Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 5: June-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am sure the absence is felt the same way whether you are royal or not, but a webcam can not really replace a warm cuddle from your loved one at the end of the day, can it!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an army wife, you get used to the absences, you have to. The longest separation was two years alone with four small children and no family near and I survived. Other times it was 1 year, 6 months, etc etc. When you marry someone in the military you have to accept this and to complain would be unfair to the husband. If you are going to object to absences because of duty it is better not to marry and find someone else with a 9-5 job. Sarah Ferguson is a example of someone who couldn´t cope.

Ask any Army wife how this is... without the gimmicks. Or the wife of any career employee... Or the wife of a craftman away on a rigging assignment... There are soo many women who have to face regular times of absence of their husband, that it doesn't really seem to be worth mentioning, especially not nowadays with the internet and cell phones.
Cell phones, internet, webcams wonderful inventions for anyone with a husband/wife/son/daughter/father/mother in the forces!
By comparison, William has barely been away. :flowers:

I think Kate turning down the upgrade shows her to be very media savvy. If she took up the offer, it would be another mark against her for getting freebies and going on another holiday. It's a shame really, for the airline clerk to sell the story to the tabloids. I'd think airline's so called privacy policy would cover its paying passenger's encounter with its agent. It does make me wonder if the agent was the one to took it upon him/her-self to give Kate an upgrade after recognizing her, either her name or face.

I think Kate turning down the upgrade shows her to be very media savvy.
Totally agree with you Incas. I think the agent got MONEY!:flowers:

I think that's interesting as well. Of course, reading through the comments, they were lopsidedly against Kate, assuming everything she got were freebies. The strange thing was, with all the paps parking outside her home, I'd expect at least one photo of the "courier bag-loads of frocks" among the evidence. This isn't really a new story. I remember reading in DM at least a year ago about Kate getting free handbags. Kate must be so glad she turned down that upgrade...so not worth it.

Another DM article - they must be really short of things to publish.

I wear Next clothes as they fit really nicely and I like their style - doesn't mean I get them free!

I definitely remember reading right after the event that Kate bought her pink Issa evening gown from the Boodles Boxing Ball at Harrods. This "getting the dress for free" angle is a new one to me. We've heard that she works with a stylist who brings clothing to her flat so that she can try it on, but no one has ever said that she gets those clothes free.

I'm just flabbergasted at the amount of non-news coming from the DM lately. It's even worse than usual.

I agree with everyone. Don't most people wear one or two labels? I wear mostly H&M and Zara doesn't mean I get freebies from them (I wish ;)) or that I'm their "ambassador". It would also not make a lot of sense to deliver her cloths to her London home when she moved back to her parents by the end of last year. Even if they deliver her cloths, couldn't it simply be a VIP service to protect her privacy? They send her something to her home, she gets to chose (and pay) and doesn't need to go to some shop and be bothered by paps etc. That would also fit in with what the designer said.
‘Kate is not an ambassador for Issa. We love it and are very flattered that Kate wears Issa. 'She’s a private client and we never make any comment on our private clients.’
And then it's not really hard to outshine Chelsy when she has that infamous scowl on her face. Chelsy is a beautiful girl and she wore a great dress to the BBB but she just doesn't photograph well at all. Girl needs to learn to smile every once in a while at least when she attends public functions with her beau. But then the DM never let logic or fact get in the way of their stories. :whistling:
But of course the usual suspects immidiately jumped on the story and took it as gospel. Surely her paying for the dresses wouldn't be right either because that would be wasting money. Maybe they would be happy if she ran around naked all day...

Maybe I'm a little suspicious of the DM's intentions but it is interesting that they went with this story while other news outlets were going with the 'turning down the upgrade' one. Which happened to be one they totally ignored.

I totally agree. And did anyone notice the DM article stated that she's 'helping' (not working) with her parents' business? Me thinks Katie Nicholl is seeing green.

I think that it was "Pick on the Middletons Day" at the Mail today, because there was an article about Pippa and her new boyfriend as well. I think that there's a green-eyed monster working at the DM.:lol:

Issa that a freebie frock, Kate? There's an awful lot of giveaway dresses in Brazil for designer's 'muse' | Mail Online

Maybe I'm a little suspicious of the DM's intentions but it is interesting that they went with this story while other news outlets were going with the 'turning down the upgrade' one. Which happened to be one they totally ignored.

Funny that Katie Nicholl's article quotes Daniella Issa in the end, which refutes her whole story. You guys are right... it's a slow news weekend (they couldn't get any scoop from Mustique perhaps) and are filling the pages.

And I don't really care if Kate gets free stuff. Why shouldn't she? She makes the Issa label look good. It's clearly a win-win situation for both parties if true. But my guess is she only gets discounts. And KN should just stop writing useless non-stories... and also leave Pippa alone. Because frankly, she (KN) sounds like a jealous socialite who has to resort to mundane bickering because she couldn't get the more relevant stories like Harry's visit to Mandella's cell in South Africa.

Funny that Katie Nicholl's article quotes Daniella Issa in the end, which refutes her whole story.
Lol! I don't recall if it was Nicholl, but the same was true of the article about the Queen wanting Kate to get a job. After all the nonsense written about what the Queen expects of Kate, the article was concluded with a statement that BP doesn't comment on such things.

The two pages (yes!) of speculations over who paid/pays/will pay for Ms Middleton's dresses has been moved over to the Rumours and musings thread. :)

The Sun has a few photos of Catherine and Prince William on vacation on the island of Mustique.

"KATE Middleton looks sensational on a Caribbean holiday — and lover Prince William’s approval is clear to sea."

Hols beauty Kate Middleton floats Prince William's boat | The Sun |News|Royals

:flowers: It's refreshing to see a few actual photographs of William and Catherine enjoying themselves on a summer vacation. I believe the last time summer vacation photographs of them were seen was some time during the summer of 2006.

Some of the photos are new, but they've snuck in a couple that aren't. The closeups are apparently older; the one of Kate is from her training with the Sisterhood Challenge and the one of William is from a previous vacation on Ibiza.

It doesn't make sense to me ... if they've got these exclusive pictures (and I think the other four definitely are new), why add in the older ones?

William is still wearing his beloved crawfish shorts! Are they the same ones he always had or does he have many pairs? :lol:

It's really hard to tell in that picture, IMO, if it's Kate or Pippa. They do look quite a bit alike sometimes, and it's so blurry that I'm not sure which one it is. I think it could be Pippa ... in the photo where you can see all three of the people out on the rings, there's one woman left on the boat who is standing where Kate is standing in some of the other photos.

Also in one photo where both William and a woman have on lifesavers, you can see Kate standing with what looks like her mother.

ETA: Actually now that I look again it seems the bikini is different on the other woman. I'm not sure, it looks like Pippa on the ring but......

Here's what's confusing to me in this set of pictures: the two brunette women (probably Kate and Pippa) and their bikinis and shorts. In the water skiing pictures, it's obviously Kate who has the white shorts and the life vest on over her swimsuit. But in the picture you're talking about, Amelia, the woman standing without a life vest on is wearing what looks like Kate's swimsuit -- and the woman in the life vest is wearing the white shorts.

So, are Pippa and Kate swapping outfits on board, wearing pretty much the same thing, is that woman standing beside maybe-Carole actually Pippa? And why do I spend so much time wondering about these things? :lol:

ETA: Now that I look again, it does seem that the woman in the white shorts is always Kate, and the woman in the bikini sitting next to maybe-Carole in the long-range shot must be Pippa. The swimsuits have a slightly different pattern. So that might be Kate, with a laughing face that makes her look like her sister, on the rings with William and James.

I think it is Pippa on the ring.

I can sort of see it being James on the third ring, but the pics so far don't distinguish the face so well as to make me certain.

Intriguing! I think Ella is right in that Kate is always the one with white shorts. The bikinis are both black/white but they have a different pattern. Also, that brunette beside maybe-Carol has a fuller chest, IMO, which makes her most likely to be Pippa.

The girl in the ring is a mystery, but my guess is it's Pippa too. (1) My first impression was Pippa, and (2) The girl on the boat while those 3 rings are being pulled has her hair over her right shoulder. Look at the other photos. Kate seems to keep her hair over her right shoulder while Pippa keeps it over her left. Just a silly (probably irrelevant) observation.

I'm just glad James decided not to borrow one of his sister's bikinis. Then we really can't figure out which of the Middletons were in the rings.:lol:

Man Kate looks great! when will William come back to The UK

I love how much serious detective work we're all putting into this. :D

Also...

Also, that brunette beside maybe-Carol has a fuller chest, IMO, which makes her most likely to be Pippa.

(That was how I realized that she must be Pippa, too, but I just wasn't brave enough to say so! :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom