Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid or ignorant? This amount of thoughtlessness beats everything.

Kate Middleton caught speaking on her phone while driving - Telegraph

Worst of all she is dating someone whose mother was killed because she did not wear a safety belt. That should have taught especially Kate a lesson regarding road safety.

It was definitely a stupid move if driving on the phone but as pointed out by others...I am sure there are others who have done worst. Its not like she should be deported or anything.

And since it appears that she is either driving/or sitting on her parent's private property (I believe) its a little odd to compare it to someone riding
in a car with a drunk driver not wearing a seatbelt.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to marry a royal unless it was true love or a true gold digger. Sometimes I can't decide who is worst --- the press or the public. And this is not directed at you DoM.

Let me change the word honeymoon to courtship, mind you in modern times they are almost the same or at least it would take an expert to differentiate. :lol:

You're quite right here, but please show me the courtship/honeymoon as it was before it ended....:whistling:

If you look closely in the second picture of the sun on the left side of the pic you can see the seat belt buckle.

But come on!!!! it looks to me she was driving in a rural way, there were no pedestrians there or other cars, just grass at her sides... and i bet EVERYONE has had a driving faux pax.. except not everyboy is dating the heir to the english throne and being followed by the press.

I think we are about to enter a season like the one before her 25th birthday, where there were no news, so the press started hunting her, making a big news out of anything. Remember the parking ticket incident?

I can´t show you , but before the pictures in the papers seemed to be all flattering, she was praised and lauded and put on front pages etc. Now they seem to have gone on the attack and show less flattering pictures, and they are much less flattering if you look properly. She is a bit older now and the photos seem to show that.... but so what! If Kate Middleton is tired of waiting then the papers seem to be too, so they will grab whatever they can to get people to buy theirs. She really isn´t a very interesting person, or doesn´t seem to be, you never hear of her going to the theatre or art galleries or anything cultural, but there is nothing wrong with that, some people like culture others don´t. The selling of paper plates and whistles for childrens´parties is not the most fascinating news material so they are going after something different.
While she is dating prince William she will just have to put up with it.

It was definitely a stupid move if driving on the phone but as pointed out by others...I am sure there are others who have done worst. Its not like she should be deported or anything.
Whether others have done worse or not is irrelevant.

The whole issue of driving while texting/calling is very big here in the UK and is something that is constantly in the public eye.

There are very real consequences here if you're caught doing this and police are even dealing with people who have been caught thanks to photos like this one of Kate.

The bottom line is, of course, that she shouldn't have done it. Using a cellular phone while driving is a risk that shouldn't be taken by anyone, whether it happens once or regularly. Have all of us done it? Probably. But that doesn't mean that we should.

Anyway, the part of this story that actually jumps out at me is the presence of photographers in Berkshire. We've seen them following her on her bicycle and taking long-range pictures of her working at Party Pieces, but this story proves that they're also tailing her while she drives. Belga Picture has more photos from the paparazzi agency that took the pictures, and they show photos of her driving in different outfits, which must mean this is happening on a regular basis.

It's ridiculous. There are two crimes being committed here, IMO -- one is Kate talking on her mobile, but the other is photographers hounding her in Berkshire. There's a big difference between taking someone's picture at a nightclub in London and taking a picture while someone is merely conducting everyday activities.

I know some of our country roads are narrow, but this looks more like the road that leads up to their house. I know townies might find it a little hard to comprehend, believing that folk in the country even have a straw sticking out of their mouths! :ROFLMAO:

I too confess that when traveling up the drive to the house, do not wear a seatbelt.

I can see nothing in the photo to suggest she was traveling on a public road or at at speed.

I agree it is unacceptable to stalk the girl like that. But what can she do? Wasn´t it said that Prince Charles and William were going to pay for security out of their own pockets, that seemed a bit unreal to me and even if she has got security they can´t stop someone hiding behind a hedge taking shots in the middle of the country.
Perhaps it was a neighbour, there are rumours that the neighbours don´t like them very much, perhaps they have seen her doing this often and have decided to cash in and stop the nuisance and danger in one go. Kate Middleton must know by now that there is great interest in her comings and going so she will just have to be more careful.

There isn't. Though imo it doesn't look like a driveway just a normal country lane, which could prove to be even more reckless in some respects.

Yes. It looks like a setup. No, she doesn't look like she is driving fast, and yes, she is wearing her seatbelt. But, what on earth did she think she was doing using her mobile whilst driving.

I don't know the laws in Britain but, if the photos where date-stamped, would they not be proof that she was breaking the law.

As to Princes's William and Harry not wearing seatbelts? Why haven't they been ticketed?

There isn't. Though imo it doesn't look like a driveway just a normal country lane, which could prove to be even more reckless in some respects.
A lot narrower than any of the lanes in the English countryside that I know, however, I am sure wherever the photo was taken, it was angled to give the worst impression.

Judging from the fact that the photographer was able to take at least two photos, one from the side and another right in front of her, it makes me wonder if the photographer was purposedly blocking Kate on a country lane. Particularly if she was on a one lane road without any recourse to get away. I'd risk breaking the law to call for police.

Judging from the fact that the photographer was able to take at least two photos, one from the side and another right in front of her, it makes me wonder if the photographer was purposedly blocking Kate on a country lane. Particularly if she was on a one lane road without any recourse to get away. I'd risk breaking the law to call for police.

That's an interesting point, Incas. I wonder if she only picked up her phone to call someone (the police?) after the photographers started pursuing her or even trapping her.

I suppose the only way we'd ever know for sure is if one of the paps was also using a video camera. But regardless, the whole thing is a mess. Everyone should have the right to go about their daily business without having cameras shoved in their faces.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Kate was calling for help. It just seems like wishful thinking on the part of posters.

There's nothing to suggest that she isn't calling for help either, Little_star. It's all speculation.

Except if she were then in all likelihood it would have been reported; 999 calls are recorded and frequently cited.

LittleStar, seems to me you have made up your mind on Kate's guilt. That's fine. Unless you were there in person, your opinion is just as valid as other posters making observations based on available photos. I don't think it's nice for you to decide whose opinion is wishful thinking.

It's hardly just "photos". The print media has reported that she was driving at the time.

"Miss Middleton was pictured holding her handset to her ear as she drove her Audi A3 along a country lane near her family's Berkshire home"
Kate Middleton caught speaking on her phone while driving - Telegraph

"Prince William's girlfriend was spotted holding the handset to her right ear as she drove her sporty Audi A3 hatchback near her home in Berkshire."
Kate Middleton Caught Using Mobile Phone While Driving Near Her Berkshire Home | UK News | Sky News

Images have surfaced of Middleton with the phone clamped to her ear as she drove along a country lane near her family's Berkshire home, UK press reports said.
Will's Kate sprung driving, on mobile | NEWS.com.au

There's nothing in any of the news reports to indicate that she phoned the police or used her phone after being spotted. By all accounts it seems that she was driving and using her phone and was snapped at the same time.

Judging from the fact that the photographer was able to take at least two photos, one from the side and another right in front of her, it makes me wonder if the photographer was purposely blocking Kate on a country lane. Particularly if she was on a one lane road without any recourse to get away. I'd risk breaking the law to call for police.
On more than one occasion when I have been tailgated, I have put the phone to my ear to give the impression that I had telephoned the police. There is no date stamp that we can see and no 'news' of who took the pictures, when and under what circumstance. Then again if he came forward, he might find himself in trouble for stalking!

LittleStar, as you well know, in this age of internet, even news sites copy/paste stories from each other. If you read the content of each of the links, the "facts" are pratically written by the the same author, with extensive editorial comments added for good measure. I for one won't quote an Australian site for something that happened anywhere outsitde of Australia. Just food for thought.

If you go back to my post, I never said Kate was phoning the police. I just mentioned what I'd have done if I got caught on a lane with photographer blocking me.

It's hardly just "photos". The print media has reported that she was driving at the time.

There's nothing in any of the news reports to indicate that she phoned the police or used her phone after being spotted. By all accounts it seems that she was driving and using her phone and was snapped at the same time.
All of the links you have supplied refer back to the same source and the one photograph they are all using. The Sky article is worded very carefully IMO. If as I said earlier, she was trying to give the stalker the impression that she was phoning the police, there wouldn't be any record.

If she was indeed driving with great care whilst on her mobile, it was rather stupid, but luckily no harm was done.

LittleStar, as you well know, in this age of internet, even news sites copy/paste stories from each other. If you read the content of each of the links, the "facts" are pratically written by the the same author, with extensive editorial comments added for good measure. I for one won't quote an Australian site for something that happened anywhere outsitde of Australia. Just food for thought.

If you go back to my post, I never said Kate was phoning the police. I just mentioned what I'd have done if I got caught on a lane with photographer blocking me.
Except again, there's no evidence that Kate was being blocked, chased by photograhers or anything else of that nature.

Those are all theories that appear to have been espoused by members to explain away an incredibly dangerous and reckless act by Ms Middleton.

All of the links you have supplied refer back to the same source and the one photograph they are all using. The Sky article is worded very carefully IMO. If as I said earlier, she was trying to give the stalker the impression that she was phoning the police, there wouldn't be any record.

If she was indeed driving with great care whilst on her mobile, it was rather stupid, but luckily no harm was done.
At least I've provided sources.

Perhaps you would like to supply the sources that say she was being stalked, chased, blocked in by photographers, tricked by photographers etc. etc?

At least I've provided sources.

Perhaps you would like to supply the sources that say she was being stalked, chased, blocked in by photographers, tricked by photographers etc. etc?
Well, we do know that despite the promises made by the press association, that the photographers would cease and desist the stalking/following of Kate, at least one of their rank has once again refused to abide by their own ruling. And the papers that piously said they would not use such photographs taken outwith public events have done a reverse turn, (probably whilst holding a mobile to their ears as they negotiate their way around Oxford Street, in the rush hour). I can't think of any valid reason for a photographer to be hiding in a hedge near to Kate's house, therefore he was stalking her!

That's an interesting point, Incas. I wonder if she only picked up her phone to call someone (the police?) after the photographers started pursuing her or even trapping her.

I suppose the only way we'd ever know for sure is if one of the paps was also using a video camera. But regardless, the whole thing is a mess. Everyone should have the right to go about their daily business without having cameras shoved in their faces.

I had wondered the same, for in the pics showing her on using her phone the car does not even seem to drive more than at walking speed. Maybe she saw them, got frightend and started calling while she was slowing down in order to be stopped by them. She might have feared she was going to be targeted.

Maybe even police advised her to wait till the pics showed up in public in order to get a hint of who did that to her. In the first set of ´Belgapics she appears as if somebody had turned a strong light towards her and she had to shield her eyes. For I doubt she would try to get herself covered in such a situation - she must have been photographed often before while driving, so gotten used to it but this looks as if it was a different situation.

Except again, there's no evidence that Kate was being blocked, chased by photograhers or anything else of that nature.

You're right. There were no photographers there, never and she was not photographed while trying to protect her eyes. These pcis were clearly photoshopped, so any claim by Catherine Middleton that she was being stalked was just a PR-move from her. Probably she even photoshopped the pics herself, attention-seeking little golddigger that she is. Ah, right....:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom