Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Abaca Press
Prince William and Prince Harry play in a polo match, watched by their girlfriends Kate Middleton and Chelsy Davy at Coworth Park near Windsor, UK on May 4, 2008
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Re the article in the D...y Mail about Catherine and a job:

if she really did these pics that were shown on the homepage of Party Pieces, then she is quite good at what she does - the pics transport the right feeling for the products her parents are selling.

As for the queen wanting her to have a proper job: come on! The queen has seen her cousin and her brother-in-law making a career of photography and I seriously doubt that she doesn't consider this to be a worthwhile artistically profession. If Catherine really did these pics, then she knows quite a bit about the topic and should be taken seriously, even if she does it so far (in the public's knowledge) for her own family. That doesn't mean that Party Pieces does not have the same professional needs as their competitors!

If you scroll down at this page, you could see several pictures of Kate, Chelsey and Harry at Peter and Autumm's wedding reception.

Royalement Vôtre

If you could not open it, just copy this site and past to your web search then enter. I hope this link work.

I wonder if these allegations that Queen Elizabeth really pushes the idea to Kate that work is a necessity. I think as being inclined to the throne, along the way, she has had to deal with coming to expectations granted as the heir apparent. I think by now her understanding is much more well regarded and maybe expectations shouldn't be imposed. Yes she is filling big shoes, if I may, but by now she should know what exactly she would want to do in the meantime. She has a wealth of resources for knowledge and whatever she does will probably be good. Personally I hope she doesn't grow dull from over work. I'd try to stay healthy and youthful and do only what doesn't burden someone I guess.

Good points Jo and I would add that working for parents is normally harder than working for an ordinary company. Why does it matter to the Mail where she works

I do find it hard to believe that anyone would take the Daily Mail's word for it that HM has spoken out about this! :whistling:

Can anyone show me an article that proves HM has ever let her thoughts or opinions be known on such trivia? Can any of us see HM having an in depth conversation with anyone other than 100% trusted staff, can we really believe that she had a casual chat with a servant about Catherine or is this yet another attempt by the Daily Mail to blacken Catherines' name and character?

IF a servant has repeated confidential information, which I doubt, let us hope that he/she is hunted out and dismissed.

I agree Skydragon the Queen has never as far as I know has let her opinions when it comes to her family be known to the public.

I think personally that the DM is having a dig at Kate for being seen to be doing nothing in her life, because a lot of the public do see her as doing nothing.

At this point I'm thinking it would be impossible for William to find anyone to marry who didn't attract negative press without keeping her concealed in the Fortress of Solitude. The press seems to be getting more and more vicious about all of its victims as time goes by.

The Queen didn't say anything but had Katie Nicholls written that she thinks Kate should get a job noone would have given a damn. Such an article doesn't sell papers.
If Kate should indeed marry into the Royal Family it will be her life after the wedding that will count. If she manages 500 engagements per year noone will give a damn anymore about her supposed lack of work ethic before the marriage. And if she doesn't live up to the example set by HM and Princess Anne, she'll never become Queen anyways since the British monarchy will probably have been abolished by then. :D

if she really did these pics that were shown on the homepage of Party Pieces, then she is quite good at what she does - the pics transport the right feeling for the products her parents are selling.

As for the queen wanting her to have a proper job: come on! The queen has seen her cousin and her brother-in-law making a career of photography and I seriously doubt that she doesn't consider this to be a worthwhile artistically profession. If Catherine really did these pics, then she knows quite a bit about the topic and should be taken seriously, even if she does it so far (in the public's knowledge) for her own family. That doesn't mean that Party Pieces does not have the same professional needs as their competitors!

on the contrary, photography is an extremely worthwhile profession no matter how you look at it. i've worked in the photography industry for years and while it's tough going free lance, if you can establish yourself there's money to be made. as for catherine's talent, whoever took the pics of the party pieces isn't necessarily able to photograph people or nature or anything else as well as they photograph product. but i've wondered lately, even she did want a career as a photographer, why would she quit her job at jigsaw? the wise thing to do would be to stay with a steady job until you're established and making a living at it.

What a cask of muck! If the reporter of the Mail really thinks that doing a monthly job at Testino's studio would make her photographic work more of a "real" career, she is just plain stupid, IMHO. In my opinion hwat they try to do is forcing Catherine to do something, no matter what, so they can report about it while William is away - and to show Catherine that they have power about her and her public perception. I hope that Catherine is strong-willed enough not to fall for it, but OTOH I would be happy if she used her Royal connections to get precious time in learning from other photographers.

And if she marries William, I have no doubt there are numerous "career chances" on working with the Royal Collections for a HRH who is Master of History of Art...;)

This nonsense in the DM that the Queen is insisting on Kate getting a job as a pre-requisite to marrying William is just ridiculous. She would certainly say no such thing. If they marry, it will only be in the next few years. Kate's only job then will be as a working royal. If they have come to an understanding, she doesn't need a career. If they have not by now, then she should do it for herself, not for William nor the Queen.

I would like to see them marry, but I have no high opinion of Williams regard for her since I saw the video of them at the ceremony when he received his wings.

i think probably the Daily Mail are voicing the opinion of some British people who would like to see Kate settled into a job (i dont call working for your parenst very hard) her job at Jigsaw was in a a way ideal as she was seen to be working and earning money and during that period there was less criticism of her so it was a bad move to give that job up

A 4 page spread on William in Hello this week and his entering the Navy.

Also really interesting article 12 questions on the possible engagement/marriage. Suggested dates linked into family engagments in June/July of 2009/2010. Church suggestions/Martial home/What happens to kate once engaged. Interesting take not the normal boring ooo they are getting engaged.

thanks for the link Princessof Europe. the photos are good but nothing spectacular - they're just catalogue shots. if she wants a career in photography she'll need to build an impressive portfolio, if she hasn't already done that. most photographers find their "niche" i.e. fashion, wedding, children, pets, product, nature, etc. i hope she does well if this is what she really wants to do.

tthe photos are good but nothing spectacular - they're just catalogue shots. if she wants a career in photography she'll need to build an impressive portfolio, if she hasn't already done that.

At the moment, the pics show that she at least has a certain talent and some knowledge. I have no doubt that once she is engaged or married to William the whole world is queuing to be fotographed by the future queen of the Uk, so the portfolio will come in time as will her fame based on the fact that she has talent and is learning more and more on working in that field.

And if she decides not to get married to William or isn't ever asked, there is at least a base from which to build a career.

Just think of queen Margrethe of Denmark who never had a "career" as an artist herself but is reknown for her talent and knowledge. Same could be the outcome here: HRH The Princess William as an acknowledged artist without the need to make money from her art. Or Ms. Middleton as an acknowledged artist, living from funds she either inherits or earns.

Last edited:
i think probably the Daily Mail are voicing the opinion of some British people who would like to see Kate settled into a job (i dont call working for your parenst very hard) her job at Jigsaw was in a a way ideal as she was seen to be working and earning money and during that period there was less criticism of her so it was a bad move to give that job up
The Mail is simply trying to stir up a storm and sell papers. Working for your parents can, I am told, be so much harder than working for another company. Parents invariably have higher expectations of you!:D

Last edited:
At the moment, the pics show that she at least has a certain talent and some knowledge. I have no doubt that once she is engaged or married to William the whole world is queuing to be fotographed by the future queen of the Uk, so the portfolio will come in time as will her fame based on the fact that she has talent and is learning more and more on working in that field.

And if she decides not to get married to William or isn't ever asked, there is at least a base from which to build a career.

Just think of queen Margrethe of Denmark who never had a "career" as an artist herself but is reknown for her talent and knowledge. Same could be the outcome here: HRH The Princess William as an acknowledged artist without the need to make money from her art. Or Ms. Middleton as an acknowledged artist, living from funds she either inherits or earns.

i understand where you're coming from and i agree...if they were to get engaged, and she did try have a career as a photographer she certainly wouldn't have any problem finding people to pose for her. "art" is a very personal thing so for me, the party site pics are so simple, any child could have taken them and done an equally good job. i practice photography purely for my own enjoyment and i've been employed in the industry and seen lots of talented people take amazing photos and never make a dime off them and you're right, catherine may be one of those people.

There were a handful of photos on Harry and Chelsy, but a ton on Kate. In a couple shots, she appeared to be aware of when the cameras are focused on her. Really nice dress but the "slash to the navel" discription at DM was wide of the mark. They just can't leave well enought alone. :)

I have to say that Kate looks stunning in that pink dress. Every inch the Princess.

From this article (about William and Jecca Craig - William attended the event with Catherine, but Jecca was present as well):

"William, who allegedly enjoyed a teenage romance with the brunette beauty, recently chose to holiday with her in Africa rather than attend the wedding of his cousin, Peter Phillips."

Where does this weird idea comes from? Okay, it's the D...y Mail, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom