Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn, William is REALLY losing his hair. I don't even think that Edward lost his this quickly.

I'll wager by the time he is King, he'll be totally bald.

I noticed that too...:ermm: I don't think bald is a good look for William...maybe he can get transplants...:ninja:

I noticed that too...:ermm: I don't think bald is a good look for William...maybe he can get transplants...:ninja:

Yeah, he could ask the guy who drives that ghastly looking car around Windsor, upsetting his grandfather ... Elton will certainly give the best advice! ;)

He should just copy Vin Diesel's look, just shave off. It's really sexy AND a tough guy look to boot, perfect for hanging out with his SAS training buds.:flowers:

Perhaps he doesnt do it cause he thinks that crwon will be cold agaisnt his scalp :ROFLMAO:.
Perhaps some hair injerts would do him well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the mauve dress but I am a bit disappointed that we didn´t get a better look at the dirndl.

Menarue, I have found a better view of the bridal dirndl on this larger picture of the happy couple after the ceremony.
The dirndl comes in many variations - every day, festive, bridal. The festive and bridal dirndls are very expensive and made from brocade & silk. :flowers:

That dirndl is lovely I had no idea that they came in different models for different occasions. This one looks as though it is made of silk and has a very expensive look about it. They make a lovely looking young couple.
We learn something new every day on this forum...... thanks.

Thanks for the picture, Veronika! I must admit, when I heard the phrase "bridal dirndl," I conjured up images of pigtails and polka. But that is just absolutely lovely. Menarue, you're right, we do learn tons of new things on this forum! :flowers:

This was reported in several newspapers, albeit all tebloid-style, so there might be a tiny part of truth here. Besides, with the latest news of William's career ambitions, it is entirely possible Catherine decided to go ahead with hers. If so, I only applaud her for that.

Kate Middleton to launch interior design business

Kate Middleton is rumoured to be starting up her own company.
The graduate, 26, has been criticised for not holding down a full-time job since being awarded with a History Of Arts degree 5 years ago. So she has set her mind on launching an interior design business.
Insiders say she’s determined to prove herself to boyfriend Prince William and the Royal family.

‘She is extremely well-read on interior design and has a natural flair and individual style,’ a source tells the Sunday People.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebr...ddleton-to-launch-interior-design-business/1/

I hope these storiers are untrue and Kate is not planning to set up aninteriors design business. Whilst Kate is not a member of the BRF, she is close enough for those people that want to to try and claim that she is trying to benefit from her position (as we have seen with Sophie Wessex). Secondly, with the economic environment the way it is, it is hardly going to be a great time to launch such a business. If she does want to pursue a career in interior design, she is probably better off working for an exisiting designer. How about Annabel Elliot, Camilla's sister? Annabel has already worked on a number of commissions for the Duchy of Cornwall, including, if I am not mistaken, the new Welsh home for C&C.

The report seems to be based on an article in the Sunday People, which if I am not mistaken is the sister of one of the tabloids, the Mirror.

And here is another article, this time actually from the queen of tabloids itself - the Mirror. There might be some truth here though because the mirror does one of the rarest things in its history - names the source of the story. And since the source is the brother of the boy in question, this may, after all, be true. The headline is really stupid though; I'd prefer they didn't use the words 'inspired by death'.

Kate Middleton inspired by death of old school friend for latest charity project

The untimely death of an old schoolfriend has inspired Kate Middleton's most ambitious charity project yet.
Tom Waley-Cohen, who was at boarding school with Kate and became friends with princes William and Harry, died aged 20 after a long battle against bone cancer.
Kate, 26, was devastated when Tom died in July 2004. Since then she has been involved behind the scenes supporting his family's £1million fund - raising campaign for a surgical ward at Oxford Children's Hospital named after him.

This is great. This is exactly the kind of thing we would love to hear about Kate getting involved in, in addition toworking for her parents. It would be useful if our friends at the Mirror can get a little more detail on the exact nature of her involvement.

ummmm....I don't remember dressing like that in the 80's. And what is with that last pic of the chick in the tu-tu thingy??? And the headband???
I think it's more of the 70's than the 80's.
But then again, what would they know? They were probably just babies in the 80's!!!:lol:

I think it's 80's disco. Not that I actually remember what they wore at the discos in the 80's... But it looks nice anyway. :rolleyes:

Good on Kate for doing some charity work, she looks like she had fun.

She looks great!!!

It's good to see her taking part in such events!

True Jo, I hadn´t noticed that. I am sure there is significance, they are usually not so formal.... do they know something we don´t know?

I would love to see kate and william marry but I don't think it going to happen I think william is putting distance between them kate won't know till t's to late. I wonder what queen elizabeth thinks about kate. I read that she liked sophie because she did not stand out in crowd. Everytime kate is public her photos are in every paper remember at peter's wedding kate had more photos than any other royal.

True Jo, I hadn´t noticed that. I am sure there is significance, they are usually not so formal.... do they know something we don´t know?

Maybe they are trying to change her first name from "Kate" via "Miss Middleton" to "Catherine"....:whistling:

I looked at some other papers and they haven´t gone so formal...... Perhaps someone had a word in the Mail´s shell-like collective ear.

From that DM article:

As the 26-year-old's vigorous skating on the shiny floor saw her land flat on her back, leaving her in a rather embarrassing heap.

Of course they'd depict it that way -- looks to me like she took a little tumble and then had great fun laughing it off! Nothing embarrassing about that!

The 60's, 70's & 80's themed events are all the rage and good luck to them. So, she took a fall but far from showing a thong, she had shorts on and thwarted their attempts to embarrass her.
Everytime kate is public her photos are in every paper remember at peter's wedding kate had more photos than any other royal
That can hardly be Catherine's fault. This however was a charity event and it was Catherine who attracted much of the much needed publicity.:flowers:
Not that I actually remember what they wore at the discos in the 80's... But it looks nice anyway
I never wore it (after my time really) but I remember it well! :D

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
http://www.isifa.com/result_ed.php?search_id=1700404
http://www.gettyimages.com/search/search.aspx/1/editorial?phrase=kate+middleton#
http://showbiz.sky.com/kate-goes-disco

i find a video: but i cant see it
verysad.gif

kate middleton and princess beatrice leaving the roller disco last night
http://www.newspusher.com/EN/post/1...rice-leaving-the-roller-disco-last-night.html

I like her!!! she's beautiful! a young lady who have fun and try to have a normal life as possible even if she's dating a prince!!

The 60's, 70's & 80's themed events are all the rage and good luck to them. So, she took a fall but far from showing a thong, she had shorts on and thwarted their attempts to embarrass her.That can hardly be Catherine's fault. This however was a charity event and it was Catherine who attracted much of the much needed publicity.:flowers:
I never wore it (after my time really) but I remember it well! :D

Oh, I was young in the 80ties and I wore worse things when it came to being "indecent".... Well, never mind. But I wonder why the Mail changed the tone of their headlines? It is now definately unpleasant. Can it be that they read these forums and did not like what they read here as their "secret agenda" for Miss Middleton? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But I really wonder why they write such things about a young lady who has never set a foot wrong in public and might very well be the next Royal duchess/princess/queen. Most of their readers actually would never know about William and Catherine if is wasn't for the Mail or other tabloids (Okay, that's true for the time till she attendes the Garter ceremony when she was featured in serious papers as well) but I wonder if there is any need to "kill" her apart from her potential and obvious dislike of the media which she shares with William. Maybe she is considered "dangerous" as she is probably encouraging William in his no-media-politics?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom