The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William and Kate Middleton current events 6: August-November 2008

Welcome to the Prince William and Kate Middleton current events thread part 6. Part 5 can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-17204.html

Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

The Daily Mail "updated" its article not that it includes any relevant information now but it has some more snarky remarks...

That's not very dignified for a future Royal Miss Middleton | Mail Online

Old 08-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
by Villemann Don't worry about the monarchy of the 21st century. There won't be one - anywhere - unless the next generation of young royals understand that in our day and time it is no longer enough to show up and look good. Sometimes one gets the impression that some of these young royals actually don't care about the institutions they represent.
I guess that's the sad truth Villemann - couldn't agree more. The British monarchy is one of the strongest around but the higher you are up there (current monarch couple - flawless icons) the deeper the fall (via Charles down to William - he will be another "King against his will" like some others of the younger royal generation).
Old 08-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

William doesn't have to be a king against his will. He doesn't have to be king at all. There is nothing to stop him from stepping aside if he doesn't like the future forecast. There are some that feel the younger generation of royalty should be more modern and more in tune with their subjects, then in the next breath, accuse them of not acting very royally. We can't have it both ways, folks. They can't act royal and common at the same time, it just doesn't work. There was a time, not so very long ago when William and Kate were accused of being too stuffy and boring. Now they are accused of being too wild and boozy. Can't please everyone, it seems.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Very true, kimebear, especially since this was actually William's first club visit this year. The other "parties" they attended were charity balls. And Kate has been out a handful of times within the last 8 months - hardly too much partying, IMO. I think the "problem" if there is one, is not that they party too much (they don't) but that there's not much information in the public realm when it comes to their "work" or better his preparation to become King. We don't get pics of William working with the military very often or see what he does as his "job" neither do we know what Kate does during her days. The only information we get is when they are on their sparetime vacationing or partying because that's the info the press can get its hands on... hence the impression one gets is that they do nothing but party because it's either no info or party pics...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am shocked. Not by Kates entrance into the car, in fact it wasnt that undignified at all, what an exaggeration. No, what shocked me is that beautiful Prince William is going to be bald and very soon.... what a shame.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

Poor guy. He started losing his hair some time ago. Its rough when that happens to such a young man.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Poor guy. He started losing his hair some time ago. Its rough when that happens to such a young man.
Shall we write and suggest implants Kime? No, perhaps we had better not, he might not appreciate it....
Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

I wouldn't blame him. Still, he is a good looking enough even with the thinning hair.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally posted by Villemann
Well, with sites like The Kate & Wills Update, I guess there is an never ending demand for pictures of the two lovebirds!
Yeah, I don't think my little blog, which is as much about the media coverage of the two of them as it is about William and Kate, is really driving up the need for paparazzi photos.

Quote:
I am shocked. Not by Kates entrance into the car, in fact it wasnt that undignified at all, what an exaggeration. No, what shocked me is that beautiful Prince William is going to be bald and very soon.... what a shame.
You and me both, Menarue! The teenage girl inside of me that had such a crush on Prince William is totally disappointed by his hair's abdication.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Speaking of which does baldness stop at a certain point or does everyone who have it completely lose their hair..sorry if that sounds dumb but I know nothing about it.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

It depends what sort of baldness, but most bald people have some hair. Prince Charles and the Duke of Kent are both bald but have hair.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
It depends what sort of baldness, but most bald people have some hair. Prince Charles and the Duke of Kent are both bald but have hair.
Not bald - just an extremely high hairline.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Well, if male pattern baldness is supposed to be inherited from the mother's family, Diana's father had a sort of receding hairline with an exaggerated widow's peak, I think.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah...right in the middle of the top of his head. I dont' care; I think that William's gorgeous anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Not bald - just an extremely high hairline.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

It looks like William will be going bald in the front also. I was hopeing it would be just like Charles just in the back because when me go bald in the front they look much older just like Edward.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Commoner

If it doesn't bother William too much, why should it bother anybody else. How attractive a man is has very little to do with the number of hairs on his head in my opinion.Selfconfidence is more sexy than hair.
I must admit that the men surronding me, at work and in private, are not perfect any of them. Some are bald, some have hair all over their bodies, some have big ears ,some have a little "beer belly", some a slightly bigger one, and some even have "man boobs" Nevertheless, I find a couple of them rather attractive and therefore I don't see that William has lost so much of his looks either. He is a fine man,he is :)
Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Question about this topic: if he loose his hair then he will be the first bald king?

Btw. there was once discussion about his bald.

Are there any new engagements for him in near future?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I was shocked at the photo of them in the car with no seat belts fastened ( the final one in the series from the Daily Mail entitled "Tight Squeeze. ") Surely William of all people has learned the necessity of seat belt use.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Are there any new engagements for him in near future?
I just went to the official site to look at the calendar, and I didn't see any upcoming official visits for him; I also didn't see any events for the Queen and Prince Philip until 9 November 2008. That's odd. Aren't they usually back from Balmoral no later than mid-September??? I guess their schedules have not yet been completely entered into the calendar.

I'm secretly hoping that some major announcement is due this fall, but I highly doubt it.

Tags
prince william