Old 06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Just thumnails of Kate's attendance at Order of the Garter Event:
Rex Features

Kate looks wonderful.

-Ayvee

Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

That's a very nice hat Kate had on, and not one of the frilly/flowery perched on a band-thing. I think the suit was seen last year for her friend's gallery opening in Dublin.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was just watching the ITV news. They showed Kate as being snuck in through a side door. Saying Kat was 'snuck' in through a side door but was caught by the press. How odd when she was so prominent with the royal family
Old 06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

It will be interesting to know how many people went in through the side door. I'd expect the newsreader to just tell the news as is, without the sly comments. They might as well toss in a wink at the camera too.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Nobility

She looks happy with Harry! I see more pictures of her and him than her and William looking happy!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

Thats exactly what I was thinking! They look like the couple, haha.

I thought she looked really wonderful today. My favorite look of hers. I wonder if she already has someone who helps her find the appropriate clothes to wear to events like this.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Nobility

I don't see why she shouldn't have been there. I knew she would be there, that is his girlfriend, she should have been there. Let's face it people, wherever thay go together there will be more speculation. Mike was there when Zara received her MBE, they aren't engaged. It doesn't mean they are engaged, it's just like when William passed out at Sandhurst two years ago, she was there, big deal! People shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I don't see why she shouldn't have been there. I knew she would be there, that is his girlfriend, she should have been there. Let's face it people, wherever thay go together there will be more speculation. Mike was there when Zara received her MBE, they aren't engaged. It doesn't mean they are engaged, it's just like when William passed out at Sandhurst two years ago, she was there, big deal! People shouldn't make such a big deal out of it.
In this history of the royal family, girlfriends don't attend such events. Fiancees and spouses do. Thats why its a big deal. Its different with Zara and Mike b/c she is a minor member of the family and that was also a different kind of event. And with Sandhurst that was also a more private event that the media had access to. It wasn't an official event like the Garter service. Thats how I perceive it anyway.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

As far as I could get information about the Garter ceremony from various sites including this very interesting site about the woodsculptor of the Garter Crests (Family Coats of Arms and Crests; individually carved and painted Coats of Arms and Crests by Heraldic sculptor Ian G Brennan.) it is only the spouses who are invited to take a stall at St. George's Chapel and that waiting at the Galilee Porch of the Chapel is reserved for the Royal family and Royal guests if a foreign Royal is to be installed at the service.

But of course when Prince Andrew invited his ex-wife to his installation in 2006 Sarah waited with Beatrice, Eugenie, Sophie and Camilla at the Galilee Porch as could be seen in pics printed by the Daily Mail back then.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Posts concerned with the more speculative question of an engagement rather than the discussion of current events have been moved to the Prince William Engagement Rumours and Speculation thread.

Posts attempting to guess a date of an engagement announcement have been removed from the current events thread.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate with siser Pippa in London 17/06/2008
Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6

Both have nice dress. But Pippa's is my favourite.
Source: ibl
Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Poor girl not being able to go to the cash point without being photographed. Not sure I like pictures like that
Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
Poor girl not being able to go to the cash point without being photographed. Not sure I like pictures like that
I quite agree with you, shameful behavior once again!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Wills, Harry and Kate out today, article to accompany the pictures

Princess Diana Remembered : The Princes and Kate get all tangled up...in a tent trying to shelter from the rain
Old 06-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Some more pics from today: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Cool what was the event.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Cool what was the event.
Williams De Broe Polo Test Match, England vs. New Zealand. England won 6-4.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Commoner

Hi Everyone...
Check out this article: Mandrake: Prince William on bended knee for Kate Middleton - Telegraph

I just "love" how the media sometimes plays with our emotions don't you?
Anyway it was a good joke...

but here's another article about the bended knee incident: The Princes and Kate get all tangled up...in a tent trying to shelter from the rain | Mail Online
Old 06-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Courtier

Some more from yesterday: Rex Features

Article: Prince William and Kate Middleton enjoy rain-lashed love-in - Sunday Mirror

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william