Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to part 3 of the Prince William and Kate Middleton current events thread: January 2008

Part 2 (December 2007) can be found here.

~

I know that no one here can know for sure, but since we are expressing our personal beliefs, here's mine: I believe that William and Kate do care about each other and have a kind of love for each other ("whatever love means"). :D However, Kate is a very "safe" girlfriend for William. She is willing to put up with the crap (which is good) and happy to accept the perks (why not?) and she is just an all-around safe person to commit to.
But honestly, if William had the option of being with a Jessica Craig, if Jessica would have him, I have to wonder ......... would he be with Kate now? I don't know. But I wonder. And, I must confess, a tiny part of me hopes, because I always rooted for Jecca.... but mostly, I hope I am wrong, because Kate seems to be the one he will marry, and I want him to marry the one he truly loves and not just the "safe one".

I know that no one here can know for sure, but since we are expressing our personal beliefs, here's mine: I believe that William and Kate do care about each other and have a kind of love for each other ("whatever love means"). :D However, Kate is a very "safe" girlfriend for William. She is willing to put up with the crap (which is good) and happy to accept the perks (why not?) and she is just an all-around safe person to commit to.
But honestly, if William had the option of being with a Jessica Craig, if Jessica would have him, I have to wonder ......... would he be with Kate now? I don't know. But I wonder. And, I must confess, a tiny part of me hopes, because I always rooted for Jecca.... but mostly, I hope I am wrong, because Kate seems to be the one he will marry, and I want him to marry the one he truly loves and not just the "safe one".

I guess we all want him to find a content happiness like the one his father found later in life and would all be glad if this could be had right from the start.

When I think of the Windsors, I believe one important character trait is that they are normally content with their chosen spouse (with the exclusion of Charles but in that case I think he was taken in by Diana acting as a girl with the same interestes as him). If William is like his ancestors, then marrying Catherine might turn out to be a good decision. Maybe the won't have an "Amour Fou" but surely they are both able to have an amicable marriage on a friendship basis.

Let's hope that Kate understands exactly what is is that she would be committing to besides William. That, I think was part of the problem with Diana and Charles. Also, they truly had nothing in common to bond them once the blush of romance died. I hope for both their sake that one way or the other things work out for the best.

I have no proof whatsoever BUT I don't think that Kate really is HRH Prince William's girlfriend.

There is far too much of it now,which no longer rings true.

Kate seems to be very discreet and sensible so I think that she'll be an excellent Queen.

I was quite excited also to find out that she and I share a distant ancestor - Sir Philip Meadows who was one of Cromwell's ambassadors! He wasn't a Royalist like me, apparently!

Best Regards,
Attaining Grace

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't believe that they are indeed looking for a house. Kate may be looking for one but not a later royal residence more a private weekend house for herself maybe to get away from the constant attention in London - if at all, IMO. William is said to be very busy with his military training this year so that they'll only see each other on weekends. Hardly the time to move into a house together. Even those who expect a marriage have 2009 as the most plausible date in mind. So looking for a shared house now would be rather premature.

I have no proof whatsoever BUT I don't think that Kate really is HRH Prince William's girlfriend.

There is far too much of it now,which no longer rings true.

Welocme to the forums!

You need no proof here for speculations if you can give reasons for thinking so - only if you claim that something is the truth you need to be able to name a reliable source.

So I for one would be interested in hear more about your feelings that some things don't ring true.... :flowers:

Astrologically speaking, William was ready for love in Summer 2003 and will be again in Winter 2008/09, and will be ready to commit to marriage in late Autumn 2010.
I don't know if this will be with Kate, but the vibes I get from them is that there is a genuine affection and caring on both sides. I don't know if that will translate to marriage, so we will have to wait and see.

^ The astrological perspective is interesting. It makes a fun change of tune in the thread. We all like talking about what we think will happen, might happen, should happen. Maybe we can take pause and look to the stars. :star:
:zen::yoda::cool:

I dunno maybe it's just me but when it comes to William and Kate I think the people the public see are not who they are behind closed doors. I dunno just my opinion. Or maybe it's just me hoping that in a sense that they are truly in love and she is the right one for him etc.

