The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Please. No one worried about upstaging Laura Lopes.
But Laura Lopes was never in line to the throne, whereas cousin Peter is 11th.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

this Daily Mail story just made me laugh

William and Peter are very close so there is NO way that he would miss his wedding for a holiday the only reason would be if he had a public engagement which i highly doubt that the palace would organise. its a different matter whether Kate attends or not

Old 05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

I cannot imagine that William would miss Peter's wedding for a holiday. He seems close to Peter and this joyous event will only happen once where as Will can go on vacation whenever. I truly would be shocked and saddened if William didn't attend but I think this is just a made up story. We'll see in a little over a week.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, Fred and mary doesn't came to Felipe and Letizia's wedding too. But they were on honymoon on this time... Just reminds me about this situation.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
...That said, the Wales' actions can sometimes appear odd.
Yeah, like when Wills & Harry didn't attend Bea's Windsor party because of polo. Not that I care about Bea. But it was weird, because she attended Will's party in 2003, and why couldn't he return the favor?

I don't see what Peter's place in line of succession has to do with it.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I know Charles is concerned about carbon emmissions, but he could have just caught the Easyjet flight from Aberdeen down to Luton and back!
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

I thought William was due to start with the Navy and if so, I would find it 'unusual' for him to be on leave for a holiday so soon, but who knows!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Doesn't he have a few weeks off before starting with the navy June? I really can't keep up with it all, everyone seems to say different things
Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Nobility

Some families are just more laid back than others when it comes to family events. It is like this with my husband's extended family. Because we don't live close to them, they don't both to invite us to cousin's weddings, etc. The worst one was when we were not told until after the funeral that my husband's dear grandmother had died. I know that we were living in Germany at the time, and it was some years ago when travel was not quite so cheap and easy - but even so!

It is not like that with my family - but then my husband thinks that too much pressure is put on me to go to weddings, funerals, special events, etc. So I can see that things are not always as cut and dried as they seem. What someone might take offence at in one family can be just what is usual in another.

I think the Royal Family are little like this, particularly when the senior members only manage to take holidays at particular times.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:15 PM

^Yeah, families have their eccentricities but look at the context of the royal family. Ample precedent shows that the royal family, even the most "minor" members, are fairly consistent in honoring each other at significant occasions.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Courtier

I thought William was in the wedding...
Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Majesty

That was rumoured, but there's never been official confirmation of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I thought William was in the wedding...
Old 05-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I do not believe for one second that Prince William will not be attending Peter Phillips wedding in May. It's even rumoured that William will be one of peters best men. As for Kate attending the wedding without William well i just wonder did Kate recieve an invitation of her own or is she Williams plus one??
because if she recieved an invitation on her own, yes it maybe odd but she is well within her right to attend the ceremony if william is missing it.

And mentioned earlier was the fact that Prince Frederik and Princess Mary didn't attend the wedding of Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia. This is a completly different matter, they were on there honeymoon i wouldn't expect them to fly back from that just for a royal wedding. and William and Kate arent' even married.

x
Old 05-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Nobility

I feel the same way. The D---- Mail story about Peter and Autumn made it sound like William and Kate were already on holiday, which we know isn't true due to Williams public appearances in Wales and Lancashire.

Cat
Old 05-10-2008, 11:58 AM

^Was it the Mail? I forgot already.... I thought it was the Sun. But anyway, it is a wacko story, and would be even more wacko if it turns out to be true. I agree that it's unlikely. And I also hope it's not true, because Peter is too close of a friend and cousin to William for William's missing his wedding just for a holiday (if it was something "work" related, I guess it would be less weird). Yes, Fred & Mary were on honeymoon, and besides, the DRF was represented at Felipe's wedding, probably Queen Margrethe & Henrik, but I forgot, so probably no one was offended there.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Nobility

Mail/Sun - is there a difference????

Cat

BTW it could have been the sun, I'm so accustomed to laying everything at the Mail's door I could have it wrong.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Nobility

I can't figure out why the word "tryst" is used and why the question mark. It's a holiday, not a clandestine meeting! If they are reporting something one thinks the "?" would be unnecessary. All IMO, of course.

Sunday Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Columnists :: Mustique tryst for Prince William & Kate Middleton?

Cat
Old 05-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Courtier

I think they are reporting the possibility that they are going on a tryst to Mustique so they placed the "?" at the end.

I wonder if they are taking this holiday everyone is talking about before Saturday or if they will go after the wedding.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Nobility

I know. I am continually amazed how speculation becomes a story. Whatever happened to reporting the news, rather than guessng what the news might be?

Cat
Old 05-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Theres an article in the daily mail today about the rebranding of Chelsy Davy in time for the wedding next week.
But it also mention that the happy new couple will be away for the wedding?
I was doubted this illuded fantasy story that the press was making up but know my mind is thinking differently.
Here's the article.
The rebranding of Princess Chelsy: Prince Harry's girlfriend ditches the miniskirts and Red Bull as she prepares to meet The Queen | the Daily Mail
??
I didn't think that william would choose kate over a family wedding, and one such as this so close the the 'innner circle' it;s not like a wedding of a cousins son or something this is Peter Phillips his own cousin?
R.D
x
Old 05-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
.........Whatever happened to reporting the news, rather than guessng what the news might be?

Cat
It is the new style of journalism - keep guessing and something will eventually turn out to be right

Quote:
I didn't think that william would choose kate over a family wedding, and one such as this so close the the 'innner circle' it;s not like a wedding of a cousins son or something this is Peter Phillips his own cousin?
It is not even a matter of choosing Kate over the wedding as all sources say that both she and Chelsy are invited. I really don't what to think about the whole holiday Vs wedding story, I do know I will be very surprised if he does go away. He can go on holidays anytime, Peter and Autumn are only going to get married once.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william