Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 4: February-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bang:don't get me wrong .I want william to be happy,but there should be more dating before settlingfor the safe choice doesn't make it love.
How on earth do you know if William is settling for Kate? He has had other relationships in the past that didn’t work out for whatever reasons, now he is in a relationship with Kate. The only people that know what is going on in William and Kate’s relationship are William and Kate, not the newspapers, not the magazines and no matter what speculation these publications throw around William and Kate will do what they decide they want to do.

I think she is one of the most beautiful women to enter into the brf. She seems lovely and sweet. I wish them all the best.

I think she is pretty girl next door type, but not incredibly beautiful.

kate is that sort of girls in waiting to get married as best as possible. that's it - nothing more nothing less. somehow boring that story but not unusual.

if william and kate are going to get married, i think they're going about it in the right way...taking it slow. look what happened when his parents were rushed into getting married.

Yes, and they have the good example of Edward and Sophie to follow as well. They didn't let anyone rush them, and things seem to have turned out very well for the Wessexes and their marriage.

if william and kate are going to get married, i think they're going about it in the right way...taking it slow. look what happened when his parents were rushed into getting married.

In this article you'll find two pic of William and Catherine and it says that they attended "a function" with Harry in London.

Prince Harry returns to active duty at Mahiki with party-going Bea and Eugenie | the Daily Mail

Does anyone knows what kind of function that would have been? They are described as "being on duty", but then William does not wear a tie and opened his shirt?
Jo - The "active duty" is only meant to be a joke, given how often Harry and crew show up at Mahiki!

The article says that they were at a function in aid of Henry Van Straubenzee.
Earlier in the day the group were together at a function in aid of close friend Henry Van Straubenzee, who went to Ludgrove prep school in Berkshire with Harry. Van Straubenzee was tragically killed in a car accident during his gap year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William and Kate's Striptease Surprise - Couples, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com

"Prince William and Kate's Striptease Surprise" - People.com article

Some quotes:

In a rare display of public affection, Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton cozied up on the dance floor Thursday at a raucous (and risqué!) charity event in London.

Middleton – in a pink strapless dress with a pleated skirt and a flower at her waist – kissed her boyfriend of five years as the pair boogied.

"They looked happy and so in love," says a guest at the burleque themed-bash. "Kate was smiling so widely and they looked like there was no one else in the world when they were dancing."

Alas, no photos :)

When was the last time you saw pics of her shopping? And this was the second time this year she's been seen out partying (the other one being her birthday party). 2 parties in 4 months - truly a useless party lifestyle :rolleyes:. I guess it's safe to say she does have something else to spend her time with but shopping and "bar hopping" and she does not owe it to anyone to let it be known what it is. Or would you like her to give interviews or hand out press releases about her every move.

Well, I can't say that I noticed anything remarkable about her boots other than they look pretty and comfortable. What I did notice was her ability to give a radiant smile to intrusive papparazzi instead of scowling or shielding her face. She has a great deal more grace about being under seige on the street than I would have.

I think that Kate has a lot of grace. A lot of young women would feel badly dealing with the sort of criticism she's had and would have head for the hills by now. She's hung in too long for her to be with William just because she wants to nab a Prince. She must really love him.

Well, I can't say that I noticed anything remarkable about her boots other than they look pretty and comfortable. What I did notice was her ability to give a radiant smile to intrusive papparazzi instead of scowling or shielding her face. She has a great deal more grace about being under seige on the street than I would have.

According to the Mail, Kate is not going to William's graduation.

it seemed silly to post the article since the whole thing except for one line was about Charles and Camilla. :)

When Prince William receives his pilot's wings at his graduation ceremony on Friday, Kate Middleton will not be there to watch him

'Ban' on Kate seeing RAF pilot William win his wings as he tries to keep her out of limelight | the Daily Mail

But it is widely believed that the embarrassingly "middle-class" behaviour of her mother, Carole - who chewed gum throughout the ceremony and is said to have used words such as "toilet" and "pardon" in front of the Queen - contributed towards their break-up last April
Oh what rubbish, I was reading their fairytale about Charles and Camilla's marriage and I thought 'could the D***y Mail get any worse', it appears from this article the answer is a resounding yes! :bang:

But it is widely believed that the embarrassingly "middle-class" behaviour of her mother, Carole - who chewed gum throughout the ceremony and is said to have used words such as "toilet" and "pardon" in front of the Queen - contributed towards their break-up last April

I don't think I have ever read anything so ridiculous, widely believed or just a figment of the DM imagination :whistling:

I don't know how reliable it is but apparently William, Kate and Harry were at a wedding together yesterday. Wills' Heir Kisses - The Sunday Mail

the wedding was one of william's many ex girlfriends:whistling:got to kiss the bride did he:wub:

Is there a reason why the groom is known as Tom Hewitt and not by his first name James? :D
I expect like many children, he doesn't use his first name in real life, I have no idea why. :D Perhaps I should have put - Hon. James Thomas Wingfield Hewitt.

I'd love to see pictures from the wedding, if anyone has any links.

^ ^ I don't think there are any, there seems to be only the one article about them attending the wedding and that came with no photographs :sad:

I don't believe the Queen has even met Kate's parents and so have no grudge towards them.

Somehow I couldn't imagine the Queen pressuring William to break up with someone due to their mother using the word "toilet" and "pardon." Maybe Kate's mother's hairdresser has even more serious issues, or the hairdresser's boyfriend's cousin's gardener's wife's nephew did drugs!

I agree, wbenson. There is every reason to believe that HMQ couldn't care less about such allegedly, infra-dig comments. Indeed, there's considerable evidence to the contrary.

That she'd encourage her grandson, William, to cut his relationship with anyone, based on what his friend's mother might or might not have said, is high fancy ,and something of an assault on Her Majesty's frequently and keenly observed ,common sense.

Critics are confusing Queen Elizabeth's imagined opinion with that of Nancy Mitford's "U and Non-U" which is, today, regarded as an outdated fossil of aristocratic life, though it does have a certain archeological charm.

I agree, wbenson. There is every reason to believe that HMQ couldn't care less about such allegedly, infra-dig comments. Indeed, there's considerable evidence to the contrary.

Okay, it's not the marriage of an heir apparent but it is obvious HM has no qualms when it comes to the marriages of her grandchildren if we take a look at what has been reported about Autumn Kelly's background...

So I think for HM and the duke (who is, in my opinion, the patriarch of the Windsors) the person is important and the question if the future spouse of a grandchild will be a reliable partner. By tradition the queen won't have that much contact with the family of her in-laws, except at the wedding and at baptisms/funerals, so I doubt she bothers too much.

I think it's meaningful kate was there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom