The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Lunch and a romantic royal movie? Excellent credit-crunch date, Wills.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

Ah I was wondering when we were going to see them again!!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
It’s definitely nicer to see them out like this than coming out of exclusive clubs at all hours.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

It certainly is, Amelia!

HM The Queen
Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Majesty

That's a date like "the rest of us" would have. Very nice to see. They look like they didn't expect to be photographed, either. They're dressed casually.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'd say they definitely didn't expect to see the cameras there, based on their facial expressions and the way they're trying to shield themselves from being photographed.

It's pictures like these that make me torn as a royal watcher. I'm always happy to see William and Kate out and about, doing their thing, but being photographed like that when you're just trying to spend some casual time with your significant other must be miserable. I'm excited for the days when William (and possibly Kate, too) is more publicly visible doing official duties, so we don't have to catch glimpses of him mainly through paparazzi photos.

HM The Queen
Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Nobility

They don't seem to happy about the cameras being there (I wouldn't be either).

I feel sorry for them in a way. It can't be easy having such a high-profile relationship.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Nobility

I think she's really pretty. She's got beautiful eyes. I bet the candid camera shots don't do her justice.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Her hair looks shorter and smoother. I dunno, but I think she has some sort of *geisha complex* walking behind him.... or his step is really long and she has a hard time catching up wit him
Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

It would be interesting to see their body language in private ... to me, William always looks like he's fairly racing to get away from the cameras when we see pictures of them out and about -- maybe she does have trouble catching up with him in those cases!

HM The Queen
Old 03-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Majesty

I think that's the case as well. William is about 6'2", I believe? My husband is 7.5 inches taller than I am, and we just can't go for walks together. He's an energetic walker; and, try as I might, I can't keep up with him. I tell him that everyone who sees us walking together will think that we've had a fight or that he's a Saudi prince (which is a private joke, because he looks very, very British Isles-ish).

Quote:

It would be interesting to see their body language in private ... to me, William always looks like he's fairly racing to get away from the cameras when we see pictures of them out and about -- maybe she does have trouble catching up with him in those cases!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that's the case as well. William is about 6'2", I believe? My husband is 7.5 inches taller than I am, and we just can't go for walks together. He's an energetic walker; and, try as I might, I can't keep up with him. I tell him that everyone who sees us walking together will think that we've had a fight or that he's a Saudi prince (which is a private joke, because he looks very, very British Isles-ish).
I believe he is 6ft 3in. I am a full 12 inches shorter than my other half and he normally waits for me to catch him up, somewhere along the road or in his club (when I am intent on a little shopping)!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Her hair looks shorter and smoother. I dunno, but I think she has some sort of *geisha complex* walking behind him.... or his step is really long and she has a hard time catching up wit him
Although, William being taller might have something to do with it!!!! IMO I think it is so they can't get a clear shot of them together. In a lot of photos you see him walking either before her or after her, however, when they don't mind having their photo taken they seem to stand or walk side by side... Just my opinon
Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
but I think she has some sort of *geisha complex* walking behind him....
what's a "geisha complex"?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

I am sorry if this is already posted. What do you think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1161275/Prince-William-marry-Kate-Middleton-summer.html
Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Courtier

The source was Point De Vue...are they reliable?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

Royally good time ... Prince William and Kate Middleton
Prince William and Kate Middleton have a quiet date | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Prince William: Mummy is a hollow word for me - CNN.com
Heart breaking words from Prince William. I truely believe this is how Diana lives on!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Maturity looks good on the lad. Excellent choice of patronage, Wills.

My nephew lost his father, my brother-in-law, when he was 10. Father's Day for him is like an endless sea of pain. This is definitely a charity that I could get behind.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william