The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Nobility

I sorta, kinda remember something about it, though I think they had been dating for a while (living together at Buck House IIRC) when it happened. Wasn't it Land Rover the broo-hah was over?

At any rate, the probability of Kate finding anyone to employ her are very slim, she doesn't have the funds to start her own business and reportedly doesn't want to ask her parents for funding, and there is very little she can do that she isn't already doing. At this point it would be a little self serving to start a business she would have to sell or close in a couple of years just to get the media off her back regarding her employment (or lack thereof). I am fairly sure the Queen realizes this and has voiced no concern over Kate's lack of employment. If anyone knows how the media works with regard to new and potential new members of the BRF, it would be Her Majesty. After all, she was around for the Diana and Fergie show!

Cat

Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

It's ridiculous and insulting to claim Kate's value as a person will be somehow enhanced by having a pay-check. The minute an engagement is announced, she would be expected to quit right away to avoid claims of using her royal connection. No one really knew why she quit Jigsaw aside from DM or NOTW etc claiming she wanted to get into photography. It could well be the hounding from paps that done tip the scale. If her family and friends, and boyfriend, all support her, what's the rest of us to accuse her of being lazy or useless. Some of the same papers are acting like they have never seen a society girl without much education, let alone a job, going about town.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Aristocracy

I think the DM article is complete maddness.

The poor girl tried to keep a full time job but the media made it impossible for her by a huge pack of paperazzi following her every move. The royals would have hated this coverage of what she was wearing everyday. They much prefer to have a lower profile in their day to day lives. The Queen would realise this - she is one smart cookie - and I believe Kate would have been encouraged to give up and take a lower profile until the wedding.

Totally agree with what has been said about the comparisons with Sophie (have the mail forgotten Sophie and the Shek). Sophie didn't wasn't a draw for the paperazzi.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Nobility

I agree with most of what has been said about this - i mean how much of the DM's article is made up in regard to "unnamed sources" and its unfiar to expect Kate (ops - i mean Catherine) to get a job only to then ask her to drop it again as soon as she marries.

However the fact she doesn't seem to want to get a job annoys me as in my opinion its shows a young lady who has no ambition or drive. Even if she did voulenteer work or something it would make me see her differently. I can't imagine sitting at home all day every day not doing much apart from working out and luching. And the idea of Kate waiting for Willaim to be free to do something just makes me cringe beyond beleif - she's a young 21st century woman, get out and do stuff by yourself girl!

In seriousness i do worry about her shyness to do anything -even if its not a job.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator

A new month and a new thread.

The Wills 'n Kate show rolls on to part 5, here.



Tags
kate middleton, prince william