The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Nobility

Ahhh, so that's what it is! Thanks for reminding me, Amelia. What was I thinking! I must have had a blond moment. Honestly, to be naive enough to think reporters and journalist actually report.

Unless and until I am proved wrong next weekend, I will continue to believe William and Kate are planning to attend the wedding. Missing his cousin's wedding to go on holiday just doesn't ring true for several reasons, not the least of which is that they will be roasted slowly over a hot fire in the court of public opinion!

Cat

Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

It might be a matter of national security. There will be a LOT of unknowns and foreigners in the lot at the wedding, and rarely will they risk having Prince Charles AND Prince William AND Prince Henry at the same event ALONG WITH THE QUEEN!

It's simply protocol.

R.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

No it isn't. HM, Charles, William and Harry have been present at several huge events together. Security doesn't forbid them to be at the same place at the same time.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
It might be a matter of national security. There will be a LOT of unknowns and foreigners in the lot at the wedding, and rarely will they risk having Prince Charles AND Prince William AND Prince Henry at the same event ALONG WITH THE QUEEN!

It's simply protocol.

R.
They all attend many functions such as Church together. If William takes Kate away for another expensive vacation when he agreed to be one of the Ushers the media will have a field day. And to give such a short notice of changing his mind -- would be just plain rude. The reason/excuse being Kate feels if she goes she will take away from the bride. Nice thought, but I doubt anyone will take the limelight away from the bridal couple.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:41 PM

On Holiday

I've just heard that Prince William and Kate Middleton have gone on holiday. My mate works at Heathrow who saw them get on a flight.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Maybe they will be back by Saturday since can't William not Peter wedding since he was goning to be an Usher. Where was the flight going?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Majesty

They can easily be back for Saturday, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
Maybe they will be back by Saturday since can't William not Peter wedding since he was goning to be an Usher. Where was the flight going?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Nobility

I'm just inserting an opinion:

IF William is going to miss his cousin's wedding (who I've heard being call someone he "leant on" after the death of his mother), I will be very shocked, and a bit disgusted. Unlike a lot of people here I like Kate (I have my reasons!!), but it will really disgust me if she would go along with this when she made sure that William didn't back out of their date to her cousin's wedding after their break up last year. It just seems completely inappropriet to be missing Peters wedding for a holiday, no matter how long they've been seperated because of his duties (that's how it's going to be a lot of the time when he becomes Prince of Wales, and eventually King, so they might as well get used to it, and start learning to spend some time together IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, possibly at home, watching TV or something, you don'ct have to be on a beach in the Carribean or the Med to have alone time together).
Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Commoner

I would be happy to know your reasons to like Miss Middleton. I have no reasons to dislike or to like her.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM

Unfortunatly my mate doesn't know where the destination was.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Even if he did I certainly hope he wouldn't be telling people.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy

Wedding

I hope he will be back before the wedding this weekend.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

she probably just wants to get a tan for the wedding so i guess they will be back - remember they were on holidays prior to Laura's wedding

Old 05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Majesty

Yes, exactly. I'd imagine that there's some kind of confidentiality paragraph as part of the airlines contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post

Even if he did I certainly hope he wouldn't be telling people.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Majesty

Given the speculation about the whereabouts of William and Kate, and if they are already on holiday, I am really surprised no paparazzi shots of them or press stories as to where they might be have so far come to light - especially if they have used commercial flights as suggested previously here!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Given the speculation about the whereabouts of William and Kate, and if they are already on holiday, I am really surprised no paparazzi shots of them or press stories as to where they might be have so far come to light - especially if they have used commercial flights as suggested previously here!

But that's not really that uncommon is it? When they went to the Seychells last year, two pictures only ever came out, and it was several months later...
Old 05-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

While pictures from the island itself might not be expected one might think that some from Heathrow would turn up. There were pictures of Kate at the airport leaving for the Seychelles last summer.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I'am pretty sure they both will attend the wedding!There is no way they will not attend!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Courtier

I don't think Kate should be worried about upstaging anyone, her style isn't good enough to do that, which is how most women do so at weddings...well tacky women who want to take the attention away from the bride on purpose...LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Majesty

According to Daily Mail's Rebecca English, "Kate Middleton will attend Saturday's royal wedding alone while Prince William sees a former girlfriend's brother marry in Africa".
Kate's stand-in role for William at his cousin's wedding | the Daily Mail

Tags
kate middleton, prince william