Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get why his job interferes with his life. Is ANYONE in the RAF married or in a relationship???

Kate's press from this past summer has caused damaged to her reputation, the appearance now is similar to the girl who cried wolf, she sincerely did this charity, yes I agree, but because of her bad press(all summer as being work-shy) and the current photos in the outfit, shorts glitter top, many will open the papers and just see another frivolous Kate party outing.
I doubt the Palace or Courtiers are looking at her on the floor in shorts saying what wonderful future Monarch image she is presenting. I think some parts of the evening concerning her decsion on her attire to her presentation was a mistake.
It is obvious no PR people from the Palace helped her with this.

I agree certain photos from the event were clearly put out there to send a specific image. Like the comical one of her sprawled out on the floor at The Sun.

But the tabs have been saying she needs to do charity work if she won't work, and here she is doing it but not in the most traditional sense. It seems as though she might was well live whatever life she wants at this point because she will always do wrong and never be right for their Prince. :lol:

The stripes are like the kind that were on athletic shorts at the time. Yes, she has a lovely figure. I think that she's a very pretty, fit young lady.:flowers:

I don't remember any stripes though.:flowers:

Catherine has a wonderful figure.

Panties? That term is usually reserved for ladies' underwear that you call "knickers" over there. I think that Catherine's wearing what could be called "hot pants" or "short shorts.":flowers: I can only imagine the uproar if Kate wore what we'd call "panties" in public!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The more I see the pictures of Catherine, the more I like them. She looks so happy, so natural. And I still totally love the panties! Need to check the upcoming parties in my area - maybe there is a disco one where I can wear those panties. :D

Paparazzi persecution, day in and day out. IOW being stalked. The museum or gallery being harassed with phone calls from reporters and gossip columnists. Staff dealing with people who aren't as interested in the art as they are in catching a glimpse of Kate.:flowers:

There would have been no problem for her working (after an internship)in a museum or gallery.

Let's not go down the road of whether Kate should get a job, what her motivations are, whether she'll be a suitable consort for William, whether they'll end up getting married, what sort of job she should get, and the rest of that weary battle. Not here, at any rate. This is a current-events thread, not a let's-have-a-fight-about-Kate's-future thread. There are other threads for more general discussions about William and Kate.

Elspeth
British Royals moderator

Party Pieces Updates

Thanks to dagsi's post in another blog, we get Party Pieces updates!

-----------------
PARTY PIECES UPDATES

A quick visit to http://www.partypieces.co.uk would show you a some signs of Kate involvement.

1. Newly-launched Cherrypicked Collection. Click on the logo, and voila, at the bottom of the Cherrypicked page, we get a small pic of Kate with her mum. The file name, vicky_mum_kate_WEB.jpg, indicates that indeed, she's called "Kate" in her family.

2. The Personalised Gifts section. Probably means nothing, but note the names Kate, James, Harry and William (a clock!).

3. The Gift Experience section. Clearly linked to Virgin Experience Days -- probably in collaboration with Holly Branson.

4. Starlight Charity. Party Pieces has joined forces with Starlight Children Foundation for terminally ill kids. Take note that this is also the charity associated with this year's Boodles Boxing Ball.
-----------

Fantastic work, Kate! These are very distinct signs of Kate's involvement in the family business, so hopefully claims that she does nothing with her time will be laid to rest. The products look cute, too. If I lived in the UK, I'd probably try a thing or two... even if I don't have kids :D

I am surprised the Daily Mail has not come up with a story about the Middletons trying to cash in on Kate's royal connections, as a result of her picture appearing on the website! Lets give it a few weeks - I am sure its on its way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hip hip hooray, now we know that Miss Middleton is known as Kate and the name Catherine can be left where it belongs, at the Baptismal font. Asking to be called this gives me the idea she is already trying out Queen Catherine for size.

I Hope she uses her actual Given name when they marry

I'm sure she'll be Catherine Elizabeth at the wedding if they marry, just as he'll be William Arthur Philip Louis. :flowers:

I've always sort of wondered if that "Call me Catherine!" story was a plant. I'm sure there are tons of people in the aristocratic circles close to the royal family who would love to see Kate discarded, and I wouldn't put it past one of them to start rumors like this one in the press. "Oh, we all call her Catherine, she asks us to."

I'm sure she'll be Catherine Elizabeth at the wedding if they marry, just as he'll be William Arthur Philip Louis. :flowers:

I've always sort of wondered if that "Call me Catherine!" story was a plant. I'm sure there are tons of people in the aristocratic circles close to the royal family who would love to see Kate discarded, and I wouldn't put it past one of them to start rumors like this one in the press. "Oh, we all call her Catherine, she asks us to."

I had the same thought Ella Kay, it made her seem a bit "too big for her boots".

I hope that Starlight gets a lot of donations from Party Pieces' involvement!:flowers:

Thanks to dagsi's post in another blog, we get Party Pieces updates!

-----------------
PARTY PIECES UPDATES

A quick visit to Please enable your cookies would show you a some signs of Kate involvement.

1. Newly-launched Cherrypicked Collection. Click on the logo, and voila, at the bottom of the Cherrypicked page, we get a small pic of Kate with her mum. The file name, vicky_mum_kate_WEB.jpg, indicates that indeed, she's called "Kate" in her family.

