The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 10-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
i can't see where he's doing anything wrong. in the pic where he's speaking to ms. aguilera, there's nothing to suggest that he's doing anything other than having a conversation and as for the pic with ms. hilton, he couldn't look less interested in her if he tried. as for staggering, i don't see anywhere that he's staggering. remember where these stories are appearing...while these papers are fun to read they can hardly be taken as a serious source of information. for those us on the board that are from north america...these papers are the same as the enquirer or the star...need i say more?
__________________

__________________
Duchess
  #362  
Old 10-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
I think it has been made clear that no one her thinks that phoning while driving without a headset is the best thing you can do. We all agree that it's dangerous, in some countries illegal and should be best avoided. Where's the sense of discussing that topic again and again other than to repeat accussations against a young lady who has a right to be judged innocent till her guilt has been established by police or court.
I think the words I want to emphasize are not the ones you put. They were.

"I will wait and see if the police say anything about this case but if she was using her phone and driving, I hope that her being the girlfriend of Prince William will not be taken into account."

Actually this subject has really been done to death but what worries me is not Miss Middleton being caught out or not, it is the number of people who think it is not a big deal, everyone has done it, she was not to blame even if she was doing it because the photographer was comitting a crime.
I donīt whether she did it or not, no one was hurt thank goodness so that is wonderful, but it is strange how many people think that it was nothing.
__________________

  #363  
Old 10-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post

Actually this subject has really been done to death but what worries me is not Miss Middleton being caught out or not, it is the number of people who think it is not a big deal, everyone has done it, she was not to blame even if she was doing it because the photographer was comitting a crime.
I donīt whether she did it or not, no one was hurt thank goodness so that is wonderful, but it is strange how many people think that it was nothing.
Now I understand your reasoning . I think the headlines and the way jail-terms have been brought into this context were the reasons why a lot of posters pointed out that it was a rather common offense, so Catherine should not be treated so harshly in the media. I believe that anyone with a driving license here understands the reason for these laws but still most of us have experienced situation where we trespassed on these laws none-the-less.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #364  
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Other posters, yourself included, have insinuated in previous posts that because lots of people drivce and talk on their mobiles at the same time it's not such a big deal.
As already stated, thee and me have trouble understanding the others posts, further evidence of this being this.

At no point have I, nor do I believe using a mobile or any device whilst driving is acceptable behaviour. My main point regarding Kate, is that we have no evidence to date that her car was in fact moving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I donīt whether she did it or not, no one was hurt thank goodness so that is wonderful, but it is strange how many people think that it was nothing.
Unless it is proven that she was in fact 'driving, rather than just sitting in her car taking/making a call, as many law abiding citizens do, then it was nothing. A headline to cause trouble is what it appears to be!
  #365  
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
As already stated, thee and me have trouble understanding the others posts, further evidence of this being this

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue
I donīt whether she did it or not, no one was hurt thank goodness so that is wonderful, but it is strange how many people think that it was nothing.


Unless it is proven that she was in fact 'driving, rather than just sitting in her car taking/making a call, as many law abiding citizens do, then it was nothing. A headline to cause trouble is what it appears to be!


We are also having a little trouble understanding each other Sky, the "nothing" I was referring to is the use of mobiles while driving - not to do with Kate in this case although on a thread dealing with this subject, as I said we donīt know if she did or not. The point I am emphasizing is that it is an extremely dangerous thing to do whoever does it. I was just surprised that so many people seem to be saying it was a trivial offense.
  #366  
Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,332
Not to speak for everyone...but I believe that the majority do understand the seriousness and the danger of driving on the phone but there concerns are 1) is she in fact driving or is the car standing still 2) is she on a private driveway or country road (how do we know that as soon as soon as she got on the road she put the phone down) 3) why is Catherine being photographed in the country --- again the photographer just happened to be in town and caught her by accident and sold the pictures to the tabloids and photo agencies -- I think not 4) Catherine is not the only person to do this why is she getting all of this attention 5) if this pictures lead to an offical investigation then yes it is trivial when you consider than funds could be used for more pressing matters (thank goodness an accident didn't occur) and FINALLY if she is guility, then just fine her give her the points and move on.

I mean goodness, the globaly economy is in the tanker...surely there are more important things to focus on. And yes, I realize the irony in this as I type the statement. It seems like the Catherine haters (and I am refering to a lot of people not anyone on the boards---mainly those who have commented on the press websites) are asking for the girls blood and for her to be shipped off to Siberia or something!
__________________
.

  #367  
Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 AM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
I don't think William is sending any message, just being polite. I highly doubt you'll suddenly see Paris Hilton and Christina in their posse...

It seems like the only out of control one lately is Eugenie, that girl is a hot mess in the making. And I'm starting to feel bad for Beatrice, they always get the worst pics of her...that eye...
  #368  
Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
We are also having a little trouble understanding each other Sky, the "nothing" I was referring to is the use of mobiles while driving - not to do with Kate in this case although on a thread dealing with this subject, as I said we donīt know if she did or not. The point I am emphasizing is that it is an extremely dangerous thing to do whoever does it. I was just surprised that so many people seem to be saying it was a trivial offense.
I think Jo of Palantine answers this point better than I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I think the headlines and the way jail-terms have been brought into this context were the reasons why a lot of posters pointed out that it was a rather common offense, so Catherine should not be treated so harshly in the media. I believe that anyone with a driving license here understands the reason for these laws but still most of us have experienced situation where we trespassed on these laws none-the-less.
So, I think we can all agree, it's wrong except in exceptional circumstances.
  #369  
Old 10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Not to speak for everyone...but I believe that the majority do understand the seriousness and the danger of driving on the phone but there concerns are 1) is she in fact driving or is the car standing still 2) is she on a private driveway or country road (how do we know that as soon as soon as she got on the road she put the phone down) 3) why is Catherine being photographed in the country --- again the photographer just happened to be in town and caught her by accident and sold the pictures to the tabloids and photo agencies -- I think not 4) Catherine is not the only person to do this why is she getting all of this attention 5) if this pictures lead to an offical investigation then yes it is trivial when you consider than funds could be used for more pressing matters (thank goodness an accident didn't occur) and FINALLY if she is guilty, then just fine her give her the points and move on.
You can certainly speak for me on this occasion!
  #370  
Old 10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Right all agreed.
  #371  
Old 10-17-2008, 12:53 PM
avrilo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico city, Mexico
Posts: 680
Oh my... Well While I had a great laugh at Bea's picture, I don't find anything improper with the pictures. Where was Kate, anyway?. Isn't William supposed to be very busy with his new job and all that?.

I was thinking, gosh this is low of William, future king of England, partying with PAris Hilton, and then I said to my self. It could have been Amy Winehouse.... and I felt relieved haha
  #372  
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Oh my... Well While I had a great laugh at Bea's picture, I don't find anything improper with the pictures. Where was Kate, anyway?. Isn't William supposed to be very busy with his new job and all that?.

I was thinking, gosh this is low of William, future king of England, partying with PAris Hilton, and then I said to my self. It could have been Amy Winehouse.... and I felt relieved haha
I could not have said it better myself. If this was a goodbye party before the princes head out for the race why wasn't Kate invited?
BTW William is losing his hair at a very fast clip.........
  #373  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Did you know that King Henry VIII was considered a very handsome young prince?

That certainly makes you think.
  #374  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Oh my Menarue that does not sound too promising!!
Still if one forgets his position he is a very average looking man.
  #375  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arcadia, United States
Posts: 450
I thinkhe as been working pretty hard not word about doing any partying or anything with Kate or taking Army or RAF buddies at a restuarent and no pictures of him for 5.5 weeks since that weekend wedding in Austria.
  #376  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
I thinkhe as been working pretty hard not word about doing any partying or anything with Kate or taking Army or RAF buddies at a restuarent and no pictures of him for 5.5 weeks since that weekend wedding in Austria.
No pictures does not mean no news. German magazine Der SPIEGEL had an online article today that Paris Hilton was not able to convince either Prince Harry or Prince William of her qualitities. She tried, but both ignored her, Prince William who was talking to a blond girl even left the place in a hurry ... or so the magazine says

Doppelte Abfuhr: Paris Hilton blitzt bei Prinzen ab - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama
  #377  
Old 10-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
No pictures does not mean no news. German magazine Der SPIEGEL had an online article today that Paris Hilton was not able to convince either Prince Harry or Prince William of her qualitities. She tried, but both ignored her, Prince William who was talking to a blond girl even left the place in a hurry ... or so the magazine says

Doppelte Abfuhr: Paris Hilton blitzt bei Prinzen ab - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama
Unfortunately while DER SPIEGEL (the printed version) is a quite reliable and reknown news magazine, the editor of the "Panorama" - that's: entertainment-section of the online version was the society reporter of BILD before. So of course she'll look at the Mail for information....

Thank you for providing the link and greetings from the Ammersee to the Bodensee!
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #378  
Old 10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Posts: 199
That would be the Daily Mail take on the story...
  #379  
Old 10-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Unfortunately while DER SPIEGEL (the printed version) is a quite reliable and reknown news magazine, the editor of the "Panorama" - that's: entertainment-section of the online version was the society reporter of BILD before. So of course she'll look at the Mail for information....

Thank you for providing the link and greetings from the Ammersee to the Bodensee!
Dear me! And I used to be so trustful ... well, thanks, Jo, for this bit of information. In future I shall treat the Panorama section more carefully.

And thanks for the greeting, kind regards back to you
  #380  
Old 10-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Dear me! And I used to be so trustful ... well, thanks, Jo, for this bit of information. In future I shall treat the Panorama section more carefully.

And thanks for the greeting, kind regards back to you
I do have a subcription to the printed SPIEGEL but read the online version right from the beginning (they even published some article by me in the travel section) so when I read about this change of editor in a journalist newsletter, I started to read the Panorama-section very carefully in order to see if it shows - and it has done. Sadly so! It really ceased to be of interest to me.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 7: November 2008-October 2009 Elspeth Current Events Archive 489 11-01-2009 01:06 AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008 ghost_night554 Current Events Archive 386 08-15-2008 03:53 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 2: December 2007-January 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 200 01-05-2008 08:07 AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007 Charlotte1 Current Events Archive 673 12-02-2007 02:56 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail elisabeth fashion poll free hosting grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction member watch monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice hats princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prince sverre magnus queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises