The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Kate Middleton current events 4: February-May 2008

Welcome to part 4 of the Prince William and Kate Middleton
current events thread: February 2008

Part 3 (January 2008) can be found here.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is a current-events thread. It isn't a thread to dissect Kate's wardrobe - if you want to talk about her fashion, there's a thread in the House of Fashion.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/kate-middleton-s-fashion-style-7409.html

It also isn't a thread to carry on about old photos or the perennial "Kate should get a real job, Kate isn't fit to be a princess, Kate is so awful, Kate should just drop dead" stuff that's been rehashed time and again already. We've already had the previous edition of this thread derailed into all sorts of off-topic nonsense, and I really don't want to see it happening here.

I've just deleted a bunch of posts about Kate's fashion choices over the last few years. Now, back on topic, please.

Elspeth

British forums moderator

*wanders over to the old thread with a large pair of pruning shears*

Old 02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I was absent for some time soo forgive me.

Stupid question but are they still together?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Commoner

William is a young man who can decide for himself about Kate.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
I was absent for some time soo forgive me.

Stupid question but are they still together?
They broke up a few months ago, but got back together a couple weeks later.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
They broke up a few months ago, but got back together a couple weeks later.
Did something happen that I missed and they broke up again, or are you talking about the break-up in April?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

umm.. it may have been in April, but it doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

They broke-up in April but were back together again by min-June.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Courtier

William and Kate TV Special: Do not Broadcast until 2009?

The Royalist - William & Kate TV Special: Do Not Broadcast Until 2009?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

Can the English media not give it a rest and just wait what will happen? Why do they always have to get ahead of themselves and of William and Kate? Ever since those two left university the press has been speculating about an "imminent engagement". Yet, two years later they are still "only" dating and obviously in no hurry to the altar and why should they be? They broke up last spring, less than a year ago. They have deliberately kept a low profile since their reunion and the press apparently still didn't get the hint and writes about an "imminent engagement". I'd be so annoyed if I were William and Kate.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
William and Kate TV Special: Do not Broadcast until 2009?

The Royalist - William & Kate TV Special: Do Not Broadcast Until 2009?
Joanne Leyland of the Royalsit really ries to write an elegant style but I cannot read her articles anymore because she always makes a three page piece from a tiny bit of information on rehashing preferably things to do with Diana - and most of the time they are only related to the topic at hand by the absolute minimum. It's so boring. Why mention in this case the engagement of Charles and Diana back in 1981? Such old, old news!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
They broke up last spring, less than a year ago. They have deliberately kept a low profile since their reunion and the press apparently still didn't get the hint and writes about an "imminent engagement". I'd be so annoyed if I were William and Kate.
I believe that they "broke up" because they wanted to figure out if the media would leave Catherine alone after the break. When it turned out she would be in the news no matter what because she had already won a high enough profile on her own, they "hooked up again" and are trying now the low profile line. IMHO William wanted to give a bit of the lost privacy back to Catherine but now he (and his family) stand by her through attending semi-public occasions together.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
Can the English media not give it a rest and just wait what will happen? Why do they always have to get ahead of themselves and of William and Kate? Ever since those two left university the press has been speculating about an "imminent engagement". Yet, two years later they are still "only" dating and obviously in no hurry to the altar and why should they be? They broke up last spring, less than a year ago. They have deliberately kept a low profile since their reunion and the press apparently still didn't get the hint and writes about an "imminent engagement". I'd be so annoyed if I were William and Kate.
I don’t think the media really care if they are about to get engaged soon or if they plan on waiting, as long as people are interested enough to keep reading what their producing they will continue to do so. I doubt the speculation will stop until they officially announce something. Of course if they do get married, the press will then start speculating on Kate being pregnant until she finally does have their first child and then they will probably start speculating on problems that they are having in their marriage, until they go back to speculating on her second pregnancy and so on.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Joanne Leyland of the Royalsit really ries to write an elegant style but I cannot read her articles anymore because she always makes a three page piece from a tiny bit of information on rehashing preferably things to do with Diana - and most of the time they are only related to the topic at hand by the absolute minimum. It's so boring. Why mention in this case the engagement of Charles and Diana back in 1981? Such old, old news!
I absolutely agree with you Jo, I can't read it anymore. Half a paragraph of information becomes three pages and Diana,regardless of topic, will have to be mentioned. I must say the comments section also puts me off her site.
Thankfully I have better sources to get my royal news.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Honestly, it's like herding butterflies, trying to keep this thread on topic.

If William and Kate don't have any joint events for the moment, then there's no need to post to the thread until they do. We have the "Public's expectation of Kate as William's Girlfriend" thread for more general comments - as long as they don't turn into the sort of mean-spirited bitching that was beginning to characterise the previous current events thread.

Also, could we please get off the subject of criticising other royalty-related websites? It doesn't give us a lot of credibility if we need to complain about criticism of TRF at other places if we're happily doing the same thing here.

Please note our rule:
  • Discussion of other forums should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
Thank you. .................

Elspeth

British forums moderator
Old 02-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

And here I thought that "herding cats" was difficult. You have your work cut out for you, Elspeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Honestly, it's like herding butterflies, trying to keep this thread on topic.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Aristocracy

According to the Sunday Mirror ( I don't know how to link), the couple are on the rocks yet again. Says they have had only one joint appearance since Christmas. Reason per "friends of the couple:" the relatinship has run its course.

So Elspeth, if they indeed break up this time, your days of butterfly herding may be over!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Nobility

I don't know whether to believe the article or not.
What do you think?
Prince William and Kate Middleton on the rocks - again! - Sunday Mirror
Old 02-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know whether to believe this or not. The Mirror can be kind of tabloid-like sometimes. I'll believe it when I start to see it in more publications.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Nobility

What caused their intial break-up?
Lexi

Tags
kate middleton, prince william