The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

All the detective work and posts are really intriguing and informative but Incas had the funniest line!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
The Sun has a few photos of Catherine and Prince William on vacation on the island of Mustique.

Hols beauty Kate Middleton floats Prince William's boat | The Sun |News|Royals
Another couple of shots:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/tnsngr/k3-6.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/tnsngr/k5-4.jpg

Old 08-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sporting a sexy black and white bikini she could have been any woman happily in love and spending quality time with her boyfriend on holiday.And Prince William looked equally as smitten as he and girlfriend Kate Middleton relaxed and soaked up the Caribbean sunshine.

Action girl Kate spends time with her Prince charming on their 'honeymoon' hideaway | Mail Online
they actually do look like a couple who are on their honeymoon ..
Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Kate's family seem to be on holiday with them and I may be wrong by it looks like Pippa that is out on the rings with William, along with James not Kate.

6 photos: Will und Kate auf Liebeswellen - Bilder - BUNTE
I think the unity and closeness of the Middleton family is a major plus for William's serious relationship with Kate. Obviously they had to form their relationship based on friendship and romantic interests but for a guy like William who has probably never known a true nuclear family without all the drama, their welcome must just add to Kate's allure.

I predict that if Kate and William do marry, this will be one Royal pair who does not focus all their private time on the Royal Family but will be actively involved with her family as well. Holiday tradition may dictate , for example Christmas at Windsor or Sandringham, but the rest of the holiday will be split with the Middletons or they will be part of the Royal festivities as well.

At any rate, it is obvious that William enjoys, if not cherishes, time with them and this can only strengthen the couple's relationship.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I I predict that if Kate and William do marry, this will be one Royal pair who does not focus all their private time on the Royal Family but will be actively involved with her family as well. Holiday tradition may dictate , for example Christmas at Windsor or Sandringham, but the rest of the holiday will be split with the Middletons or they will be part of the Royal festivities as well.

Good thought about the future BRF Holiday traditions.

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall I feel with have different traditions then the present monarch. When Charles becomes King things with be run differently for the Holidays. I think Camilla's children will be included.

Even now Prince Harry does his own thing for Holidays. And Catherine is very, very close to her family. Things will be different.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Nobility

The timing for such breaks are good for William and Kate. The blue water and sun must really be warm to the soul. I'm glad to see them out enjoying a break although there are pictures being taken, they take me back in nostalgia. I love when we romance with the Earth and all its natural beauty. I hope they had a good time. I'm glad for them. May they enjoy more such pass times. They are something to envy; in a good way.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Some of these pictures look like they were taken when they stayed on the island the last time. William still is wearing those same blue trunks from the last time.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Commoner

Kate and William show off their Royal tans as they hit the London club scene
Kate and William show off their Royal tans as they hit the London club scene | Mail Online
Old 08-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga77 View Post
Kate and William show off their Royal tans as they hit the London club scene
Kate and William show off their Royal tans as they hit the London club scene | Mail Online
Yeah, straight back from vacation to clubbing and booze. I am surprised that there are still people out there who don't understand why these two have a serious image problem. Unfortunately William is not Joe Average who enjoys his clubbing after work or a rich celebrity but he behaves as if he was, including the carefree trophy girlfriend. If this is supposed to be the royalty of the 21st century I hope that society will get rid of them quickly.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Yes, Prince William and Miss Middleton can go to a night club and have good time as any other rich young people do. The problem is that Prince William represents the societal institution and, thus, is not supposed to do such things at the times of economic recession... or, let us say, is supposed to do such things in more discreet manner. Could Prince Charles explain it to his son?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Commoner

see video..
See Kate & Wills On Razz - Sky Showbiz
Old 08-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

perhaps we need some links of prince charles early years photos for comparison he cut a swath through the party scene too, with different girls across the globe. they're young, in love and having fun, it's what young people do every chance they get (i'm not so old i don't remember) but Al bina has in my opinion correctly pointed out they are not just any privileged couple.

the disconnect with their life and the average person (not in their social circle) is stark and the contrast is dark, william needs to tone it down IMO when people have BIG worries like forclosure, dropping wages, inflation and buying school supplies, seeing your party prince on the front page is not a good thing. instead of vacations, nightclubs till 4 and polo playing, perhaps a drop in at a low income school with supplies, or visit to elderly homes with a stipend for electricity this winter, would play a little better in the paper, that said i suppose it's none of my business being a Texan with no horse in the barn.

i myself, prefer friends, drinks and good food at my house or theirs, i was tired of the nightclub scene before i hit 25, loud music, drunk strangers, sweaty dancers and shallow people have no appeal JMO

OMG he is so bald!!! i'm shocked i don't think i realized.....oh my...
kate looks pretty, it's amazing how good a real tan looks as opposed to those tragic orange tints i keep seeing. when does his next crash course in the military begin?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yeah, straight back from vacation to clubbing and booze. I am surprised that there are still people out there who don't understand why these two have a serious image problem. Unfortunately William is not Joe Average who enjoys his clubbing after work or a rich celebrity but he behaves as if he was, including the carefree trophy girlfriend. If this is supposed to be the royalty of the 21st century I hope that society will get rid of them quickly.
Don't worry about the monarchy of the 21st century. There won't be one - anywhere - unless the next generation of young royals understand that in our day and time it is no longer enough to show up and look good. Paris Hilton nailed that corner of the market a long time ago! We are facing the same issues with the Danish Royal family. where our Crown Prince likes his fun much more than his duties! Sometimes one gets the impression that some of these young royals actually don't care about the institutions they represent.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
! Sometimes one gets the impression that some of these young royals actually don't care about the institutions they represent.
Unfortunately I think you are right.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
perhaps we need some links of prince charles early years photos for comparison he cut a swath through the party scene too, with different girls across the globe. they're young, in love and having fun, it's what young people do every chance they get (i'm not so old i don't remember) but Al bina has in my opinion correctly pointed out they are not just any privileged couple....snipped
Charles definitely enjoyed his fun in his day as well. Of course the press is so much more intrusive now than it was then. This is the latest press release for William's future activities:

The Prince of Wales - Prince William: Military Secondments in Autumn, 2008
Old 08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Prince Charles was much more discreet than his sons. Lots of people seemed to be very much surprised when they first heard about Camilla (and others of course).
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

William and Kate have also been dating for five years. That is quite long by British royal standards. The length of the relationship, while I think quite a good indicator of durability for a future marriage, opens them up for intense scrutiny. In times past, they would already be married with children by now.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I think that Prince Charles was much more discreet than his sons. Lots of people seemed to be very much surprised when they first heard about Camilla (and others of course).
The press was much less invasive then, too. He wasn't constantly followed by cameras like these two are.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
The press was much less invasive then, too. He wasn't constantly followed by cameras like these two are.
Well, with sites like The Kate & Wills Update, I guess there is an never ending demand for pictures of the two lovebirds!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, that's the media and journalism for you. Always looking to make a quick buck off of the lives of public figures.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william