2. The Personalised Gifts section. Probably means nothing, but note the names Kate, James, Harry and William (a clock!).

3. The Gift Experience section. Clearly linked to Virgin Experience Days -- probably in collaboration with Holly Branson.

4. Starlight Charity. Party Pieces has joined forces with Starlight Children Foundation for terminally ill kids. Take note that this is also the charity associated with this year's Boodles Boxing Ball.
-----------

Fantastic work, Kate! These are very distinct signs of Kate's involvement in the family business, so hopefully claims that she does nothing with her time will be laid to rest. The products look cute, too. If I lived in the UK, I'd probably try a thing or two... even if I don't have kids :D

Ella Kay;829027 I'm sure there are tons of people in the aristocratic circles close to the royal family who would love to see Kate discarded said:
all[/I] call her Catherine, she asks us to."
Why on earth would they put a story out like that? There are much better ways, IF they felt that way inclined!:ermm: Until I see a reliable statement to the contrary, I shall continue to call her by her given name, not a nickname she is now reputed to use with her family. My siblings are allowed to call me by a shortened version of my name, but heaven help anyone else! :whistling:

I am surprised the Daily Mail has not come up with a story about the Middletons trying to cash in on Kate's royal connections, as a result of her picture appearing on the website! Lets give it a few weeks - I am sure its on its way!

At least they can't claim Kate doesn't work.;)

Hip hip hooray, now we know that Miss Middleton is known as Kate and the name Catherine can be left where it belongs, at the Baptismal font. Asking to be called this gives me the idea she is already trying out Queen Catherine for size.

So, Menarue, I take it that you are not too fond of the idea of a Queen Catherine? :D

I think the whole name thing is ridiculous, if she marries William, the Queen is not going to allow her to be Princess Kate, whatever she was called before. Until then, Kate is fine.

But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I think the whole name thing is ridiculous, if she marries William, the Queen is not going to allow her to be Princess Kate, whatever she was called before. Until then, Kate is fine.

But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
I was so disappointed when I read the family call her Kate, it sounds so ... downmarket to me. If she marries William, lets hope that she is called Princess Catherine. :flowers:

Wonderful that the Middletons have been able to show the story about call me Catherine was a total fabrication, I wonder which rag it started in?:rolleyes:

Sounds like she's been involved in Party Pieces since early this year then. I really like the idea of the gift bags for children in the hospital over Christmas!:)

It does sound like a lovely thing for Party Pieces to do ... those children will be over the moon when they get all that bright party gear to help celebrate Christmas!

As far as the name goes, I'm merely speculating that I hope Kate wouldn't go swanning about, telling people to call her Catherine when they've previously not done so. I could just more easily believe that someone else tossed that bit to the press. I think Kate's quite a nice name, and Catherine, too, and if she does become Princess William, I'm sure that we'll see both used at times.

I have a feeling she is reading the R F posts...........Most suggested she does charity works and charity works she does.........Bravo!

It's a false assumption that Prince William can't/won't get married when he's in the RAF. The papers are making a problem out of thin air IMO.:flowers:

I still don't get why his job interferes with his life. Is ANYONE in the RAF married or in a relationship???

I have a feeling she is reading the R F posts...........Most suggested she does charity works and charity works she does.........Bravo!
Well , I say bravo on her for listening to us then! :lol:

This from the article -
As Kate Middleton struggles to improve her work reputation, she has unexpectedly come under fire from another quarter - old university pals who accuse her of 'turning her back' on them.
Jules Knight, who studied art history alongside Kate at St Andrews University and lived next door to Prince William, claims several people are 'upset' the 26-year-old appears to have 'made a conscious decision' not to stay in touch.-- Snipped-- 'It's not like they want to be friends with Kate because of her position, the fact that she's going out with Prince William. I don't want this to sound like sour grapes.
One way for him to get extra publicity for his boy band I suppose, after all, any one of them could have telephoned or written to Catherine. :bang:
I have a feeling she is reading the R F posts...........
Everyone else does, so why not Catherine?:lol::lol:

It's great that she's taking part to that sort of activities!!!

I think it's lovely that we can actually say the "Catherine is doing this", but that's all we can say because we really don't have a clue what she does from day to day. :flowers:

I was so disappointed when I read the family call her Kate, it sounds so ... downmarket to me. If she marries William, lets hope that she is called Princess Catherine. :flowers:

Wonderful that the Middletons have been able to show the story about call me Catherine was a total fabrication, I wonder which rag it started in?:rolleyes:

Well, her family called Diana "Duch" even when she was already a prince's wife. So let the family call Catherine Elizabeth Middleton "Kate" or whatever while we stay with the much more beutiful (IMHO at least) Catherine. She is still so young: at her age my friends still called me "Josi" and only changed to Josephine much later...

Well as far as nicknames go the grandchildren of Queen Victoria used to call her Gan Gan and she didn´t mind so if she minds or not I am going to continue to call Kate, Kate. That is how she was first mentioned in the newspapers which is how we all got to know she was Prince William´s girlfriend.... if she gets to Princess well let us hope she is luckier than Sarah who remained Fergie despite all protests - and it seems no one in her family ever called her that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom