The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Commoner

Prince William and Kate's Striptease Surprise - Couples, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com

"Prince William and Kate's Striptease Surprise" - People.com article

Some quotes:

In a rare display of public affection, Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton cozied up on the dance floor Thursday at a raucous (and risqué!) charity event in London.

Middleton – in a pink strapless dress with a pleated skirt and a flower at her waist – kissed her boyfriend of five years as the pair boogied.

"They looked happy and so in love," says a guest at the burleque themed-bash. "Kate was smiling so widely and they looked like there was no one else in the world when they were dancing."

Alas, no photos :)

Old 04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Courtier

new pics of Kate today..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...irdressers.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...airdress-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...airdress-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...airdress-1.jpg

Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

When was the last time you saw pics of her shopping? And this was the second time this year she's been seen out partying (the other one being her birthday party). 2 parties in 4 months - truly a useless party lifestyle . I guess it's safe to say she does have something else to spend her time with but shopping and "bar hopping" and she does not owe it to anyone to let it be known what it is. Or would you like her to give interviews or hand out press releases about her every move.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I can't say that I noticed anything remarkable about her boots other than they look pretty and comfortable. What I did notice was her ability to give a radiant smile to intrusive papparazzi instead of scowling or shielding her face. She has a great deal more grace about being under seige on the street than I would have.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Kate has a lot of grace. A lot of young women would feel badly dealing with the sort of criticism she's had and would have head for the hills by now. She's hung in too long for her to be with William just because she wants to nab a Prince. She must really love him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Well, I can't say that I noticed anything remarkable about her boots other than they look pretty and comfortable. What I did notice was her ability to give a radiant smile to intrusive papparazzi instead of scowling or shielding her face. She has a great deal more grace about being under seige on the street than I would have.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Aristocracy

According to the Mail, Kate is not going to William's graduation.

it seemed silly to post the article since the whole thing except for one line was about Charles and Camilla. :)
Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Commoner

There actually is a separate article in the Daily Mail talking about Kate missing William's graduation

'Ban' on Kate seeing RAF pilot William win his wings as he tries to keep her out of limelight | the Daily Mail

I think it's perfectly understandable (and smart) that she should avoid the ceremony... especially that Charles and Camilla are attending. It would draw far too much attention, and the more this couple stays out of the limelight, the better it is for them.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

When Prince William receives his pilot's wings at his graduation ceremony on Friday, Kate Middleton will not be there to watch him

'Ban' on Kate seeing RAF pilot William win his wings as he tries to keep her out of limelight | the Daily Mail

Quote:
But it is widely believed that the embarrassingly "middle-class" behaviour of her mother, Carole - who chewed gum throughout the ceremony and is said to have used words such as "toilet" and "pardon" in front of the Queen - contributed towards their break-up last April
Oh what rubbish, I was reading their fairytale about Charles and Camilla's marriage and I thought 'could the D***y Mail get any worse', it appears from this article the answer is a resounding yes!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But it is widely believed that the embarrassingly "middle-class" behaviour of her mother, Carole - who chewed gum throughout the ceremony and is said to have used words such as "toilet" and "pardon" in front of the Queen - contributed towards their break-up last April
I don't think I have ever read anything so ridiculous, widely believed or just a figment of the DM imagination

I don't know how reliable it is but apparently William, Kate and Harry were at a wedding together yesterday. Wills' Heir Kisses - The Sunday Mail
Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Commoner

the wedding was one of william's many ex girlfriendsgot to kiss the bride did he
Old 04-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendroyal View Post
the wedding was one of william's many ex girlfriendsgot to kiss the bride did he
I expect he did, with permission from the brides husband, Tom.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I expect he did, with permission from the brides husband, Tom.
Is there a reason why the groom is known as Tom Hewitt and not by his first name James?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Is there a reason why the groom is known as Tom Hewitt and not by his first name James?
I expect like many children, he doesn't use his first name in real life, I have no idea why. Perhaps I should have put - Hon. James Thomas Wingfield Hewitt.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

I'd love to see pictures from the wedding, if anyone has any links.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Courtier

^ ^ I don't think there are any, there seems to be only the one article about them attending the wedding and that came with no photographs
Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

I don't believe the Queen has even met Kate's parents and so have no grudge towards them.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Somehow I couldn't imagine the Queen pressuring William to break up with someone due to their mother using the word "toilet" and "pardon." Maybe Kate's mother's hairdresser has even more serious issues, or the hairdresser's boyfriend's cousin's gardener's wife's nephew did drugs!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Courtier

I agree, wbenson. There is every reason to believe that HMQ couldn't care less about such allegedly, infra-dig comments. Indeed, there's considerable evidence to the contrary.

That she'd encourage her grandson, William, to cut his relationship with anyone, based on what his friend's mother might or might not have said, is high fancy ,and something of an assault on Her Majesty's frequently and keenly observed ,common sense.

Critics are confusing Queen Elizabeth's imagined opinion with that of Nancy Mitford's "U and Non-U" which is, today, regarded as an outdated fossil of aristocratic life, though it does have a certain archeological charm.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
I agree, wbenson. There is every reason to believe that HMQ couldn't care less about such allegedly, infra-dig comments. Indeed, there's considerable evidence to the contrary.
Okay, it's not the marriage of an heir apparent but it is obvious HM has no qualms when it comes to the marriages of her grandchildren if we take a look at what has been reported about Autumn Kelly's background...

So I think for HM and the duke (who is, in my opinion, the patriarch of the Windsors) the person is important and the question if the future spouse of a grandchild will be a reliable partner. By tradition the queen won't have that much contact with the family of her in-laws, except at the wedding and at baptisms/funerals, so I doubt she bothers too much.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Courtier

I think it's meaningful kate was there...

Tags
kate middleton, prince william