Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't see where he's doing anything wrong. in the pic where he's speaking to ms. aguilera, there's nothing to suggest that he's doing anything other than having a conversation and as for the pic with ms. hilton, he couldn't look less interested in her if he tried. as for staggering, i don't see anywhere that he's staggering. remember where these stories are appearing...while these papers are fun to read they can hardly be taken as a serious source of information. for those us on the board that are from north america...these papers are the same as the enquirer or the star...need i say more?

Last edited:
Jo said:
I think it has been made clear that no one her thinks that phoning while driving without a headset is the best thing you can do. We all agree that it's dangerous, in some countries illegal and should be best avoided. Where's the sense of discussing that topic again and again other than to repeat accussations against a young lady who has a right to be judged innocent till her guilt has been established by police or court.
I think the words I want to emphasize are not the ones you put. They were.

"I will wait and see if the police say anything about this case but if she was using her phone and driving, I hope that her being the girlfriend of Prince William will not be taken into account."

Actually this subject has really been done to death but what worries me is not Miss Middleton being caught out or not, it is the number of people who think it is not a big deal, everyone has done it, she was not to blame even if she was doing it because the photographer was comitting a crime.
I don´t whether she did it or not, no one was hurt thank goodness so that is wonderful, but it is strange how many people think that it was nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually this subject has really been done to death but what worries me is not Miss Middleton being caught out or not, it is the number of people who think it is not a big deal, everyone has done it, she was not to blame even if she was doing it because the photographer was comitting a crime.
I don´t whether she did it or not, no one was hurt thank goodness so that is wonderful, but it is strange how many people think that it was nothing.

Now I understand your reasoning :flowers:. I think the headlines and the way jail-terms have been brought into this context were the reasons why a lot of posters pointed out that it was a rather common offense, so Catherine should not be treated so harshly in the media. I believe that anyone with a driving license here understands the reason for these laws but still most of us have experienced situation where we trespassed on these laws none-the-less.

Other posters, yourself included, have insinuated in previous posts that because lots of people drivce and talk on their mobiles at the same time it's not such a big deal.
As already stated, thee and me have trouble understanding the others posts, further evidence of this being this.

At no point have I, nor do I believe using a mobile or any device whilst driving is acceptable behaviour. My main point regarding Kate, is that we have no evidence to date that her car was in fact moving.
Unless it is proven that she was in fact 'driving, rather than just sitting in her car taking/making a call, as many law abiding citizens do, then it was nothing. A headline to cause trouble is what it appears to be!

As already stated, thee and me have trouble understanding the others posts, further evidence of this being this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue

Unless it is proven that she was in fact 'driving, rather than just sitting in her car taking/making a call, as many law abiding citizens do, then it was nothing. A headline to cause trouble is what it appears to be!

We are also having a little trouble understanding each other Sky, the "nothing" I was referring to is the use of mobiles while driving - not to do with Kate in this case although on a thread dealing with this subject, as I said we don´t know if she did or not. The point I am emphasizing is that it is an extremely dangerous thing to do whoever does it. I was just surprised that so many people seem to be saying it was a trivial offense.
:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to speak for everyone...but I believe that the majority do understand the seriousness and the danger of driving on the phone but there concerns are 1) is she in fact driving or is the car standing still 2) is she on a private driveway or country road (how do we know that as soon as soon as she got on the road she put the phone down) 3) why is Catherine being photographed in the country --- again the photographer just happened to be in town and caught her by accident and sold the pictures to the tabloids and photo agencies -- I think not 4) Catherine is not the only person to do this why is she getting all of this attention 5) if this pictures lead to an offical investigation then yes it is trivial when you consider than funds could be used for more pressing matters (thank goodness an accident didn't occur) and FINALLY if she is guility, then just fine her give her the points and move on.

I mean goodness, the globaly economy is in the tanker...surely there are more important things to focus on. And yes, I realize the irony in this as I type the statement. It seems like the Catherine haters (and I am refering to a lot of people not anyone on the boards---mainly those who have commented on the press websites) are asking for the girls blood and for her to be shipped off to Siberia or something!

Last edited:
I don't think William is sending any message, just being polite. I highly doubt you'll suddenly see Paris Hilton and Christina in their posse...

It seems like the only out of control one lately is Eugenie, that girl is a hot mess in the making. And I'm starting to feel bad for Beatrice, they always get the worst pics of her...that eye...

We are also having a little trouble understanding each other Sky, the "nothing" I was referring to is the use of mobiles while driving - not to do with Kate in this case although on a thread dealing with this subject, as I said we don´t know if she did or not. The point I am emphasizing is that it is an extremely dangerous thing to do whoever does it. I was just surprised that so many people seem to be saying it was a trivial offense.:flowers:
I think Jo of Palantine answers this point better than I. :flowers:
I think the headlines and the way jail-terms have been brought into this context were the reasons why a lot of posters pointed out that it was a rather common offense, so Catherine should not be treated so harshly in the media. I believe that anyone with a driving license here understands the reason for these laws but still most of us have experienced situation where we trespassed on these laws none-the-less.
So, I think we can all agree, it's wrong except in exceptional circumstances.:flowers:

Not to speak for everyone...but I believe that the majority do understand the seriousness and the danger of driving on the phone but there concerns are 1) is she in fact driving or is the car standing still 2) is she on a private driveway or country road (how do we know that as soon as soon as she got on the road she put the phone down) 3) why is Catherine being photographed in the country --- again the photographer just happened to be in town and caught her by accident and sold the pictures to the tabloids and photo agencies -- I think not 4) Catherine is not the only person to do this why is she getting all of this attention 5) if this pictures lead to an offical investigation then yes it is trivial when you consider than funds could be used for more pressing matters (thank goodness an accident didn't occur) and FINALLY if she is guilty, then just fine her give her the points and move on.
You can certainly speak for me on this occasion!:flowers:

Oh my... Well While I had a great laugh at Bea's picture, I don't find anything improper with the pictures. Where was Kate, anyway?. Isn't William supposed to be very busy with his new job and all that?.

I was thinking, gosh this is low of William, future king of England, partying with PAris Hilton, and then I said to my self. It could have been Amy Winehouse.... and I felt relieved haha

Oh my... Well While I had a great laugh at Bea's picture, I don't find anything improper with the pictures. Where was Kate, anyway?. Isn't William supposed to be very busy with his new job and all that?.

I was thinking, gosh this is low of William, future king of England, partying with PAris Hilton, and then I said to my self. It could have been Amy Winehouse.... and I felt relieved haha

I could not have said it better myself. If this was a goodbye party before the princes head out for the race why wasn't Kate invited?
BTW William is losing his hair at a very fast clip.........

Did you know that King Henry VIII was considered a very handsome young prince?

That certainly makes you think.

Oh my Menarue that does not sound too promising!!:flowers:
Still if one forgets his position he is a very average looking man.

I thinkhe as been working pretty hard not word about doing any partying or anything with Kate or taking Army or RAF buddies at a restuarent and no pictures of him for 5.5 weeks since that weekend wedding in Austria.

I thinkhe as been working pretty hard not word about doing any partying or anything with Kate or taking Army or RAF buddies at a restuarent and no pictures of him for 5.5 weeks since that weekend wedding in Austria.

No pictures does not mean no news. German magazine Der SPIEGEL had an online article today that Paris Hilton was not able to convince either Prince Harry or Prince William of her qualitities. She tried, but both ignored her, Prince William who was talking to a blond girl even left the place in a hurry ... or so the magazine says :eek:

Doppelte Abfuhr: Paris Hilton blitzt bei Prinzen ab - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama

No pictures does not mean no news. German magazine Der SPIEGEL had an online article today that Paris Hilton was not able to convince either Prince Harry or Prince William of her qualitities. She tried, but both ignored her, Prince William who was talking to a blond girl even left the place in a hurry ... or so the magazine says :eek:

Doppelte Abfuhr: Paris Hilton blitzt bei Prinzen ab - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama

Unfortunately while DER SPIEGEL (the printed version) is a quite reliable and reknown news magazine, the editor of the "Panorama" - that's: entertainment-section of the online version was the society reporter of BILD before. So of course she'll look at the Mail for information....:bang:

Thank you for providing the link and greetings from the Ammersee to the Bodensee!:flowers:

That would be the Daily Mail take on the story... ;)

Unfortunately while DER SPIEGEL (the printed version) is a quite reliable and reknown news magazine, the editor of the "Panorama" - that's: entertainment-section of the online version was the society reporter of BILD before. So of course she'll look at the Mail for information....:bang:

Thank you for providing the link and greetings from the Ammersee to the Bodensee!:flowers:

Dear me! And I used to be so trustful ... well, thanks, Jo, for this bit of information. In future I shall treat the Panorama section more carefully. :eek:

And thanks for the greeting, kind regards back to you :flowers:

Dear me! And I used to be so trustful ... well, thanks, Jo, for this bit of information. In future I shall treat the Panorama section more carefully. :eek:

And thanks for the greeting, kind regards back to you :flowers:

I do have a subcription to the printed SPIEGEL but read the online version right from the beginning (they even published some article by me in the travel section) so when I read about this change of editor in a journalist newsletter, I started to read the Panorama-section very carefully in order to see if it shows - and it has done. Sadly so! It really ceased to be of interest to me.

Poor Will is losing his hair in the front now too. At first it was just in the back. I can't believe in 2008 he can't find anything that will help him with his hair. When young men lose there hair in the front it makes them look older, just like Edward but when they lose it in the back they still look younger like Charles.

Unfortunately the going bald look has ruined many handsome heads. He ought to shave it off completely.

Are you saying the hairless heir????

Uggh....this is disgusting. Paris Hilton is such a low-life. Why would he want to hang out with someone who is so beneath him?! This makes me sad:ermm:.

It does seem strange, if the more sensational parts of the story are true. The phone-number-exchange parts even made the Telegraph! Of course, William might have given the girls a fake phone number.:ROFLMAO:

Uggh....this is disgusting. Paris Hilton is such a low-life. Why would he want to hang out with someone who is so beneath him?! This makes me sad:ermm:.

Fake phone number? Perhaps.
He is a young man and that answers a lot of questions.

Well Prince Michael of Kent spend some time chatting to Paris, too as did Fergie, Bea and Eugenie. So I guess she is not persona non grata among the royals.
Paris finally finds her Prince after being snubbed by Wills and Harry... but alas, he's no spring chicken | Mail Online
I personally do not believe the phone number exchanging thing, it originates from the Daily Star after all and that other papers chose to repeat this story doesn't make it anymore likely to be true. The Daily Star has many "quotes" from their supposed conversation and it seems virtually impossible to me that in a crowded club with loud music sounding from the boxes anyone would have been able to follow William around and overhear his conversation even less so since he was reportedly in the VIP lounge...
If at all it may be possible that Paris gave William her number but I cannot imagine that he gives his out lightly especially not since Paris is known for "losing" her mobile or have it hacked...

I hope the flirting between William and Christina was innocent and harmless. After all, Christina was with her husband, and it appears all is well with them.

At the same time, this is like right before William broke up with Kate in 2007. He was partying with other girls, there were rumors of a rift between Wills and Kate. I just hope there won't be any stories of William taking girls back to his barracks or posing for pics while grabbing a girl's breast! If it is over for Wills and Kate like the tabloids so insist, I hope William acts mature this time.

I don't think that the woman in this picture is Paris Hilton. :flowers:

Well Prince Michael of Kent spend some time chatting to Paris, too as did Fergie, Bea and Eugenie. So I guess she is not persona non grata among the royals.
Paris finally finds her Prince after being snubbed by Wills and Harry... but alas, he's no spring chicken | Mail Online
I personally do not believe the phone number exchanging thing, it originates from the Daily Star after all and that other papers chose to repeat this story doesn't make it anymore likely to be true. The Daily Star has many "quotes" from their supposed conversation and it seems virtually impossible to me that in a crowded club with loud music sounding from the boxes anyone would have been able to follow William around and overhear his conversation even less so since he was reportedly in the VIP lounge...
If at all it may be possible that Paris gave William her number but I cannot imagine that he gives his out lightly especially not since Paris is known for "losing" her mobile or have it hacked...

I highly doubt anything went on with William, Paris and Christina. Christina is married and has a child, and they seem very happy, as for Paris I doubt it she doesn't seem to be William type, I think more or less William was probably just being friendly, I really don't beleive the whole he was flirting giving out his number thing, I tend to not beleive the tabloids for most things. I also have to add how in the world did they catch every single world they said it's a club with loud music it's like almost impossible since I noticed th story was so detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom