The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I definitely remember reading right after the event that Kate bought her pink Issa evening gown from the Boodles Boxing Ball at Harrods. This "getting the dress for free" angle is a new one to me. We've heard that she works with a stylist who brings clothing to her flat so that she can try it on, but no one has ever said that she gets those clothes free.

I'm just flabbergasted at the amount of non-news coming from the DM lately. It's even worse than usual.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with everyone. Don't most people wear one or two labels? I wear mostly H&M and Zara doesn't mean I get freebies from them (I wish ) or that I'm their "ambassador". It would also not make a lot of sense to deliver her cloths to her London home when she moved back to her parents by the end of last year. Even if they deliver her cloths, couldn't it simply be a VIP service to protect her privacy? They send her something to her home, she gets to chose (and pay) and doesn't need to go to some shop and be bothered by paps etc. That would also fit in with what the designer said.
Quote:
‘Kate is not an ambassador for Issa. We love it and are very flattered that Kate wears Issa. 'She’s a private client and we never make any comment on our private clients.’
And then it's not really hard to outshine Chelsy when she has that infamous scowl on her face. Chelsy is a beautiful girl and she wore a great dress to the BBB but she just doesn't photograph well at all. Girl needs to learn to smile every once in a while at least when she attends public functions with her beau. But then the DM never let logic or fact get in the way of their stories.
But of course the usual suspects immidiately jumped on the story and took it as gospel. Surely her paying for the dresses wouldn't be right either because that would be wasting money. Maybe they would be happy if she ran around naked all day...

Old 08-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Maybe I'm a little suspicious of the DM's intentions but it is interesting that they went with this story while other news outlets were going with the 'turning down the upgrade' one. Which happened to be one they totally ignored.
I totally agree. And did anyone notice the DM article stated that she's 'helping' (not working) with her parents' business? Me thinks Katie Nicholl is seeing green.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Majesty

I think that it was "Pick on the Middletons Day" at the Mail today, because there was an article about Pippa and her new boyfriend as well. I think that there's a green-eyed monster working at the DM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Issa that a freebie frock, Kate? There's an awful lot of giveaway dresses in Brazil for designer's 'muse' | Mail Online

Maybe I'm a little suspicious of the DM's intentions but it is interesting that they went with this story while other news outlets were going with the 'turning down the upgrade' one. Which happened to be one they totally ignored.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Commoner

Funny that Katie Nicholl's article quotes Daniella Issa in the end, which refutes her whole story. You guys are right... it's a slow news weekend (they couldn't get any scoop from Mustique perhaps) and are filling the pages.

And I don't really care if Kate gets free stuff. Why shouldn't she? She makes the Issa label look good. It's clearly a win-win situation for both parties if true. But my guess is she only gets discounts. And KN should just stop writing useless non-stories... and also leave Pippa alone. Because frankly, she (KN) sounds like a jealous socialite who has to resort to mundane bickering because she couldn't get the more relevant stories like Harry's visit to Mandella's cell in South Africa.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by putski View Post
Funny that Katie Nicholl's article quotes Daniella Issa in the end, which refutes her whole story.
Lol! I don't recall if it was Nicholl, but the same was true of the article about the Queen wanting Kate to get a job. After all the nonsense written about what the Queen expects of Kate, the article was concluded with a statement that BP doesn't comment on such things.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

The two pages (yes!) of speculations over who paid/pays/will pay for Ms Middleton's dresses has been moved over to the Rumours and musings thread.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Nobility

The Sun has a few photos of Catherine and Prince William on vacation on the island of Mustique.

"KATE Middleton looks sensational on a Caribbean holiday — and lover Prince William’s approval is clear to sea."

Hols beauty Kate Middleton floats Prince William's boat | The Sun |News|Royals

It's refreshing to see a few actual photographs of William and Catherine enjoying themselves on a summer vacation. I believe the last time summer vacation photographs of them were seen was some time during the summer of 2006.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Some of the photos are new, but they've snuck in a couple that aren't. The closeups are apparently older; the one of Kate is from her training with the Sisterhood Challenge and the one of William is from a previous vacation on Ibiza.

It doesn't make sense to me ... if they've got these exclusive pictures (and I think the other four definitely are new), why add in the older ones?

HM The Queen
Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sporting a sexy black and white bikini she could have been any woman happily in love and spending quality time with her boyfriend on holiday.And Prince William looked equally as smitten as he and girlfriend Kate Middleton relaxed and soaked up the Caribbean sunshine.

Action girl Kate spends time with her Prince charming on their 'honeymoon' hideaway | Mail Online
Old 08-10-2008, 12:26 PM

William is still wearing his beloved crawfish shorts! Are they the same ones he always had or does he have many pairs?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Kate's family seem to be on holiday with them and I may be wrong by it looks like Pippa that is out on the rings with William, along with James not Kate.

6 photos: Will und Kate auf Liebeswellen - Bilder - BUNTE
Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

It's really hard to tell in that picture, IMO, if it's Kate or Pippa. They do look quite a bit alike sometimes, and it's so blurry that I'm not sure which one it is. I think it could be Pippa ... in the photo where you can see all three of the people out on the rings, there's one woman left on the boat who is standing where Kate is standing in some of the other photos.

HM The Queen
Old 08-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Also in one photo where both William and a woman have on lifesavers, you can see Kate standing with what looks like her mother.

ETA: Actually now that I look again it seems the bikini is different on the other woman. I'm not sure, it looks like Pippa on the ring but......
Old 08-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Here's what's confusing to me in this set of pictures: the two brunette women (probably Kate and Pippa) and their bikinis and shorts. In the water skiing pictures, it's obviously Kate who has the white shorts and the life vest on over her swimsuit. But in the picture you're talking about, Amelia, the woman standing without a life vest on is wearing what looks like Kate's swimsuit -- and the woman in the life vest is wearing the white shorts.

So, are Pippa and Kate swapping outfits on board, wearing pretty much the same thing, is that woman standing beside maybe-Carole actually Pippa? And why do I spend so much time wondering about these things?

ETA: Now that I look again, it does seem that the woman in the white shorts is always Kate, and the woman in the bikini sitting next to maybe-Carole in the long-range shot must be Pippa. The swimsuits have a slightly different pattern. So that might be Kate, with a laughing face that makes her look like her sister, on the rings with William and James.

HM The Queen
Old 08-10-2008, 07:19 PM

I think it is Pippa on the ring.

I can sort of see it being James on the third ring, but the pics so far don't distinguish the face so well as to make me certain.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Commoner

Intriguing! I think Ella is right in that Kate is always the one with white shorts. The bikinis are both black/white but they have a different pattern. Also, that brunette beside maybe-Carol has a fuller chest, IMO, which makes her most likely to be Pippa.

The girl in the ring is a mystery, but my guess is it's Pippa too. (1) My first impression was Pippa, and (2) The girl on the boat while those 3 rings are being pulled has her hair over her right shoulder. Look at the other photos. Kate seems to keep her hair over her right shoulder while Pippa keeps it over her left. Just a silly (probably irrelevant) observation.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

I'm just glad James decided not to borrow one of his sister's bikinis. Then we really can't figure out which of the Middletons were in the rings.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Man Kate looks great! when will William come back to The UK
Old 08-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I love how much serious detective work we're all putting into this.

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by putski View Post
Also, that brunette beside maybe-Carol has a fuller chest, IMO, which makes her most likely to be Pippa.
(That was how I realized that she must be Pippa, too, but I just wasn't brave enough to say so! )

HM The Queen
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william