The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
I knew that the moment something about Kate having a job turned up those who constantly call on her to get one won't believe it and find fault with it. Since when is working in a family business not a real job? I guess nothing will ever do when it comes to Kate.
Kathryn Flett hit the basic nail right on the head this weekend: she really is damned if she doesn't and damned if she does. If nothing's published in the press about Kate's job, they argue that she's lazy and doesn't have one. When articles are published that signal that Kate is working, well, those must not be true!

It's so silly. It makes me wonder why they insist that anyone who writes something less than negative about Kate must be lying.

Regardless, we can't prove what Kate does on a daily basis, but I see no reason to believe that she isn't working at Party Pieces. And if she is, bully for her. I've said it before, and if this debate rages on, I'll surely have to say it again: isn't working for her family excellent preparation for eventually working for the family? I would imagine so!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Nobility

I'm not saying the reports aren't trueor that they are true. All i am saying, and i am honestly impartial here, if she is working good for her. However it was said, could be false, that when she aproched a photographer to work in a gallery she asked to work three days a week and have flexible hours when William was in London. So why is she then working "9 to 5". I think, the truth is more likely to be a compromsie, yes she is working, a few days a week and being flexible when needed. I think the answer lies in the middle rather than at the two exremes.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

OK, this is not about the "news" as it's a repeat on the photo story. But who is in that photo? One would expect the Press Association know what Prince William look like.

The Press Association: William and Kate photos stolen
Old 09-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I think you're absolutely right about the truth of Kate's work life falling somewhere in the middle, Tommy. I'd imagine that the closest we've gotten to a reliable report on her work life is that interview the Express did with Belle Robinson. IMO, the Kate depicted in that interview is one who wanted to work and liked her job at Jigsaw but who was not yearning to make a career the number one priority in her life. The Kate that Belle Robinson talked about wasn't someone interested in throwing herself into a tasking, all-consuming job, but she wasn't someone who was a lazy layabout either.

As far as that photography story goes, it's from the first story by the Mail that published "embarrassing" photos of the Middleton siblings:

Quote:
For her part, Kate has been trying to reinvent herself as a photographer, helping out at her parents' firm by taking pictures for their website of the cakes James has iced. Believing that her relationship with Prince William was bound to help, she has been canvassing top studio photographers with a view to being taken on as a trainee. Surprisingly, the Royal Family's huge influence cannot be made to stretch this far.

'One important photographer was listening well enough until she explained she wanted to do a four-day week and would have to be given leave whenever William was in town,' reports a close figure. 'He sent her away with a flea in her ear.'
It basically recycles the language that Belle Robinson used about Kate's Jigsaw work schedule, and I'm reluctant to give it much credibility, especially because of the content of the rest of that article.

HM The Queen
Old 09-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
OK, this is not about the "news" as it's a repeat on the photo story. But who is in that photo? One would expect the Press Association know what Prince William look like.

Excellent catch! I don't know who he is, but I'd think twice about stealing a camera if he were around! Very authoritative and sinister!

HM The Queen
Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Hello story about Kate working 9-5 is probably a carefully planted "PR" story - so well done Clarence House PR machine! Assuming Kate has actually been working with her parents for a while, it is good that this is being clarified - and hopefully that will put a stop to all the gossip about how she spends her time - not that it was anybody's business. Hopefuly this well give the DMail something to think about - and perhaps think about how they might "update" their smear campaign!

Coming down to the hours she actually works, I don't think the press will ever get the full story. In practice, given that it is a small family business, I suspect she works as long as she needs to get the job done - and on some days it will be more, and on others, less - and I am sure they all muck in!

It would be interesting to see if she were to marry William, and if she were to take an interest in the Royal collection - providing a link with her degree... only time will tell!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think CH has anything to do with it. I think this comes from The Middleton Camp to try and save Kate's image with the public and press. I don't think CH would agree to an Hello deal just to tell the readers that Kate blames CH for the mess she has got herself into, and allow her family to get publicity for their family business.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Courtier

I have to agree with you there..Kezza the only thing you ever hear coming from CH is that they do not comment on the personal life of Prince William..and to Hello to top it off after the so called mess with Pete's Wedding photos ....
Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Having read the article in Hello i thought that it wasnt much of an "exclusive" i mean we all have seen the pictures of Kate working at her parents and im sure that with all the bad press she has been getting in reagrds to her lack of job/constant partying Kate would be annoyed/upset (i know i would) the articles has a page about other's peoples opinions on the subject such as Jenny Bond, Ingrid Seward, Max Clifford, Daisy Lowe (what really has this model got to do with Kate ), Dickie Arbiter and Jennie Bond. To me the article was more about these people getting themselves in the press to be seen talking about Kate and adding fuel to the fire. It also contains a comparison with previous royal girlfriends - Sophie, Fergie and Diana and im sure Kate does not wnat to be compared to them constanty. Hello have merely put Kate on the main cover to get readers to buy it yet it contains only 4 pages (btw i get Hello every week so that wasnt my reason for buying it ) Hello really wanted to cash in / jump on the Kate rollercoaster

Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post

Incas that's Will and Kate of course! How you could don't know how they look if even PA know?!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
the articles has a page about other's peoples opinions on the subject such as Jenny Bond, Ingrid Seward, Max Clifford, Daisy Lowe (what really has this model got to do with Kate ), Dickie Arbiter and Jennie Bond.
Thanks for the info, PrincessofEurope. Save me a trip to the newsagent. It's amazing how much "authority" these people bring to any BRF related conversation. If anything, they are the ones in desperate need for a proper job.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I have to agree with you there..Kezza the only thing you ever hear coming from CH is that they do not comment on the personal life of Prince William..and to Hello to top it off after the so called mess with Pete's Wedding photos ....
I am sure the official line of CH remains that they do not comment on the personal lives of various members of the royal family. That said, clever and proactive PR is all about giving off -the-record briefings, with a view to getting the correct and positive message across. In this case, it was in CH's interest to get the message across that Kate is not sitting around idle, and is in fact working for her parents. I do not believe that the Middletons' themselves would have leaked this without the knowledge and guidance of CH.

Re choice of Hello - Firstly, it was hardly as "exclusive" interview / release. Secondly, I would have thought Hello would be easier and "cleaner" to deal with than one of the tabloids, from CH's perspective. Thirdly, the issue with Peter & Autumn's wedding pictures was not to do with Hello per se, the issue there was really whether the couple should have been allowed to sell the rights. From BP/CH's perspective, it did not matter who the pictures were sold to.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody know of Will's whereabouts these days? Is he up in Scotland with the family, or is he doing some military training?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Moving the furniture around...
Posts discussing possible residences of William and wife have been moved to the Future Residences thread;
posts discussing the ins and outs of Ms Middleton's employment (or not) have been moved to the rumours & musings thread.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Prince William takes Kate Middleton down the aisle | News of the World

The two of them look great - I love Kate's jacket/skirt combo this time. They look really happy.

HM The Queen
Old 09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Aw they look so cute! Sorry I have no idea where that came from but it's so rare to see them together at a proper event.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

They make a really nice-looking couple and seem happy together. I hope that it continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Aw they look so cute! Sorry I have no idea where that came from but it's so rare to see them together at a proper event.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

^I know I can't help but love them together, at first I was really scared William would choose a women who really wasn't fit for the role but Kate in my eyes so far is definitly fits. I know, we hardly have any real information about her but from everything I've seen she seems like the right person for the job.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Royal Highness

"And significantly he asked that his dad’s bodyguard Dominic Ryan be Kate’s for the day."....umm, didn't the story begin with Prince William being at the wedding. Shouldn't his bodyguard be there for HIM rather than for Kate?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Courtier

William is a good looking chap but in these pics of them at the wedding he looks more than good looking. Lovely outfit Kate is wearing. To me they look like a good match. Let's hope it lasts.

Stellad

Tags
prince william