The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
nice picture

Kate looks abit like doing a Victoria Beckham style "pout"

Old 06-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Kate looks abit like doing a Victoria Beckham style "pout"
They both look really annoyed in that photo, it's such a difference from all the others of that night.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Very romantic picture i must say,they suit each other so much
Old 06-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Love the gail

I love that color on Kate!! But i still say she looks like she has lost a lot of weight.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Nobility

She does look really nice with that pink colour. But, is she still with Prince William? I'm very confused. The press/ paparazzi really makes up ridiculous rumours about people. I think they'll be back together soon.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaEvidence View Post
She does look really nice with that pink colour. But, is she still with Prince William? I'm very confused. The press/ paparazzi really makes up ridiculous rumours about people. I think they'll be back together soon.
As of Saturday, anyway, she and William are still together. They were definitely affectionate at the boxing event; the photo of William with his hand on her back is very telling.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Posts rehashing the reported breakup of Prince William and Kate Middleton in April 2007 have been deleted from the current events thread.
The Breakup thread was closed in May 2007 for the reason stated here.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 06-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

Could be an altogether made up news from DM...

Kate refuses the Queen’s offer to host own table at Royal Ascot ...because she doesn’t want to be seen as William’s official stand-in | Mail Online
Old 06-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't buy this story at all. The tables seem to have been given to people who are actually related to the Queen--grandchildren of HM and children of the Michaels of Kent. The article also states:

"The Queen has invited her granddaughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie who will each host tables of ten on Friday. Zara Phillips was also invited to have her own table on Ladies’ Day but is also understood to have pulled out.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent’s children Lord Freddie and Lady Gabriella Windsor have been given tables to host on Saturday."

It remains to be seen whether or not Kate will even be there in the Royal Enclosure.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy

Well according to the article she won't because she modestly turned the offer down. This way the DM is really safe because even if Kate doesn't show up (as expected) that won't prove their story wrong since they claimed she wouldn't be going. Has she ever attended Ascot before? I know she's been to Cheltenham a couple of times but Ascot...
It's also curious that this article comes from Katie Nicholls who braught the "Queen told Kate to get a job" article a couple of weeks ago. What is it now? Either HM does not like Kate because she's a lazy WAG or she does approve of her to the point that she would invite her to Ascot. Do these "journalists" not feel stupid to contradict themselves so much and so obviously?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Miss Middleton was personally invited by the Queen" and then ‘Kate’s also been advised to take a back seat publicity-wise". So which is it? The Mail, as reliable and accurate as usual!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

hmmmmm, i'd be confused if i didn't understand they're covering their bases. is the mail trying to "tear her down" how rude to refuse a generous, warm offer from the Queen
or "buiding her up" for being demure and not wanting undeserved attention?
doesn't matter as long as it sells papers and they can't be sued.

"Do these "journalists" not feel stupid to contradict themselves so much and so obviously?" isana you are too kind referring to these fiction hacks as journalists, more like ambulance chasers.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

It seems doubtful such an offer would even be made. If is was, it is more likely that Kate would have been asked, in the Princes' absence, to act as an unofficial hostess for a table made up of William and Harry's oldest friends, most of whom belong to families friendly with the BRF for years. I can't imagine for a moment that Kate would be so disrespectful and rude to HM and decline such an invitation.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

I think the article is false.

I can not see the Queen inviting Catherine to host a table in the princes' place without her being offically engaged to Prince William.

I think Catherine might have been invited at one of the Queen's tables though because she enjoys horse racing.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

perhaps the reason she was asked is because maybe they are actually engaged and have been asked to keep it quiet until william finishes his military duties.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
"Miss Middleton was personally invited by the Queen" and then ‘Kate’s also been advised to take a back seat publicity-wise". So which is it? The Mail, as reliable and accurate as usual!
I stumbled about this as well - shall we now think that the queen is not as prudent as her advisors? That there are two Courts involved with different agendas? Oh, the delightful possibilities.... Or is it just plain stupid by Ms. Nicholls who simply did not think on writing her little piece?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

She might not have personally been invited to Ascot but she was invited to William's Garter ceremony.
Prince William will be made a Royal Knight of the Garter by the Queen today | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Oh, what a knight! Harry and Kate have a laugh at Wills in his robes as he joins ancient Order of the Garter | Mail Online
Old 06-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

And from hello
William becomes Knight of the Garter in historic Windsor ceremony
Old 06-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Middleton's arrival in a royal car with William's brother, Prince Harry, and the princes' personal secretary, Helen Asprey, was accompanied by the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean played by a military band.
Proud Kate Watches Prince William Become a Knight - Couples, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com

Pirates of the Caribbean?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Is there any pictures of Kate in the royal car with Harry?

Tags
kate middleton, prince william