Last edited:
There does seem to be a true relationship there but what troubles me is that Kate Middleton has quit her job and really not found another career except William. It looks bad to me that she's now just hanging around waiting for a ring and taking vacations with him. She's starting to look like a royal mistress and not a royal girlfriend. She should have kept her job or found another one aside from "photographer" and not be seen out and about all the time until late in the evenings. It just looks bad in my opinion. At least Chelsy was in school and didn't just move up here and party.

Maybe she already knows smth. that we dont!
However, she should commit herself to at least charity work; that would be nice for her!

Let's hope that Kate understands exactly what is is that she would be committing to besides William. That, I think was part of the problem with Diana and Charles. Also, they truly had nothing in common to bond them once the blush of romance died. I hope for both their sake that one way or the other things work out for the best.

IMO Hibou raises a very good point. I wonder if Kate and her family really get it, assuming Kate marries into the RF?
For Charles, a lot of titled families warned their daughters away from marrying him. I seriously doubt the situation improved for William, IMO it probably got worse. The families that didn't want their daughters to marry in the RF were/are a lot closer to the crown then the Middleton's and presumably have a way better idea then the Middleton's on why marrying into the RF isn't a good idea. I wonder if Kate even gets it. It was said Camilla who lived with Charles for years, took her awhile to adjust.

I could see them engaged this year or him with a new girl, it will go either way.

I think or atleast I hope she knows what she's getting into, while I think living with him and being married to him is totally different maybe she's gotten a taste of Royal life to some degree from the time she's reportedly spent with the family but then again that's the tabloids talking.

Hmm very strange bodyguard story, well, in any case, happy birthday dear Katie belle, 26 years in the bag, but if she is getting a burly bodyguard for a birthday present, I should hope the engagement is announced very soon because the UK taxpayers won't like it otherwise.

The only danger to Kate Middleton is her wardrobe. I'd love a bodyguard but do I get one? No. I think this is a bit much unless there's been threats against her or something.

^ So you think the bodyguard story is true, Sam? I'm just curious to know what others are thinking about it. It's odd because we have had these kinds of weird claims in the past, and from the Daily Mail too. But you seem to think this time it's true? :huh:

I know that I will get deleted again for say this, but I think that they should say that they are getting married or stop seeing each other. Others say that she should not have a bodyguard on tax money and that is my point. They need to make the move to get married or stop all of this.

Provided that the story is true I'd find it quite absurd. Either Kate is Wills' fiancee and therefore is entitled to the stuff that goes with it or she is not. Very simple. Besides, in her case I'd see a minder more as an "I am important" *** statement rather than a protection issue. I doubt Daniel Westling enjoys the service of a bodyguard payed for by the swedish taxpayers - and he's dating the heiress, not the 2nd in line.

***sorry, Kate, you are not.

^ So you think the bodyguard story is true, Sam? I'm just curious to know what others are thinking about it. It's odd because we have had these kinds of weird claims in the past, and from the Daily Mail too. But you seem to think this time it's true? :huh:

I don't know if it's true or not but to be honest, it would suprise me if she didn't have a bodyguard. It's not really that wierd a claim and after all the media scrum stuff I did expect it alot sooner.

I do hope that this doesn't force an engagement that otherwise wouldn't be happening. If it's the effect, fine, but it shouldn't be the cause either.

If there have been specific threats against her, then it's not just good for there to be government security for her, it's the duty of the state to protect her from harm (as it would be for any person in danger of harm).

Well the fact that it quotes it's evening edition is strange! Also the article only says that SY are making plans 'in case' they are called on at short notice. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it the Mail that reported last week that William and Catherine are house hunting, in secret? :rolleyes:
The only danger to Kate Middleton is her wardrobe. I'd love a bodyguard but do I get one? No. I think this is a bit much unless there's been threats against her or something.
The only threat I can think of is the blooming media scrum.

You don't need a bodyguard BeatrixFan, you could see them off with one sentence! :ROFLMAO:

The families that didn't want their daughters to marry in the RF were/are a lot closer to the crown then the Middleton's and presumably have a way better idea then the Middleton's on why marrying into the RF isn't a good idea. I wonder if Kate even gets it.
It has been my understanding that Miss Middleton's mother is keen on becoming relatives with the British Royal Family. Let us hope that the mother in question does fully realize the pros and cons of being married into the Royal family.

the bodyguard story sounds pretty serious. i was wondering if perhaps her parents had made the arrangements but i think if that were the case it would be through a private security firm and not scotland yard...IF it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom