Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note we have a thread for the reports of William receiving his RAF wings while Kate was in attendance, here.

I've moved the posts about the Daily Mail's exposé of Autumn Kelly's family and distant relations to the Peter & Autumn thread.

Kate has several things going for her that make her perfect to become William's eventual Queen consort. She is lovely, has a nice sense of fashion, and her dark hair will be a great backdrop for a tiara. She is discreet, manages to take the constant press attention pretty much in stride and doesn't embarrass her royal beau's family. Her loyalty and ability to keep her mouth shut are legend. Whether or not these two ever marry is anyone's guess, however William will be hard pressed to find another girl willing to take on the role and the pressure that comes with being his "girl". I can only assume they love one another, I would hate to see the sins of the parents revisited with William and his wife.

We don't know how much inspiration Kate will bring to the BRF until she is a member of the BRF. Until such time as she and William wed, she can't really do anything. If she were, for example, to start a charity or become patron of a charity or involved in one to any extent she would be vilified for it IMHO. The press would devour her for presuming to act as a Princess when she isn't one.

I think Kate is doing just fine and we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. It is entirely possible that Kate's time as supposed Princess in Waiting is actually time as Princess in Training.

Cat

I like what I've seen of Kate and so far have not read anything clearly negative about her. All these posts of her laziness and lack of ambition are suppositions rather than facts, and until I actually see her, on tv, saying she is just waiting to get married and living off her trust fund, I won't believe a word of it :p

It's all too easy to villify someone who is constantly in the public eye, I think it's rather disgusting how everyone nowadays can instantly judge celebrities or politicians based on unflattering or miscaptioned photos (Barack Obama in his african tribal clothing being portrayed as a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, for one?)

Is it really so difficult to find something to like in her once in a while? Or would that just result in us not having anything to talk or argue about :D

And there is absolutely nothing to suggest that she hasn't done any, there is very little known about Kate's day to day life. And if she indeed has not done any charity work lately to presume that this means she won't want to do any later is a bit of a stretch. With the exception of Camilla, I don't remember the other Crown Princess having a long history in working with charities and I don't remember anyone questioning if they would become involved with them. Considering all the years Kate has spent in the spotlight the only thing that I can say for sure about her is that she really likes her boots:D

We don't exactly know for sure whether she is charismatic or not. We hardly know anything about her at all, really. She could have a ton of a charisma, we just haven't seen her in situations where it can really come out. She's not chatty with the press, so we don't know really very many concrete facts about her.The difference between her and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark is that Mary actually has charities and things like that to support, and has pictures and videos taken of her doing them. She has to show some sort of enthusiasm for it; it's part of her job. If Miss Middleton marries into the British Royal Family, being in the Royal Family will be her job as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate and her mother and family went clubbing the other night. lol. Yep. That's the way to get into the royal family.

:previous:
Is there a source with details of the outing?

Last edited:
Thanks for the news link Amelia. :flowers:

So the full story is that Kate went out with her father, mother and sister. It puts a different slant to "mother...goes clubbing with the kids" as posted earlier.

ETA.. Jo was being facetious Amelia.

Last edited:
Thanks for the news link Amelia. :flowers:

So the full story is that Kate went out with her father, mother and sister. It puts a different slant to "mother...goes clubbing with the kids" as posted earlier.

ETA.. Jo was being facetious Amelia.

Warren, please, don't use words about me that I have to look up in a dictionary first.:D But I agree, of course...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jo was being facetious Amelia.

Thank you :flowers: I got it eventually, my only excuse is that I had a very late, wild night and a very early start this morning :lol:

It puts a different slant to "mother...goes clubbing with the kids" as posted earlier.

I have found that the truth is usually a different story, if people would only take the time to find it instead of always presuming the worst:whistling:

This thread had better not be turning into another dissection of whether Kate should have a full-time job, what sort of job she should be having, and why her current job (whatever it may be) doesn't count as a real job. This is really getting tedious. It isn't a discussion about current events, it's an excuse to complain. We have a chat room now if people want to go and bitch about how much they loathe her, so there's no excuse for clogging the threads with it.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Some posts have been removed.
While informed and intelligent criticism of royal and public figures is welcomed, bitchy and snide posts are not. It's all about the tone. Nor are gossip and innuendo substitutes for facts in putting forward a point of view.

Warren
British Forums moderator

nodonut.gif

One of my aunts is an actress in Asia. From all the tabloids that you'd read, you'd think all she did year-round is go to glamour shoots or fancy dinners with celebrity friend :D I'm sure some people would think that, even though she manages a couple of businesses on the side aside from acting and works just as much as anyone else I know. Poor Kate, such vitriol from people who know only of her from news articles :(

her brother james was also out clubbing you can see him in soe of the pictures - he never gets much mention it is always Pippa and her mother!!!

her brother james was also out clubbing you can see him in soe of the pictures - he never gets much mention it is always Pippa and her mother!!!
I think that the reason they all went out was because it was his 21st Birthday and the poor boy wasn't even mention, just her parents and her sister :lol:

she has a brother?! who knew!

:D He drove he from their parents' house the day after the April "breakup" and he sat next to her at the Diana concert. I don't know much about him except he graduated from edinburgh university, I think...... maybe last year he graduated? oh and of course,he went to marlborough college just like his sisters.

:D He drove he from their parents' house the day after the April "breakup" and he sat next to her at the Diana concert. I don't know much about him except he graduated from edinburgh university, I think...... maybe last year he graduated? oh and of course,he went to marlborough college just like his sisters.
Here's James, at Diana's concert:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

They are attractive siblings overall...

From LadyCat's Daily Mail link above:

"Kate has all her things there and asked William and Harry if they would allow her to build a gym," says a Royal aide.

Surely she would have asked Charles, since it's his house. The "Royal aide" doesn't seem very clued in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom