Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were supposed to have just been on vacation!

.........No matter which wedding he chose, he should have attended together with Kate. The seperate arrangement looks fishy and Kate didn't look happy to be there on her own.
I don't agree that it is fishy, I can understand the reasoning behind it - two invitations so they take one each but Kate alone at the wedding with all his family must of been hard. I certainly wouldn't of done it.

I hope William and Catherine actually go on vacation in Mustique.

The jacket Kate wore to the wedding was so chic.

I don't agree that it is fishy, I can understand the reasoning behind it - two invitations so they take one each but Kate alone at the wedding with all his family must of been hard. I certainly wouldn't of done it.

Yeah, I partially agree. I wouldn't describe it as 'fishy' but I also don't exactly think it was a nice thing of William to do. I mean, why send her alone to the wedding? He can not go, and since everyone said Peter understood, why did he have to have a "stand in"? But then, it's another example of how weird his and Kate's relationship is.

The jacket Kate wore to the wedding was so chic.

Is there a link to a better picture of it? I only saw the Daily Mail one posted, where (sorry to say) Kate looked like she was wearing way too much makeup.

The ex-girlfriend trying to be just a friend ... Is she aiming at becoming another friend of Prince William similar to what Duchess of Cornwall used to be?
I agree with Isana saying, "No matter which wedding he chose, he should have attended together with Kate"
Perhaps it is different in your country, but many men and women continue friendships long after the romance/lust has gone. I know I am not alone in being friends with many of my ex's. Perhaps Catherine couldn't find the extra time required to fly out with William or that as she had her own invitation, extended to her by Williams family and it would have been seen as ignorant to turn down an invite from the Royal Family, who might one day be your relatives.

I think Catherine and Williams family get on well, otherwise the invitation would not have been extended to her. You don't get included as the 'and partner' at most weddings, without the person who was invited. From that I conclude that Catherine was invited in her own right. :flowers:

I think Catherine and Williams family get on well, otherwise the invitation would not have been extended to her. You don't get included as the 'and partner' at most weddings, without the person who was invited. From that I conclude that Catherine was invited in her own right.
Oh I know that she was invited in her own right, I just meant that I felt sorry for her being there alone - it is hard being without a date at a wedding, trust me :verysad:

He can not go, and since everyone said Peter understood, why did he have to have a "stand in"? But then, it's another example of how weird his and Kate's relationship is.
I think the whole 'stand in' thing is more the press than William and Kate - I don't get how it makes their relationship weird though. :confused:

i think it was a very considerate gesture on both parts to attend both weddings. how would it have looked if he'd accepted the invitation to the craig wedding then changed his mind...it would have been plain bad manners...so they did the very considerate thing and attend both. he could have attended peter's wedding but it would have been even stranger if kate had attended the craig wedding don't you?

I understand why the two of them went separately to the weddings, even if it looks like bad manners on the surface. If Kate was invited to Peter's wedding in her own right, though, that would suggest that the royal family is pretty confident that the relationship between William and Kate is a serious one.

Up until recently, I wasn't sure William and Kate would stay together, but now I do expect them to get married. In fact, I'd expect them to marry next summer or at the very latest, the following one. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have no problem with Kate as a person, but I'm not sure she's the best choice for William or the monarchy.

but I'm not sure she's the best choice for William or the monarchy
Now how many couples, married for over 25 years have heard that? I know I did! :lol: It should be who is best for William, the woman he loves or a woman who might be better bred to become a Queen.:whistling:

I don't think it matters that William was invited to the Kenya wedding first. Peter is his first cousin and he wanted William to be his best man. William should have gone to his cousin's wedding. I'm sure the Craigs would have understood.

I don't think it matters that William was invited to the Kenya wedding first. Peter is his first cousin and he wanted William to be his best man. William should have gone to his cousin's wedding. I'm sure the Craigs would have understood.
I haven't seen anything to suggest that William was asked and turned down the invitation to be best man.

it's interesting that people are making william out to be the bad guy. he had already accepted an invitation to another wedding. i'm sure that peter and autumn won't hold it against him as some of the public seem to be doing.

i don't know how u see it ppl but i think that the way kate middleton is already everywhere, on magazines, weddings etc makes me doubt something is wrong. i don't see it as appropriate to have such a high profile when they;re not even engaged. it may be putting strain on william because obviously another break up would cause havoc in the media

i don't know how u see it ppl but i think that the way kate middleton is already everywhere, on magazines, weddings etc makes me doubt something is wrong. i don't see it as appropriate to have such a high profile when they;re not even engaged. it may be putting strain on william because obviously another break up would cause havoc in the media

"Appropriate" - that word has always such a hint of blame for a certain behaviour in it. Maybe she thinks the same. But what is she to do? Not go to weddings of friends? Most assume (including the media) that Catherine stood in for William but what if she really became a freind of Autumn, during the 4 years both dated cousins?

It's not as if Catherine was appearing in celeb TV-programmes or going to glitzy events, film premieres etc all the time. She lives a rather uneventful personal life and if the media wasn't so interested in her boyfriend and would turn up at sports events where he participated or appear close to their holiday destinations, noone would really notice her at all. So "High profile" - what is she to do against it when due to circumstances he can't marry her at the moment and can't even get engaged?

Personally, Inka7, I think this a particularly silly article, signifying absolutely nothing!

Catherine did remarkably well, in my opinion. It could not have been an easy task for her to attend, representing the Heir Apparent. I, for one, applaud her composure and style. Yet another feather in her cap!

Personally, Inka7, I think this a particularly silly article, signifying absolutely nothing!

Catherine did remarkably well, in my opinion. It could not have been an easy task for her to attend, representing the Heir Apparent. I, for one, applaud her composure and style. Yet another feather in her cap!

Could you tell me when William became the Heir Apparent? I thought Charles is the Heir Apparent. Is it true then that Camilla is Catholic and that therefore Charles is no longer the Heir Apparent or in line to the throne. There can only be one Heir Apparent at a time so I would like to have this cleared up as I would expect a Moderator to know a lot more than me about these things.

Catherine wasn't representing William, not officially I mean. There was only "silly article" published in news paper..We can say that she was representing the couple by her presence but definitly not "prince William" because it was a private wedding and a family event not an offical event ....That 's just what I think...
Moreover Charles is the Heir apparent and William is the second in line not more not less....

. . . . Moreover Charles is the Heir apparent and William is the second in line not more not less....
And Camilla is not a Roman Catholic. :flowers:

Could you tell me when William became the Heir Apparent? I thought Charles is the Heir Apparent. Is it true then that Camilla is Catholic and that therefore Charles is no longer the Heir Apparent or in line to the throne. There can only be one Heir Apparent at a time so I would like to have this cleared up as I would expect a Moderator to know a lot more than me about these things.
Chrissy57, you are as usual perfectly correct. :flowers: Nice to see you back. :flowers:

Well, I'm not really sure, now that you raise it. I'm used to reading Down Here of Charles being Heir Presumptive and William, Heir Apparent, i.e. we presume that Charles is next in line and apparently, William will succeed him.

there has been some discussion about the level of coverage that Kate (and Chelsy) got form Hello during the Phillips wedding yet OK magazine received the exclusive rights to the Henry van Staubenze chraity fundraising event and had Kate and William on their cover with some caption syaing something along the lines of OK parties with the Royals and inside there were a number of pictures of Kate and William with other guests as well as Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice with Dave Clarke ... so Kate appearing in an exclusive photo shoot is not something new

No reports on his whereabouts that I have found. I kinda, sorta, think perhaps, maybe, he went to Mustique after leaving Kenya and Kate slipped away to the same locale after the Phillips wedding. Of course that is my opinion only, no facts involved!:cool: Kate keeps such a low profile it's hard to know where she is or what she's up to, which is a very good thing IMHO.:flowers:

Then again the last time Harry dropped off the radar he was in Afghanistan so who the heck knows!

Cat

My thoughts are along that line as well. If they were simply on vacation together, I think that the press might have caught up with them as well.

Then again the last time Harry dropped off the radar he was in Afghanistan so who the heck knows!

Cat

The People NP from to today wrote, that PW is on Mustique with KM.:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom