The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Well whatever he does, he clearly has money through family or makes plenty of it. He is well connected...how that happened, who knows...

Old 02-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It means he has a salaried position, though. It's different from ownership.
To be a director normally involves the ownership of shares in that company, especially in smaller companies = financial interest.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Well whatever he does, he clearly has money through family or makes plenty of it. He is well connected...how that happened, who knows...
Ha. Yeah, his family is probably very gentrified country, maybe Gloucestershire, family. As far his social rise, it seems to me as being due, more or less, to his personality. For some reason, he is just one of those people who attracts followers. Understand it or not, like it or not, it seems to be the case with Guy Pelly.

But I agree with you zembla, where you say in other posts that he looks 12! Also I agree with something you once said about him looking like an excited cabbage patch doll!!!! I dunno why, but I think he seems cool. I always kind of liked him for some reason..... hehe

I see what Skydragon means. Since he's director he'd be on the board, and yes, true, must have a share in the company profits.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfu,nva View Post
from wikipedia: Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, Berkshire, England and was baptised in the Church of England.[1] She is the elder daughter of businessman Michael Francis Middleton, an airline pilot at the time of her birth.[2][3] Her mother, Carole Elizabeth Middleton, née Goldsmith, was a flight attendant (air hostess). Her mother's family has coal-mining roots tracing back to Hetton-le-Hole, in .......
I wonder if Mrs. Middleton is related to Sir James Goldsmith and his daughter, Jemima Khan.

Remember the recent book that alleged that Sir JamesGoldsmith was Diana's real father? Wouldn't that make for a twisted family tree if it were true.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
To be a director normally involves the ownership of shares in that company, especially in smaller companies = financial interest.
must be a UK thing because thats not true on this side of the pond.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William's lawyers are threatening fresh legal action to stop paparazzi following his girlfriend Kate Middleton

Prince's lawyers warn paparazzi off Middleton - Telegraph
Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
must be a UK thing because thats not true on this side of the pond.
That's why I put "normally involves the ownership of shares in that company, especially in smaller companies".
Quote:
No, there is no requirement for directors to also be shareholders unless the company's own Articles of Association state this.
However, as the shareholders are responsible for appointing the directors it is common for the shareholders to also be the directors of small companies.
Company Director, Appointing a Company Director - SFS
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Prince William's lawyers are threatening fresh legal action to stop paparazzi following his girlfriend Kate Middleton

I haven't seen any new pics of Kate for weeks now. Which event does this complaint refer to?
Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
I haven't seen any new pics of Kate for weeks now. Which event does this complaint refer to?
The article doesn't name an event, but it does say - Harbottle and Lewis have already obtained "disturbing" footage of the paparazzi outside Miss Middleton's London home to support any complaint - so they are probably pictures that just showed her leaving the house to go out, un-newsworthy that nobody dare publish!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:

Again? Have the paparazzi been following her lately? It seems like their pictures have not been selling well, no? Maybe it's just me but it seems to be a slow period in Kate candids. Maybe the paps are still following and photographing, but magazines aren't buying the pics?? The agencies could be stockpiling candid photos because they know after engagement announcements, the value of the pics will go way up.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Courtier

I haven't seen any pics of her lately...but I don't see the big deal. She is technically a celebrity now...I have a feeling she has no problem dealing with it. And if she does, hire a bodyguard...her parents have the money.

I agree though...the value of her pics is probably nothing at the moment because they can't write any stories about her to correlate with the pics at the moment. And tabs don't buy her pics to highlight her style like most celebs, since she has no style, so...
Old 02-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Courtier

I think it is more a case of the paparazzi following her waiting for something to happen. Candid photographs of her walking across the street aren’t of that much interest to anyone but ones of her with William would be worth a lot. They don’t know when she will be meeting him again so they follow her to make sure they don’t miss it or anything of interest that she might be doing. It must be a very strange way to live your day to day life, someone always following you.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Nobility

New article from News of the World
Prince William makes Kate take back seat for a year | News | News of the World
Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
"SECRET PACT - may PROPOSE - no uncertain terms - Our source said"

Oh please!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Courtier

I sometimes feel I’ve been reading the same articles for the last 3 years. They getting married, no they’re breaking up; Kate’s tired of waiting, no Kate’s happy to wait; they’re getting engaged on her birthday, no Easter, no Christmas, no Halloween. Gosh, I don’t think that they could make it any clearer that they have no idea what William and Kate’s plans are. All this speculating they are doing is getting annoying.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton » Blog Archive » Wills & Kate: Cooling Off
Old 02-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Serene Highness

The SECRET PACT OF PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON
EL PACTO SECRETO DE GUILLERMO DE INGLATERRA Y KATE MIDDLETON

From HOLA!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for posting that, Hilal, but could you please give us a brief English-language summary of the article? Most of the people reading this thread won't be able to understand it.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:17 AM

^The article mentions the supposed "secret pact" between the couple, as the News of the World had formerly proposed.

It goes on to speculate about William's desire to focus on his military and diplomatic training over the next two years, first in the RAF and RN this year, then in the Foreign Office next year.

It then quotes "friends of Kate" in suggesting that she has accepted the "imposed conditions" of the "secret pact", but speculates about "other sources" who claim that Kate is fearful that the passage of more time, without her influence, will cool William's feelings toward her.

It also mentions the well-known history of the five-year relationship, with Kate gaining the nickname by the magazines ("Waity Kaity") and proposes that her lack of continual occupation since quitting Jigsaw might make it difficult for her to have a productive life during this two more years of waiting.

So, in short, nothing revolutionary, or unsaid many times before.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
So, in short, nothing revolutionary, or unsaid many times before.
But thank you for the interpretation.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william