The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for those new pics!!!

I like them being together! I think they're great couple!!! Hope we'll soon have a good news from Buckingham!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Commoner

< ed: Warren > Kate looks beautiful and her prince boyfriend looks very handsome.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
William is a good looking chap but in these pics of them at the wedding he looks more than good looking. Lovely outfit Kate is wearing. To me they look like a good match. Let's hope it lasts.
Well, they're going on something like five years now, so things are looking good for longevity so far!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
"And significantly he asked that his dad’s bodyguard Dominic Ryan be Kate’s for the day."....umm, didn't the story begin with Prince William being at the wedding. Shouldn't his bodyguard be there for HIM rather than for Kate?
Perhaps William and his aides are competent to judge who and when security is needed.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'd wager it's more like there were several security guards traveling with them, and William asked Dominic Ryan to keep a special eye on Kate. I'm almost certain that more than one bodyguard would go with Prince William on a trip to the continent.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Oh damn, William is REALLY losing his hair. I don't even think that Edward lost his this quickly.

I'll wager by the time he is King, he'll be totally bald.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO Kate has a frumpy touch but so does William. At this wedding I thought she looked good, nice make up etc. Regarding her hair, she has beautiful hair that deserved better than just hanging down. It's a real shame she doesn't do any experiments, whoever pays for her fancy dresses should pay for a decent hairdresser, too. In case she will be the one we can expect very nice hairdo's etc as her hair gives lots of options to work with.
You can't get a much better hairdresser than Richard Ward.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

She probably wears her hair the way William likes it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Courtier

in post 95, i cant see the picture, it says the lnk is broken..cn someone help me please?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Kate has lovely hair but I think she is dressing far too old for her age, I feel she is trying to impress the RF with her classic look, it makes her look frumpy. Shame about William´s hair but if he sticks to the navy and can wear that uniform all the time he will be fine.....(very fine).
Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
She probably wears her hair the way William likes it.
Oh merciful heavens! I think you're right. It must be love . . . . . .
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
in post 95, i cant see the picture, it says the lnk is broken..cn someone help me please?
Try it again cd_1, it is working.
Here it is: Prince William and Kate Middleton pose for photos after walking down the aisle at friend's wedding in Austria | Royal news | News | News Of The World
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO Kate has a frumpy touch but so does William. At this wedding I thought she looked good, nice make up etc.
In case some of you wonder who the bride and groom of this wedding were, I found this information at the web.

The engagement was announced in May 2007 between Capt Rupert S. Evetts, Blues & Royals, only son of Mrs Susan Evetts , of East Dean, Hampshire and the late Mr Michael Evetts , and Chiara Hunt, second daughter of Dr The Hon Jonathan Philip Henderson Hunt (b 1947), of South Kensington, London, by his wife the former Monika Kuhlmann, and granddaughter paternally of the late Baron Hunt of Fawley (life peer).

The Hon. Jonathan Hunt and his wife Monika had been married at the same church in Salzburg where their daughter married now, wearing her mother's bridalgown, a traditional Alpine costume called Dirndl. The groom is a serving officer at the Blues & Royals and has been awarded a military honour, the Queen's commendation for valuable service, in 2004. Seems William is connected to both bride and groom.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Thanks for this Jo. I was actually hoping for a Habsburg or two.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Thanks for this Jo. I was actually hoping for a Habsburg or two.
Me, too, as the Habsburgs have links to Salzburg. Franchesca lives there and the new Countess Neipperg (wife of grandson of Otto Habsburg) is from Salzburg. But alas, Austrian papers say that the guestlist was top secret and that it was mostly British guests gathering there. They wrote that william and Catherine danced till 4 am and were very happy and cuddly...

Here are some pics of guests arriving for the party: Catherine wears a stunning dress in mauve.
http://www.salzburg.com/galerie/inde...arent=Salzburg
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the mauve dress but I am a bit disappointed that we didn´t get a better look at the dirndl.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I like the mauve dress but I am a bit disappointed that we didn´t get a better look at the dirndl.
Here's a pic of the bride and groom on a motorbike, so you get a little impression of the dirndl:

Prinz William als Hochzeitsgast in Salzburg - oe3.ORF.at
Old 09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

The discussion of Kate's attire for the recent wedding has been moved to: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tyle-7409.html
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Commoner

I've lost the plot - what were these two events? was the mauve dress party a wedding event?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, it was.

Tags
prince william