The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

True Jo, I hadnīt noticed that. I am sure there is significance, they are usually not so formal.... do they know something we donīt know?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Commoner

I would love to see kate and william marry but I don't think it going to happen I think william is putting distance between them kate won't know till t's to late. I wonder what queen elizabeth thinks about kate. I read that she liked sophie because she did not stand out in crowd. Everytime kate is public her photos are in every paper remember at peter's wedding kate had more photos than any other royal.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
True Jo, I hadnīt noticed that. I am sure there is significance, they are usually not so formal.... do they know something we donīt know?
Maybe they are trying to change her first name from "Kate" via "Miss Middleton" to "Catherine"....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I looked at some other papers and they havenīt gone so formal...... Perhaps someone had a word in the Mailīs shell-like collective ear.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Commoner

An update from Daily Mail with new photos:

Ungainly Katie: Kate Middleton's embarrassing tumble as she goes back to the 80s at the roller disco | Mail Online
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

From that DM article:

Quote:
As the 26-year-old's vigorous skating on the shiny floor saw her land flat on her back, leaving her in a rather embarrassing heap.
Of course they'd depict it that way -- looks to me like she took a little tumble and then had great fun laughing it off! Nothing embarrassing about that!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

The 60's, 70's & 80's themed events are all the rage and good luck to them. So, she took a fall but far from showing a thong, she had shorts on and thwarted their attempts to embarrass her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Everytime kate is public her photos are in every paper remember at peter's wedding kate had more photos than any other royal
That can hardly be Catherine's fault. This however was a charity event and it was Catherine who attracted much of the much needed publicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamrgt View Post
Not that I actually remember what they wore at the discos in the 80's... But it looks nice anyway
I never wore it (after my time really) but I remember it well!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Commoner

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
http://www.isifa.com/result_ed.php?search_id=1700404
http://www.gettyimages.com/search/se...kate+middleton#
http://showbiz.sky.com/kate-goes-disco

i find a video: but i cant see it
kate middleton and princess beatrice leaving the roller disco last night
http://www.newspusher.com/EN/post/12...ast-night.html
Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

I like her!!! she's beautiful! a young lady who have fun and try to have a normal life as possible even if she's dating a prince!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The 60's, 70's & 80's themed events are all the rage and good luck to them. So, she took a fall but far from showing a thong, she had shorts on and thwarted their attempts to embarrass her.That can hardly be Catherine's fault. This however was a charity event and it was Catherine who attracted much of the much needed publicity.
I never wore it (after my time really) but I remember it well!
Oh, I was young in the 80ties and I wore worse things when it came to being "indecent".... Well, never mind. But I wonder why the Mail changed the tone of their headlines? It is now definately unpleasant. Can it be that they read these forums and did not like what they read here as their "secret agenda" for Miss Middleton?

But I really wonder why they write such things about a young lady who has never set a foot wrong in public and might very well be the next Royal duchess/princess/queen. Most of their readers actually would never know about William and Catherine if is wasn't for the Mail or other tabloids (Okay, that's true for the time till she attendes the Garter ceremony when she was featured in serious papers as well) but I wonder if there is any need to "kill" her apart from her potential and obvious dislike of the media which she shares with William. Maybe she is considered "dangerous" as she is probably encouraging William in his no-media-politics?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Well I can recall another who was pulled down by the meda even when she was doing something Good....and I can also recall what on man had to say about it in the end.."I don't think she ever understood why her genuinely good intentions were sneered at by the media, why there appeared to be a permanent quest on their behalf to bring her down. It is baffling. My own, and only, explanation is that genuine goodness is threatening to those at the opposite end of the moral spectrum." this is IMHO what they( the press) do and they don't care about Miss Meddleton or who she might or might not be in the future...Just what they can cut her down for now...and how many of us will believe it and pass it on in our forums... because what else do we have to believe when all we know of this women is what they write. Just a friendly opinion ....
Old 09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Gentry

She looks cute, I like the top.

I wish the DM would lay off the Diana comparisons.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Majesty

How many young women could look so good in an outfit like THAT? I noticed that she even had the retro white stripes on her shorts. Excellent! The sequined halter top looks like the 70s, but the legwarmers are definitely 80s. They weren't a look for me, but mostly everybody wore them.

Quote:
She does look good. Quite refreshing to see her in an outfit like that. Love the panties!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of Kate:
Pure People/Kate Middleton s'éclate en mini short sans… son fiancé le prince William !
Hola!/KATE MIDDLETON, CONVERTIDA EN LA 'REINA DEL BAILE' POR UNA BUENA CAUSA
Abacausa
Old 09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Oh, I was young in the 80ties and I wore worse things when it came to being "indecent".... Well, never mind. But I wonder why the Mail changed the tone of their headlines? It is now definitely unpleasant. Can it be that they read these forums and did not like what they read here as their "secret agenda" for Miss Middleton?
They are perhaps varying it to keep us on our toes, however, I am starting to feel quite sorry for the Mail, they have obviously been unable to attract any of the good or serious writers to write about the Royal Family or Catherine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
How many young women could look so good in an outfit like THAT? I noticed that she even had the retro white stripes on her shorts. Excellent! The sequined halter top looks like the 70s, but the legwarmers are definitely 80s. They weren't a look for me, but mostly everybody wore them.
One of my younger and more 'spirited' sisters wore similar outfits to disco's in the 70's, and if I recall, she was sent home from the office because she wore a very short dress over 'hot pants'. I don't remember any stripes though.

Catherine has a wonderful figure.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

its a shame that William couldnt make it to support Kate's charity event but his SAS training has kept him away

Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
She looks cute, I like the top.
I wish the DM would lay off the Diana comparisons.
Totally. They were even in the same skates.

Kate & co must have gotten some practice in for the event, looks like she only slipped up once. It seems to be such a fun bash. And compared to some of the other Day-Glo get ups, Kate's sequine and shorts actually looked classy. How anyone can pull off a green-yellow-pink all shiny and bright is an achievement on its own.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

The more I see the pictures of Catherine, the more I like them. She looks so happy, so natural. And I still totally love the panties! Need to check the upcoming parties in my area - maybe there is a disco one where I can wear those panties.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
The more I see the pictures of Catherine, the more I like them. She looks so happy, so natural.
Me too! Surprisingly, my favorite bits are the ones of her falling flat on the ground. Shows what a trouper she could be. And it certainly is a refreshing departure from her usual prim and proper behavior during more formal events.

One of The Sun's reporters joined the Roller Disco. Here's their updated story:
Wheels and Kate Middleton | Prince William | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Courtier

What a scathing article on Kate...jeez...

JAN MOIR: Raise your glasses - the party's over for the trophy wives | Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william