because it would look too lavish - and she wasnt even paying for it.
There are less lavish ways to have a holiday.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

What next, no new clothes, no new car, no champagne. 'We' don't know how much they are allegedly paying or even if they are the only two going. 1000s of people will still be taking their lavish holidays are they also meant to feel guilty because they can afford their break and others can't? The government is encouraging people to spend so you could look on it as William and Kate doing their bit to help the Airline and Tourist industry.

As for him not working, he is in training to become a SAR pilot, however he got in, the training is still intensive. Kate is also allegedly working. Recipe for disaster - only if people want to hype it up that way!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Nobility

Well i'm just giving my opinion. Of course its not like their comiting war crimes or anything like that but i personally feel that they could have shown maturity and sensetivity and chosen a more low key holiday.

As for the clothes, car champagne comment thats just silly - i siad they should of course be allowed to on holiday- they are humans for gods sake but my point is this is said to be a rather expensive, somemight say 'lavish' holiday. The whole royal family shoud reflect the national mood and refrain from rather unnecessary splashing of cash, of course live must go on, i don't deny that but you can go on holiday without spending such massive amounts of cash.

Thats my opinion. I have no doubt somepeople will disagree.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Nobility

The article also stated that several friends are joining them on the holiday and sharing a portion of the expenses. For all we know, this could wind up being cheaper for them, and it could also be a better option for the security team, in the end. Let's not leap to conclusions here, that this is somehow a more expensive trip than staying at his usual hotel. $40K lbs for the full week at a villa, which is likely to be split amongst 8-12 people, comes out to roughly $3300-$5000, depending on the number. Would the cost of a high-end suite at the hotel, for that same week period really be any less? Six of one, half dozen of another, is my take on this.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 AM

^^I think the Daily Mail article said their chalet has six bedrooms so it seems possible others will join them there. Maybe another couple or two. Maybe even Pippa and/or James plus their boy/girlfriends if applicable...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

It also sais that they are going with a group, William is paying for Kate and that Pippa is invited.

Josette
Old 03-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Prince William whisks Kate to 40k ice palace: Michelin-star dining, champagne... and no Dad | Mail Online

Uhm, isn't Britain going through a credit crunch? And didn't the Queen tell her family to cut back?

If this article is true, this could hurt William, I believe.
Indeed.
When was the article publisheds because William was at an engagment last week visiting children who had lost thier mother I believe?
x
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wow.
I wish I could ski.
Lucky Catherine.
Thank you GhostNight.
x
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Courtier

I'm kind of freaked out at the prospect of skiing with the whole Natasha Richardson thing...I'm still a beginner too. I wish I was better at it though, looks like fun when you're good.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Courtier

I understand Pippa and James went along so all the Middletons were there with William ... someone also mentioned one of the Percy boys being there too not sure if he was with Pippa? The Percys are a very noble family I believe.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yep according to this Pippa was invited.

Why was pilot Prince William allowed to slope off skiing, while the rest of his fellow students are hard at work? | Mail Online

Special Treatment article.
x
Old 03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I understand Pippa and James went along so all the Middletons were there with William ... someone also mentioned one of the Percy boys being there too not sure if he was with Pippa? The Percys are a very noble family I believe.
http://www.bigpictures.co.uk/lowres2...et044_8357.bro you can just see James and Pippa in this picture with Kate - James is standing in front of Kate in the black fleece whilst Pippa is just between William and Kate
http://www.bigpictures.co.uk/lowres2...et044_8362.bro This one is slighty better of Pippa she is in the white ski pant and black fleece

Pippa has been a few times with Kate and William on ski holiday but i think that this is the first time James is with them skiiing

Where exactly were they - the DM article says Klosters but others say they were in France - anyone know???

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william