Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the tan is fake spray-on and missed the face so her make-up disintegrated, yes? :whistling:

i think what your seeing is the result of poor lighting and that's what's making her look blotchy. as for her being drunk...i doubt it. i agree that this shot was mid blink but the DM thought it would be a good story so they said she's drunk. i don't think there's a person here that hasn't had a pic like this of themselves where look plastered. :flowers:

IMO I think Cathrine has every right to politely decline the invitation...she is not (or not yet) engaged to William...if it is true or not...Christmas afterall is a time for family to majority of people who celebrate it around the world. I think this just shows her loyalty toward her family or how she values family...and by doing so giving some pluses in the score book...

hopefully that makes sense..

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO I think Cathrine has every right to politely decline the invitation...she is not (or not yet) engaged to William...if it is true or not...Christmas afterall is a time for family to majority of people who celebrate it around the world. I think this just shows her loyalty toward her family or how she values family...and by doing so giving some pluses in the score book...

hopefully that makes sense..

Kate's a sensible girl and I think she was right to decline the invitation. When she's got that engagement rock she should get a feel for Christmas with the Windsors and lets face it, it's a tough thing to cope with. The Queen on the sherry from nine in the morning, Prince Philip effing and blinding cos he can't carve the turkey, Princess Anne sulking because it's too cold for riding and the kids running riot because Granny forget to get double A batteries - it's like the lion's den. And it only gets worse when the Kents and Gloucesters arrive and Brenda puts her "Vintage Cheese Party" album on. How do you conga in the order of precedence?

Well since we all know how incredibly "reliable" the daily mail is, I suppose we should all go find a sack of salt to take with this news. Since she will be heading to join the royals on second christmas day, I don't see that she is really declining anything. Most couples split their holidays between both families, and until engagement or marriage or a living arrangement, this seems the normal route to go.

i think it's wonderful that he was part of team that helped take intercept this garbage that has/is destroyed the lives of so many people.

i think it's wonderful that he was part of team that helped take intercept this garbage that has/is destroyed the lives of so many people.
Agree Duchess. Good job, William and fellow sailors!

Uupps, another new "career". Is it career number eight or nine, sorry, I lost track. I wonder how many more new careers we will have to endure before Will's proposal will finally mark an end to Kate's WAG lifestyle. At the moment I don't see much difference between Kate and these footballer's wives, both enjoy to take on every freebie opportunity along the way. What's next, a TV career? Maybe Cheryl Cole won't stand up to the high expectations and Simon Powell will ask Kate to become the new X Factor judge.

It is not a story about a career Catherine has pursued, it is merely a story in the Express, hardly renowned for accuracy.

I don't think we can judge how many career's Catherine has or has not undertaken, as all anyone knows are rumours. The story about being asked to become a model or pose for an obscure magazine sound ridiculous.

IMO, everyone in the fashion industry must know who she is and the 'I'm not supposed to have pictures taken like that', sounds as implausible as HM giving an interview to the tabloids! :rolleyes:

I have enormous problems respecting people who judge others from what they read about them in the tabloids.

I have enormous problems respecting people who judge others from what they read about them in the tabloids.
Especially those who don't even appear to have read the article in the first place! :flowers:

Uupps, another new "career". Is it career number eight or nine, sorry, I lost track. I wonder how many more new careers we will have to endure before Will's proposal will finally mark an end to Kate's WAG lifestyle. At the moment I don't see much difference between Kate and these footballer's wives, both enjoy to take on every freebie opportunity along the way. What's next, a TV career? Maybe Cheryl Cole won't stand up to the high expectations and Simon Powell will ask Kate to become the new X Factor judge.

but this isn't a career she's looking to get into. the piece says that the "scout" approached her. IF...and that's a very big IF this story has even one iota of truth then the company that's employing this "scout" should fire him because if he had a grain of knowledge about fashion then he'd have known who she was. if he's self employed...he should look for another career.

but this isn't a career she's looking to get into. the piece says that the "scout" approached her. IF...and that's a very big IF this story has even one iota of truth then the company that's employing this "scout" should fire him because if he had a grain of knowledge about fashion then he'd have known who she was. if he's self employed...he should look for another career.

Why should he? Kate Middleton has nothing to do with fashion. She appears in gossipy magazines and slightly down market news papers not high fashion magazines (save for the odd, mini article once in a while). Not everyone in the UK is that interested in her and a fair few people I know wouldn't know her if she was sitting right next to them (although the paparazzi popping out from behind a flower pot or a lamp post might raise their suspicions!!!):whistling:

Why should he? Kate Middleton has nothing to do with fashion. She appears in gossipy magazines and slightly down market news papers not high fashion magazines (save for the odd, mini article once in a while). Not everyone in the UK is that interested in her and a fair few people I know wouldn't know her if she was sitting right next to them (although the paparazzi popping out from behind a flower pot or a lamp post might raise their suspicions!!!):whistling:

i understand that the average person might not recognize her but anyone in the fashion industry would know who she is...what was it about that dress that started a trend once she wore it? and her face has been seen in enough press articles and newspapers that anyone worth their pay cheque working in the media industry should know who she is...even the celebrities that go out in public sans make up and looking their dowdiest are easily recognizable by people in the fashion industry. it sounds like this "scout" has been living under a rock or just arrived from the furthest reaches of space. she's not known for haut couture but anyone who's clothes target the demographic that she fits into would certainly know who she is...it's their business to know. :flowers:

Fair enough Duchess but I think Kate's sphere of influence fashion wise in the UK is not as far reaching as some may think. Her style is safe and not ground breaking. At the moment magazines are full of Agyness Deyn, Alexa Chung, Daisy Lowe etc who are much more fashion forward and interesting fashion wise (if not my particular taste).
Anyway, I'm off on some tangent here. Back to current events...........(oops!)

oh i agree...she's not breaking any new ground and doesn't hasn't had any influence on the fashion other than the lucky episode with the dress. she appears to dress for herself and has a classic style but then again, considering her potential future i think it's wise that she's playing it safe. that aside, it wasn't catherine that went looking for this opportunity, it was someone that spotted her and some people are of the mind that she's taking advantage of her media exposure to launch a so called new career where that isn't the case at all.

Last edited:
IMO, everyone in the fashion industry must know who she is and the 'I'm not supposed to have pictures taken like that', sounds as implausible as HM giving an interview to the tabloids! :rolleyes:
Exactly what I am thinking. What did Catherine mean "I'm not supposed to have picture taken like that"

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts speculating about what Kate Middleton is or isn't doing and what she should or shouldn't be doing have been moved out of the current events thread to the Rumours and musings thread.

Warren
British Forums moderator

speaking as someone who's been hit while riding, I reeeeaallly wish she'd put a helmet on.

I hope we will see the Press Complaints Authority taking action on these photos, they are starting to become intrusive... again!:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom