The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
So, the tan is fake spray-on and missed the face so her make-up disintegrated, yes?
i think what your seeing is the result of poor lighting and that's what's making her look blotchy. as for her being drunk...i doubt it. i agree that this shot was mid blink but the DM thought it would be a good story so they said she's drunk. i don't think there's a person here that hasn't had a pic like this of themselves where look plastered.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton in stand to see Andy Murray win

Latest celebrity news and world news in pictures - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Kate Middleton, enjoys tennis in Wimbledon

Noticias breves de actualidad

Old 07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Commoner

IMO I think Cathrine has every right to politely decline the invitation...she is not (or not yet) engaged to William...if it is true or not...Christmas afterall is a time for family to majority of people who celebrate it around the world. I think this just shows her loyalty toward her family or how she values family...and by doing so giving some pluses in the score book...

hopefully that makes sense..
Old 07-02-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycjoyce View Post
IMO I think Cathrine has every right to politely decline the invitation...she is not (or not yet) engaged to William...if it is true or not...Christmas afterall is a time for family to majority of people who celebrate it around the world. I think this just shows her loyalty toward her family or how she values family...and by doing so giving some pluses in the score book...

hopefully that makes sense..
Kate's a sensible girl and I think she was right to decline the invitation. When she's got that engagement rock she should get a feel for Christmas with the Windsors and lets face it, it's a tough thing to cope with. The Queen on the sherry from nine in the morning, Prince Philip effing and blinding cos he can't carve the turkey, Princess Anne sulking because it's too cold for riding and the kids running riot because Granny forget to get double A batteries - it's like the lion's den. And it only gets worse when the Kents and Gloucesters arrive and Brenda puts her "Vintage Cheese Party" album on. How do you conga in the order of precedence?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Well since we all know how incredibly "reliable" the daily mail is, I suppose we should all go find a sack of salt to take with this news. Since she will be heading to join the royals on second christmas day, I don't see that she is really declining anything. Most couples split their holidays between both families, and until engagement or marriage or a living arrangement, this seems the normal route to go.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Majesty

Just wondered how long it would be before the Daily Mail decided that this cocaine bust was all stage managed to get Will some good publicity!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Royal Highness

i think it's wonderful that he was part of team that helped take intercept this garbage that has/is destroyed the lives of so many people.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i think it's wonderful that he was part of team that helped take intercept this garbage that has/is destroyed the lives of so many people.
Agree Duchess. Good job, William and fellow sailors!
Old 07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton gets official status of 'Girlfriend' within the Royal Family

KATE MIDDLETON CONSIGUE EL ESTATUS OFICIAL DE “NOVIA”

Kate Middleton offered new career - as a fashion model

Kate Middleton offered new career - as a fashion model @ NewKerala.Com News, India
Old 07-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
Kate Middleton gets official status of 'Girlfriend' within the Royal Family

KATE MIDDLETON CONSIGUE EL ESTATUS OFICIAL DE “NOVIA”

Kate Middleton offered new career - as a fashion model

Kate Middleton offered new career - as a fashion model @ NewKerala.Com News, India
interesting....you'd think that a person who is in the fashion industry would know who she was.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Uupps, another new "career". Is it career number eight or nine, sorry, I lost track. I wonder how many more new careers we will have to endure before Will's proposal will finally mark an end to Kate's WAG lifestyle. At the moment I don't see much difference between Kate and these footballer's wives, both enjoy to take on every freebie opportunity along the way. What's next, a TV career? Maybe Cheryl Cole won't stand up to the high expectations and Simon Powell will ask Kate to become the new X Factor judge.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is not a story about a career Catherine has pursued, it is merely a story in the Express, hardly renowned for accuracy.

I don't think we can judge how many career's Catherine has or has not undertaken, as all anyone knows are rumours. The story about being asked to become a model or pose for an obscure magazine sound ridiculous.

IMO, everyone in the fashion industry must know who she is and the 'I'm not supposed to have pictures taken like that', sounds as implausible as HM giving an interview to the tabloids!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Commoner

I have enormous problems respecting people who judge others from what they read about them in the tabloids.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina View Post
I have enormous problems respecting people who judge others from what they read about them in the tabloids.
Especially those who don't even appear to have read the article in the first place!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Uupps, another new "career". Is it career number eight or nine, sorry, I lost track. I wonder how many more new careers we will have to endure before Will's proposal will finally mark an end to Kate's WAG lifestyle. At the moment I don't see much difference between Kate and these footballer's wives, both enjoy to take on every freebie opportunity along the way. What's next, a TV career? Maybe Cheryl Cole won't stand up to the high expectations and Simon Powell will ask Kate to become the new X Factor judge.
but this isn't a career she's looking to get into. the piece says that the "scout" approached her. IF...and that's a very big IF this story has even one iota of truth then the company that's employing this "scout" should fire him because if he had a grain of knowledge about fashion then he'd have known who she was. if he's self employed...he should look for another career.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
but this isn't a career she's looking to get into. the piece says that the "scout" approached her. IF...and that's a very big IF this story has even one iota of truth then the company that's employing this "scout" should fire him because if he had a grain of knowledge about fashion then he'd have known who she was. if he's self employed...he should look for another career.
Why should he? Kate Middleton has nothing to do with fashion. She appears in gossipy magazines and slightly down market news papers not high fashion magazines (save for the odd, mini article once in a while). Not everyone in the UK is that interested in her and a fair few people I know wouldn't know her if she was sitting right next to them (although the paparazzi popping out from behind a flower pot or a lamp post might raise their suspicions!!!)
Old 07-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizy View Post
Why should he? Kate Middleton has nothing to do with fashion. She appears in gossipy magazines and slightly down market news papers not high fashion magazines (save for the odd, mini article once in a while). Not everyone in the UK is that interested in her and a fair few people I know wouldn't know her if she was sitting right next to them (although the paparazzi popping out from behind a flower pot or a lamp post might raise their suspicions!!!)
i understand that the average person might not recognize her but anyone in the fashion industry would know who she is...what was it about that dress that started a trend once she wore it? and her face has been seen in enough press articles and newspapers that anyone worth their pay cheque working in the media industry should know who she is...even the celebrities that go out in public sans make up and looking their dowdiest are easily recognizable by people in the fashion industry. it sounds like this "scout" has been living under a rock or just arrived from the furthest reaches of space. she's not known for haut couture but anyone who's clothes target the demographic that she fits into would certainly know who she is...it's their business to know.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

Fair enough Duchess but I think Kate's sphere of influence fashion wise in the UK is not as far reaching as some may think. Her style is safe and not ground breaking. At the moment magazines are full of Agyness Deyn, Alexa Chung, Daisy Lowe etc who are much more fashion forward and interesting fashion wise (if not my particular taste).
Anyway, I'm off on some tangent here. Back to current events...........(oops!)
Old 07-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

oh i agree...she's not breaking any new ground and doesn't hasn't had any influence on the fashion other than the lucky episode with the dress. she appears to dress for herself and has a classic style but then again, considering her potential future i think it's wise that she's playing it safe. that aside, it wasn't catherine that went looking for this opportunity, it was someone that spotted her and some people are of the mind that she's taking advantage of her media exposure to launch a so called new career where that isn't the case at all.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william