Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a shame if it's true what the papers are saying.

Kate will miss event like this among BRF because she go with Will on holiday?!:whistling:
We can only waite for the wedding. Btw. Any guest list?

Kate will miss event like this among BRF because she go with Will on holiday?!:whistling:

:lol: that would be such a joke if true. she would even miss her own wedding, because of either shopping or vacation.

It will be very strange if William does decides to skip his cousin's wedding - a little selfish of him even but it is the DM :rolleyes:

Kate will miss event like this among BRF because she go with Will on holiday?!
Well to be fair she can hardly tell William to go on holidays without her,that she is going to the wedding. It is his family after all :lol:

Last edited:
Well to be fair she can hardly tell William to go on holidays without her,that she is going to the wedding. It is his family after all :lol:
Why not go alone? They see almost every day or phone to eachother. Than one event without him is nothing new.

But on the other hand go alone on this wedding and than read new goosips about their relationships...

Last edited:
:previous: I think it would be very strange for Kate to the wedding of William's cousins while William was away on holidays. I know that Sophie did attend one without Edward (I don't think he was on holiday however) but given the amount of press attention that Kate gets and the amount of engagement speculation that begins anytime she is seen at an event with other members of The Royal Family, I don't think it very wise.

Anyway I do think William should be at the wedding, so hopefully the DM has it wrong.

I think that william and kate will both be at the wedding!

well Let wait until we witness of William and Kate at the wedding..I think they will go on holiday next week?

I Cannot be that big a deal we should be focusing on the the good not the bad.

i think if william doesn't attend it could look bad, because the media will i think begin to speculate about whether Kate somehow forced William not to attend.
Why on earth would the media begin to speculate that Kate forced him not to attend? Considering certain people/media like to put forward the idea that Kate is a social climbing gold digger with her eyes firmly on being Queen, forcing him not to attend is probably the wrong way to go about it.

Also i think it is a big snub in a way for William not to attend considering the media attention it will bring.
Sadly even if he is there and had always intended on going and this whole thing is just a figment of the DM's imagination it is now going to cause media attention.

If this is true which I very much doubt:rolleyes:

It could be that they don't want to take attention anyway from the bride and groom.

But why should they first extend an invitation to her only to then ask her to go on a holiday with William instead? Both William and Kate knew when the wedding would take place and they both should know that the press will make a fuss about Kate attending. I could understand that they therefore would decide not to go but why was this not made clear earlier? And what about Harry and Chelsy? If Will and Kate aren't there the focus will be on them instead not on Auntumn and Peter. Will Harry and Chelsy therefore not attend either? If they didn't want any media fuss William and Harry should just leave their girlfriends at home. But to first invite them and then not go doesn't make sense at all to me.
Hence, I very much doubt that this story is true. Many papers were writing Kate wouldn't attend Will's wings ceremony and then they were both there happily walking along side each other. I guess this won't be any different. Just a way to sell more papers.

It would big fuss if A&P doesn't invite them Will and Kate or Harry and Chelsy or anyone of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it at all. William is supposed to love Peter, but if he absents himself from the wedding because of a pleasure holiday, it won't be showing much love, will it? And as for the lame excuse of not upstaging the couple, it's crap.
Please. No one worried about upstaging Laura Lopes.

I will be very surprised if William and Kate aren't at the wedding.:mellow:

I don't like it at all. William is supposed to love Peter, but if he absents himself from the wedding because of a pleasure holiday, it won't be showing much love, will it? And as for the lame excuse of not upstaging the couple, it's crap.
Please. No one worried about upstaging Laura Lopes.

I would be very surprised too if Will (and Kate) did not attend the wedding. Will and Peter are meant to be quite close, and not that long ago, there had been talk of William either being best man or an usher at the wedding. I don't buy the argument about they are staying away so as not to deflect attention from the couple - it will not be the first time that Kate would be publicly appearing alongside Wills.

That said, the Wales' actions can sometimes appear odd. For example, Charles & Camilla were not present at the christening of the Wessex boy a few weeks ago because they were away in Scotland. I am not necessarily equating the two events, but they could easily have made the effort to be present at a family event like that. I know Charles is concerned about carbon emmissions, but he could have just caught the Easyjet flight from Aberdeen down to Luton and back!

this Daily Mail story just made me laugh

William and Peter are very close so there is NO way that he would miss his wedding for a holiday the only reason would be if he had a public engagement which i highly doubt that the palace would organise. its a different matter whether Kate attends or not

I cannot imagine that William would miss Peter's wedding for a holiday. He seems close to Peter and this joyous event will only happen once where as Will can go on vacation whenever. I truly would be shocked and saddened if William didn't attend but I think this is just a made up story. We'll see in a little over a week.

Well, Fred and mary doesn't came to Felipe and Letizia's wedding too. But they were on honymoon on this time... Just reminds me about this situation.

...That said, the Wales' actions can sometimes appear odd.
Yeah, like when Wills & Harry didn't attend Bea's Windsor party because of polo. Not that I care about Bea. But it was weird, because she attended Will's party in 2003, and why couldn't he return the favor?

I don't see what Peter's place in line of succession has to do with it. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Charles is concerned about carbon emmissions, but he could have just caught the Easyjet flight from Aberdeen down to Luton and back!
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! :eek:

I thought William was due to start with the Navy and if so, I would find it 'unusual' for him to be on leave for a holiday so soon, but who knows!

Last edited:
:previous: Doesn't he have a few weeks off before starting with the navy June? I really can't keep up with it all, everyone seems to say different things :lol:

Some families are just more laid back than others when it comes to family events. It is like this with my husband's extended family. Because we don't live close to them, they don't both to invite us to cousin's weddings, etc. The worst one was when we were not told until after the funeral that my husband's dear grandmother had died. I know that we were living in Germany at the time, and it was some years ago when travel was not quite so cheap and easy - but even so!

It is not like that with my family - but then my husband thinks that too much pressure is put on me to go to weddings, funerals, special events, etc. So I can see that things are not always as cut and dried as they seem. What someone might take offence at in one family can be just what is usual in another.

I think the Royal Family are little like this, particularly when the senior members only manage to take holidays at particular times.

^Yeah, families have their eccentricities but look at the context of the royal family. Ample precedent shows that the royal family, even the most "minor" members, are fairly consistent in honoring each other at significant occasions.

I thought William was in the wedding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom