Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ignore all of the trash that is written about Kate and her employment status. It's vicious gossip most likely floated by a combination of sources: (1) vicious courtiers; (2) duplicitous personal acquaintances who have axes to grind; and (3) psychotic Kate Hate posters from the Kate hater web chat forums who get some sort of sick thrill of relevance by emailing hacked Facebook pictures to lazy tabloid HACKS desperate to fill columns and meet deadlines.

I dismiss all of it as nonsense. I believe Kate and William do as well, which is why we continue to see photographs of them enjoying themselves, either on vacation or for a night out. Neither of them has anything to apologize for.:)

Nicholl can't even remember "Party Pieces"? Good grief.

I'm with you, Luv2Cruise. We've heard William and Harry being dismissive of the tabloids in interviews. I'm pretty sure by this point they've learned not to bother with it too much.

The funny part about this is the reaction of the DM readers who think Kate is just some throne sitter wannabe who would do anything to bag a prince. Well, if she would do anything, wouldn't she have 3 or 4 jobs at once if the Queen unequivocally stated that she needed to get a job to get the ring? What nonsense.

I think that actually makes sence. On a website like that they would use her official name.

Josette

It looks like William will be going bald in the front also. I was hopeing it would be just like Charles just in the back because when me go bald in the front they look much older just like Edward.
Sorry for the delay , I've been away for a bit. He's going bald in front too are you serious? I can deal with the look Charles has but not completely bald,I know I'm not William so I shouldn't care but I guess it bothers me cause to me he's still pretty young. Anyways back on topic sorry for changing the convo like that.

I ignore all of the trash that is written about Kate and her employment status. It's vicious gossip most likely floated by a combination of sources: (1) vicious courtiers; (2) duplicitous personal acquaintances who have axes to grind; and (3) psychotic Kate Hate posters from the Kate hater web chat forums who get some sort of sick thrill of relevance by emailing hacked Facebook pictures to lazy tabloid HACKS desperate to fill columns and meet deadlines.

I dismiss all of it as nonsense. I believe Kate and William do as well, which is why we continue to see photographs of them enjoying themselves, either on vacation or for a night out. Neither of them has anything to apologize for.:)

I totally agree, it's non-news but it's fun to talk about. :whistling:

The thing is if she doesn't, indeed, have a job, so what?! She's not public property yet. Who knows in a couple of months she might turn around to William and say "sorry I've met this guy named Fabio, he's an Italian shipping magnate and I'm eloping with him this Thursady, we'll always have Paris, see ya" End of story.

Also there are a lot of lovely young things in London, rich daddy's, an expensive education, who are all shopping, clubbing, having a good time and looking for a rich husband and none of them have a nine-to-five. The only difference is the multi-millionaire Kate's dating is the heir to the throne. But she's not the only rich girl in London doing this. No one's complaining that Holly Branson or Ivanka Trump have gone to work for their Dads' so how can anyone complain about Kate working for her parents?

Besides I don't ever think the Queen would call up Kate and say "Alright Darlin' don't be lazy get a job." If there has been any mention of Kate getting a nine-to-five it would have been from pushy Courtiers gently suggesting that maybe Kate should consider finding a more productive way to spend her time.

As far as I can see Kate's done nothing that would suggest she's going to bring the monarchy to it's knees if William married her tomorrow. So hell, she should go for it. If you can't go clubbing when you're 20, when can you? :cool:

Welcome Felicity.:flowers: I really liked your message - it's about time someone defended Catherine's meagre trials at having fun on being young, when we all got the feeling she has curbed her real self already because of who she's dating. Sometimes I wish she would snatch up a Fabio or another guy like the ones in a Mills&Boon and live happily ever after with him somewhere else where nobody would bother to comment on the way she spends her days but as it is, she seems to be loving William and for that sacrifice alone we should have as much understanding for her as you showed. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jo, thanks for the welcome! Although I think I might just keep Fabio to myself ;)

Just another smear campaign by the Daily Mail on a slow news day. They can't get any dirt on Kate herself, so its off to the family members. At this rate, William would be lucky to have any girl and her family take him on.

Big deal. Looks like the usual little brother antics to me. I'm not impressed. My brother did the same kind of stuff when he was younger. I don't see how what he does affects Kate's future in the royal family. Meh.

Now this makes me laugh, i don't know what to make of it really.

Photos of the youngest Middleton that are sure to embarrass Kate! | Mail Online

Well good for you to find humor in it, because I just find it very upsetting. How horrible it must be for the Middletons to have their family ridiculed publicly... and from very biased internet sources no less. If they have no stories to tell and need to lift some content online, why not lift from more mature internet sites such as this?

Just goes to show that the Mail has officially run out of things to write. It's so disgusting that their "journalists" have resorted to reprinting forum postings in their articles -- and that they've decided not only to go after Kate but also her family. I'll bet Prince William's going to be ticked.

So, is this "Nathan Kay" who "wrote"/copy-and-pasted that article related to Richard Kay?

those photos are so funny. people are so desperate to find something really bad about her that they had to look at her brother.

For people who live in the UK and see the tabloid headlines flashing every day these pictures are not even worth a second look. We are used to see stuff like this every day. Yesterday it was someone from the Big Brother House, today Kate Middleton's brother, tomorrow one of the Geldof girls. There is no difference anymore and I don't believe that anyone will think differently of Kate because of these pictures, nobody is bothered by what her brother does. I wouldn't be surprised if there are pictures that show William or Harry in similar positions as parts of their lives don't seem to be any different from the life of the ordinary british lad. Whether this is good for the monarchy or not is a different question. Regarding Kate, I think people judge her entirely on what they see from her and not on what her family does. Nobody is really interested in the Middletons, they are rather normal and can do what they want but these rules stopped applying to Kate herself when she started publicly dating Prince William.

I think he's hilarious. That won't embarrass Kate. 21 year old blokes are not usualy known for their stoicism and maturity. What a cracker!

Ahh slow news days, you can't beat them.

If nothing else, the photos show Kate is by far the least exuberant of the Middletons. She has shown an incredible level of retraint not to have any photos over the last five or six years in similar states.

I guess Kate is just intelligent enough to understand that one shouldn't put any such pictures on facebook if there's media interest in you. Doesn't mean they don't exist but they'll not end up in the wrong hands as easily. James may simply have underestimated how far the press would go for a juicy story.

Well, it's not as half as bad as Prince Harry showing up in a Nazi-uniform anyway:whistling:

Something from The Sun...

Apparently Pippa's camera flashcard had been stolen. It contained personal pictures of Wills and Kate in Mustique.... and (drumroll) The Sun helped retrieve it without publishing the photos. Wow, someone wants to be in favor with the royals! But really, kudos to them for doing the right thing.

The Kate frame robbery | The Sun |News|Royals

Yes, they did the right thing. I give credit where credit is due.:)

Something from The Sun...

Apparently Pippa's camera flashcard had been stolen. It contained personal pictures of Wills and Kate in Mustique.... and (drumroll) The Sun helped retrieve it without publishing the photos. Wow, someone wants to be in favor with the royals! But really, kudos to them for doing the right thing.

The Kate frame robbery | The Sun |News|Royals

Actually, I don't think The Sun has a choice in the matter: printing the photos will probably be considered a crime since the items were product of a theft. If you read the article closely, The Sun did the best to discribe the photos in details. I'm sure they are skirting the letter of the law in the discriptions. If they were truly doing the right thing, they would have the police take over the undercover operation instead of sending their own paps to view the photos first.

I know this is just purely selfish of me but I would have loved to seen those photos, I think it's cause we never see them being very intimate.

I'm just as selfish as you've called yourself ghost_night554. I want to see those photos too! I'm glad they were able to apprehend the thieves and get Pippa's camera back to her, but I also wish we had been able to see those photos of William and Catherine. :lol:

It's a dilemma for sure, wanting to be sensitive to the overblown media exposure William and Catherine have to continually experience, and wanting to satisfy my personal curiosity to see them being warmer towards one another in public than we usually get to see.

I've deleted and edited a few posts about the Daily Mail article. Could I just remind everyone about this rule:

• Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
I understand that in this case the other forum is itself part of the story, but I think we can do without some of the name-calling that was going on.

Thanks for understanding.

Elspeth
for the British Royals moderation team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom