Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing CasiraghiTrio, I don't pay that much to read about her. I avoid those magazines, I will buy the ones with William and Harry or other members of the royal family, but not Kate.

Not me, all I read about Kate Middleton is online in the British newspapers I would never buy anything to read about her. I have a subscription to Point de Vue and occasionally I see a Hello with something interesting in it but it is mainly to do the crossword and lately that is about the only item of interest in Point de Vue, a wonderfully big crossword that lasts me for ages.

With Kate its one drama after another...no wonder it's been reported that HM sees her as a bit of a show off.

I don't think this is going to end well for the Middleton's and Kate should take the hint and move on, nothing is going to come of it with William from what I can see of this shambolic relationship of theirs.

How clear can William be he is not ready for marriage.

Also given Charles's ego I bet he is really pleased to see someone steal his thunder with headlines in Hello.

:lol: poor old Chucks not the centre of attention ever... How DARE the pretty young thing make headlines even when she hasn't been pictured in months, never talked to a journalist and just goes about her daily life in the English province...

From what I can say - I live in London - there is a minority who think Kate Middleton can do no wrong and come up with hypocritical praise (like Hello stories) and another minority who think Kate can do no right and come up with bashing (like Daily Mail stories). IMO the vast majority of people is either bored by the neverending waiting stories, the excesses of the young royals - what somehow applies to Kate too although she is not royal yet - or doesn't care at all. Kate does not excite people one bit and brings along rather a downswing for the image of the monarchy than a boost.

That makes sense to me. So little of Kate's personality has ever been revealed that it makes sense most people would neither love her nor hate her.

Nobody is quoted but the whole thing is like a big promotion story of the Middleton sisters (Kate - don't forget that she is still William's girl and Pippa - watch out for the new It-girl) that has to come from somewhere.

From what I can say - I live in London - there is a minority who think Kate Middleton can do no wrong and come up with hypocritical praise (like Hello stories) and another minority who think Kate can do no right and come up with bashing (like Daily Mail stories).

From what I'm reading about the Hello! story, it does seem that maybe there's no source at all - that they're just patchworking together stories from various other sources to make an "exclusive" in an effort to sell magazines. It doesn't seem like there's any new news there.

I do wonder if Hello! is trying deliberately to set themselves up as an opposite to the Daily Mail and other papers and magazines who are so negative about Kate. Perhaps they're wagering that, if they keep the positive press going, Kate would be friendlier to them later if she does end up engaged to William? (Or, would be willing to grant them an interview if the pair does end up breaking up for good at some point?)

I will reserve judgment until I have read the article and know whether any member of the Middleton family spoke to the magazine. If they didn't, they should not be criticised for it.

I will, however, and perhaps somewhat cattily, say that I am surprised to learn that Pippa is only 23. She looks older to me, and has a look that suggests she has spent a lot of time partying and/or lying in the sun. Which is completely irrelevant, I know, and catty, but...........

:catmoon:

ETA Maybe she is older. I recall reading yesterday in an article, about Helicoptergate I think, that William is 23.

Last edited:
ETA Maybe she is older. I recall reading yesterday in an article, about Helicoptergate I think, that William is 23.

I'm pretty sure that both William and Kate are 26. ThePeerage.com states that Pippa was born in 1983, which means she'd be about 24-25.

Kate and Pippa look older than their years because of too much sun, and Kate smoked or still does.

How clear can William be he is not ready for marriage..
This is a very dramatic statement. Is it true that he cannot be clear unless he is "ready" for marriage? I am only asking, not judging. Maybe this your opinion and your thoughts are your business. I just find it striking and curious.
Is marriage the destination, as it were, for which we must be "ready" if we are to be "clear" on things? Is this an accurate statement, or possible a dramatized one? Either way, I don't understand how we can know whether or not he is "ready" for something of which he never comments publicly.

Since we've reached 25 pages and seem to have strayed off the topic of current events, it's time for a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom