Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Hey, I was looking around on Itunes for a good biography (anyone know one?), and I came across a free podcast series that apparently is a gossip radio show about William and Harry and the rest of the royal family. I guess it comes from Canada, and it's called - let's see - The Royal Report - blog talk feed radio. In case anyone has Itunes and is interested in subscribing to it - :ermm: I don't know how good it is yet.

That's Marilyn Braun's podcast. She also has a blog. I think it's more a general British royals focus with occasional features on William and Harry.

You'd think they'd have been able to come up with a more original name.;)

Quite they used to have another name for themselves?? I suppose it's quite cute that they have to use pretend names :flowers:

Quite they used to have another name for themselves?? I suppose it's quite cute that they have to use pretend names :flowers:

They vacationed in the Seychelles in August '07 under the names "Martin and Rosemary Middleton."

They vacationed in the Seychelles in August '07 under the names "Martin and Rosemary Middleton."

I am afraid I don´t find it that cute. They could make the pretence of having two separate rooms and go under their own names but even better, if they must go on holiday and sleep together they could get married and go legally.
They are both single but Prince William is not just any young man, he is expected to marry and if she is an unequal match and unacceptable to the BRF then he should let her go before she wastes all her young life on him.

I don't think it's illegal to go on holiday together before you're married. I don't understand the "go legally" part of your post.

We've all talked about the different aspects of their pre-marriage relationship here before, and I think it all boils down to one thing: we can all make assumptions about what they do together in private, but not a single one of us knows for sure what's going on. As long as they're committed and happy, I don't think that part is any of our business.

Come on they lived together at St Andrews. It is long past the time of a women having to be untouched to become a royal bride...IMO the subject is moot....

Looking at Wisteria's location, I can see where she is coming from ;)

I hope they do get married soon, not because I find going on holidays together without being married inappropriate, but simply because I want to see a big royal wedding.

I hope they do get married soon, not because I find going on holidays together without being married inappropriate, but simply because I want to see a big royal wedding.

Amen to that! I'm so ready for fireworks, orchestras, and the glass coach. :D

Looking at Wisteria's location, I can see where she is coming from ;)
So can I, if they do not marry for any reason, she will be seen as shoddy goods by many society parents.:eek:

I am afraid I don´t find it that cute. They could make the pretence of having two separate rooms and go under their own names but even better, if they must go on holiday and sleep together they could get married and go legally.
They are both single but Prince William is not just any young man, he is expected to marry and if she is an unequal match and unacceptable to the BRF then he should let her go before she wastes all her young life on him.

I don't somehow think that they have the normal hotel room where there is really only one room and a bathroom but more a suite which could even have two bedrooms.

Frankly I don't care one iota if they live together for the next 30 years - so long as they wait at least 10 months after the wedding before having the first child to ensure that it was conceived after the wedding (I know that is an old fashioned idea but it is my view of things).

I also don't care about a wedding unless they are ready to commit to the full royal glare of their lives being covered all over the press and discussed in all these sorts of fora. Once they are married they will really struggle to have any true privacy so I am happy to have them do it now.

IMO this is a real non-issue in the minds of most people in the UK. Their sleeping arrangements are for them to decide upon and not us, the public.

I am really not sure what "legally" you are referring to here

IMO this is a real non-issue in the minds of most people in the UK. Their sleeping arrangements are for them to decide upon and not us, the public.

I am really not sure what "legally" you are referring to here

I assumed that she meant that they were 'legally' Mr and Mrs Smith rather than Mr Mountbatten-Windsor and Ms Middleton (assuming that William would use the surname decided by the Queen for her male-line grandchildren in need of a surname).

That was it. :flowers:
Thank you Ella Kay. I do hope something happens soon with Kate and William. Unlikely but I can still hope. :)

I hope they get married before William goes bald.

I don't somehow think that they have the normal hotel room where there is really only one room and a bathroom but more a suite which could even have two bedrooms.

Frankly I don't care one iota if they live together for the next 30 years - so long as they wait at least 10 months after the wedding before having the first child to ensure that it was conceived after the wedding (I know that is an old fashioned idea but it is my view of things).

I also don't care about a wedding unless they are ready to commit to the full royal glare of their lives being covered all over the press and discussed in all these sorts of fora. Once they are married they will really struggle to have any true privacy so I am happy to have them do it now.

Well, for all we know she could get pregnant after any possible marriage, and the child could be born early. So unless she is clearly pregnant when and if she gets married, we'll never know.

I hope that get married before William goes bald.

Sadly, I think they might have to get married around next week to achieve that goal... ;)

I just hope he goes back to the beard. He looks, IMO, more distinguished and handsome. I don't know if beards are de rigeur for weddings, but I think it makes him look more royal.

I just hope he goes back to the beard. He looks, IMO, more distinguished and handsome. I don't know if beards are de rigeur for weddings, but I think it makes him look more royal.
They are simply not allowed in the RAF, unless you are about to serve in Afghanistan. :flowers:

:) I'm sure everyone has already read this article, but I'll post a link to it anyhow - it's about why Kate and William might be looking at houses in the US. I was wondering what everyone thought about this article and whether or not it might be true. Here's the part I was wondering about.

Prince William 'hunting for five-million-pound honeypad in US'

... In fact, Middleton has an offer from Vogue boss Anna Wintour to take a sabbatical in New York while serving an internship on the magazine's staff. But it also has a thriving West Coast bureau and a temporary move to California may be far more appealing.

:) Here's the link to the rest of the article

The Hindu News Update Service

If the Royals are having a fit about Eugenie thinking about university in the U.S., I can't imagine they'd want William and Kate (and their costly entourage) here.

I'd believe that they were interested in buying a holiday property somewhere like Mustique, but I can't say I'm convinced that a pair of people who seem to value privacy would want to move to a place chock full of celebrities and paparazzi.

Maybe if Kate moved to the States, we'd get more coverage on her here. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
When King Edward VII used to travel with his latest lady love he would often use the title (for which he was legally entitled) of The Duke of Lancaster. No Mr Smith for him, he obviously thought Duke was quite low enough to go.

I hate to interrupt this err argument, but both William and Harry use the name 'Wales' at the moment as their surname in the military.

I should imagine IF the story is true, they booked in the name of Smith in the time honoured tradition.

As my whole point arose because he allegedly uses 'Smith' as a cover when liasing with Kate in hotel rooms and another poster used the term 'legally' when talking about this situation and another poster didn't understand the use of that word I tried to explain it, as I understand it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton make booking as 'Mr and Mrs Smith' - Telegraph

The first sentence in the article clearly states that it was Kate who booked the hotel room under Mr. & Mrs. Smith, not William.

Territorial designations tend to be used throughout childhood and cease upon marriage (Princess Alexandra for example.) Prince Michael is a notable exception to this. His children, however, use Windsor as a last name.

Oddly enough, I've only ever heard Lady Louise Windsor and not Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom