The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Commoner

Hello Jo, thanks for the welcome! Although I think I might just keep Fabio to myself

Old 08-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Nobility

Now this makes me laugh, i don't know what to make of it really.

Photos of the youngest Middleton that are sure to embarrass Kate! | Mail Online

Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Serene Highness

Just another smear campaign by the Daily Mail on a slow news day. They can't get any dirt on Kate herself, so its off to the family members. At this rate, William would be lucky to have any girl and her family take him on.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Commoner

Big deal. Looks like the usual little brother antics to me. I'm not impressed. My brother did the same kind of stuff when he was younger. I don't see how what he does affects Kate's future in the royal family. Meh.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
Now this makes me laugh, i don't know what to make of it really.

Photos of the youngest Middleton that are sure to embarrass Kate! | Mail Online
Well good for you to find humor in it, because I just find it very upsetting. How horrible it must be for the Middletons to have their family ridiculed publicly... and from very biased internet sources no less. If they have no stories to tell and need to lift some content online, why not lift from more mature internet sites such as this?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Just goes to show that the Mail has officially run out of things to write. It's so disgusting that their "journalists" have resorted to reprinting forum postings in their articles -- and that they've decided not only to go after Kate but also her family. I'll bet Prince William's going to be ticked.

So, is this "Nathan Kay" who "wrote"/copy-and-pasted that article related to Richard Kay?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

those photos are so funny. people are so desperate to find something really bad about her that they had to look at her brother.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

For people who live in the UK and see the tabloid headlines flashing every day these pictures are not even worth a second look. We are used to see stuff like this every day. Yesterday it was someone from the Big Brother House, today Kate Middleton's brother, tomorrow one of the Geldof girls. There is no difference anymore and I don't believe that anyone will think differently of Kate because of these pictures, nobody is bothered by what her brother does. I wouldn't be surprised if there are pictures that show William or Harry in similar positions as parts of their lives don't seem to be any different from the life of the ordinary british lad. Whether this is good for the monarchy or not is a different question. Regarding Kate, I think people judge her entirely on what they see from her and not on what her family does. Nobody is really interested in the Middletons, they are rather normal and can do what they want but these rules stopped applying to Kate herself when she started publicly dating Prince William.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:44 AM
Commoner

I think he's hilarious. That won't embarrass Kate. 21 year old blokes are not usualy known for their stoicism and maturity. What a cracker!

Ahh slow news days, you can't beat them.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meow......

{response to deleted post removed - Elspeth}
Old 08-31-2008, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

If nothing else, the photos show Kate is by far the least exuberant of the Middletons. She has shown an incredible level of retraint not to have any photos over the last five or six years in similar states.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

I guess Kate is just intelligent enough to understand that one shouldn't put any such pictures on facebook if there's media interest in you. Doesn't mean they don't exist but they'll not end up in the wrong hands as easily. James may simply have underestimated how far the press would go for a juicy story.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Well, it's not as half as bad as Prince Harry showing up in a Nazi-uniform anyway
Old 08-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Commoner

Something from The Sun...

Apparently Pippa's camera flashcard had been stolen. It contained personal pictures of Wills and Kate in Mustique.... and (drumroll) The Sun helped retrieve it without publishing the photos. Wow, someone wants to be in favor with the royals! But really, kudos to them for doing the right thing.

The Kate frame robbery | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, they did the right thing. I give credit where credit is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by putski View Post
Something from The Sun...

Apparently Pippa's camera flashcard had been stolen. It contained personal pictures of Wills and Kate in Mustique.... and (drumroll) The Sun helped retrieve it without publishing the photos. Wow, someone wants to be in favor with the royals! But really, kudos to them for doing the right thing.

The Kate frame robbery | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 08-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness

Actually, I don't think The Sun has a choice in the matter: printing the photos will probably be considered a crime since the items were product of a theft. If you read the article closely, The Sun did the best to discribe the photos in details. I'm sure they are skirting the letter of the law in the discriptions. If they were truly doing the right thing, they would have the police take over the undercover operation instead of sending their own paps to view the photos first.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Nobility

Well said Putski!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I know this is just purely selfish of me but I would have loved to seen those photos, I think it's cause we never see them being very intimate.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Nobility

I'm just as selfish as you've called yourself ghost_night554. I want to see those photos too! I'm glad they were able to apprehend the thieves and get Pippa's camera back to her, but I also wish we had been able to see those photos of William and Catherine.

It's a dilemma for sure, wanting to be sensitive to the overblown media exposure William and Catherine have to continually experience, and wanting to satisfy my personal curiosity to see them being warmer towards one another in public than we usually get to see.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've deleted and edited a few posts about the Daily Mail article. Could I just remind everyone about this rule:
  • Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
I understand that in this case the other forum is itself part of the story, but I think we can do without some of the name-calling that was going on.

Thanks for understanding.

Elspeth
for the British Royals moderation team

Tags
prince william