The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I was shocked at the photo of them in the car with no seat belts fastened ( the final one in the series from the Daily Mail entitled "Tight Squeeze. ") Surely William of all people has learned the necessity of seat belt use.
The car does not appear to be moving, they merely seem to be getting into the car - so I guess it is prior to seatbelt time

Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Nobility

God bless our british press..they are a drama queen!!!..poor william is just trying to get into the car but i guess our press wouldnt be so great if they didnt make a big deal out of everything!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The car does not appear to be moving, they merely seem to be getting into the car - so I guess it is prior to seatbelt time
I hope you are right but most people buckle up as soon as they are seated, prior to moving.

Luv2Cruise, I too would LOVE a major Fall announcement.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Serene Highness

Vote for Kate Middleton!

http://www.hola.com/votaciones-seman...eriodo=semanal
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yeah...right in the middle of the top of his head. I dont' care; I think that William's gorgeous anyway.
Perhaps we could call it a very wide parting.
I don´t think he´s gorgeous but he should wear his navy uniform more often.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Administrator

I've moved the ongoing discussion of Kate Middleton and the paparazzi to the Harry, Wills & girlfriends and the press thread.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The old "Kate get a job" story is back - various sources claim that HM is worried about Kate's workshy image and wants her to do something about it:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1048599/And-DO-Queen-wants-Kate-Middleton-charity-job-counter-claims-workshy.html

"Waity Katies" image is clearly not what royal watchers have in mind for William's future bride - many people think she's lazy etc and unless she does something to prove otherwise the stigma will stick.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Commoner

It's Katie Nicholl and her lack of legitimate royal scoop that's fueling these stories. So instead she tends to latch on her old jobless stories (can't even remember Party Pieces correctly), her partying stories (has Kate been seen out that many times... really?), her shopping stories (when was the last time she was snapped shopping?), her Clarence House gym story (eh.. Kate has spent more time in Berkshire recently) and her free clothes story (never been proven). I don't think the inner circle of the RF are in fact against Kate. Otherwise she would have done something a long time ago. The sad part is the media's influence on the people. Hopefully they learn to filter what they read.

As for Katie Nicholl, I think her royal sources have dried up as shown in her many false predictions as of late, so she has to resort to juicy nonsense to sell papers.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Royal Highness

I'm starting to think Ms Katie Nicholl wishes she is the Kate in Williams life. I have never seen this many rehashed innuendos given as facts since the months following Diana's death. She is totally talking out of both sides of her mouth. On one hand, Kate Middleton is portrayed as irresponsible and free loading, then the last few sentences make it look like Clarence House is responsible for her turning down work. So which side is true? Ms Nicholl failed to investigate who at CH dared to defy the Queen and gave Ms Middleton bad advise.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

I found that contradiction as well. So the Queen wants Kate to work but CH tells her not to? Also if Kate is going to get engaged around Christmas like the article claims why should she start a job now? Isn't it a little too late for that? Who'd employ her for merely 4 or 5 moonths and what would that change?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Nobility

I ignore all of the trash that is written about Kate and her employment status. It's vicious gossip most likely floated by a combination of sources: (1) vicious courtiers; (2) duplicitous personal acquaintances who have axes to grind; and (3) psychotic Kate Hate posters from the Kate hater web chat forums who get some sort of sick thrill of relevance by emailing hacked Facebook pictures to lazy tabloid HACKS desperate to fill columns and meet deadlines.

I dismiss all of it as nonsense. I believe Kate and William do as well, which is why we continue to see photographs of them enjoying themselves, either on vacation or for a night out. Neither of them has anything to apologize for.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Article about a charity roller disco Kate is helping organise: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article17027.ece

Event site: http://rollerdisco.org/
Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Nicholl can't even remember "Party Pieces"? Good grief.

I'm with you, Luv2Cruise. We've heard William and Harry being dismissive of the tabloids in interviews. I'm pretty sure by this point they've learned not to bother with it too much.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

The funny part about this is the reaction of the DM readers who think Kate is just some throne sitter wannabe who would do anything to bag a prince. Well, if she would do anything, wouldn't she have 3 or 4 jobs at once if the Queen unequivocally stated that she needed to get a job to get the ring? What nonsense.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Absolutely Kimebear and Ella Kay.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Article about a charity roller disco Kate is helping organise: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article17027.ece

Event site: http://rollerdisco.org/
Interesting that she's listed as Catherine Middleton on the charity website. Will the name controversies rise up again?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I think that actually makes sence. On a website like that they would use her official name.

Josette
Old 08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
It looks like William will be going bald in the front also. I was hopeing it would be just like Charles just in the back because when me go bald in the front they look much older just like Edward.
Sorry for the delay , I've been away for a bit. He's going bald in front too are you serious? I can deal with the look Charles has but not completely bald,I know I'm not William so I shouldn't care but I guess it bothers me cause to me he's still pretty young. Anyways back on topic sorry for changing the convo like that.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
I ignore all of the trash that is written about Kate and her employment status. It's vicious gossip most likely floated by a combination of sources: (1) vicious courtiers; (2) duplicitous personal acquaintances who have axes to grind; and (3) psychotic Kate Hate posters from the Kate hater web chat forums who get some sort of sick thrill of relevance by emailing hacked Facebook pictures to lazy tabloid HACKS desperate to fill columns and meet deadlines.

I dismiss all of it as nonsense. I believe Kate and William do as well, which is why we continue to see photographs of them enjoying themselves, either on vacation or for a night out. Neither of them has anything to apologize for.
I totally agree, it's non-news but it's fun to talk about.

The thing is if she doesn't, indeed, have a job, so what?! She's not public property yet. Who knows in a couple of months she might turn around to William and say "sorry I've met this guy named Fabio, he's an Italian shipping magnate and I'm eloping with him this Thursady, we'll always have Paris, see ya" End of story.

Also there are a lot of lovely young things in London, rich daddy's, an expensive education, who are all shopping, clubbing, having a good time and looking for a rich husband and none of them have a nine-to-five. The only difference is the multi-millionaire Kate's dating is the heir to the throne. But she's not the only rich girl in London doing this. No one's complaining that Holly Branson or Ivanka Trump have gone to work for their Dads' so how can anyone complain about Kate working for her parents?

Besides I don't ever think the Queen would call up Kate and say "Alright Darlin' don't be lazy get a job." If there has been any mention of Kate getting a nine-to-five it would have been from pushy Courtiers gently suggesting that maybe Kate should consider finding a more productive way to spend her time.

As far as I can see Kate's done nothing that would suggest she's going to bring the monarchy to it's knees if William married her tomorrow. So hell, she should go for it. If you can't go clubbing when you're 20, when can you?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Welcome Felicity. I really liked your message - it's about time someone defended Catherine's meagre trials at having fun on being young, when we all got the feeling she has curbed her real self already because of who she's dating. Sometimes I wish she would snatch up a Fabio or another guy like the ones in a Mills&Boon and live happily ever after with him somewhere else where nobody would bother to comment on the way she spends her days but as it is, she seems to be loving William and for that sacrifice alone we should have as much understanding for her as you showed.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william