Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for her. Testino is one of the best photographers in the world. She could not have a better instructor. Whatever his reasons are for deciding to work with her, we won't know. However, Kate seems very smart and I am sure that she will make the most of this opportunity, marriage proposal or not.

let's not forget that andrew is quite an accomplished photographer as well. he's no testino but his work is great.

^ No, no, not Andrew. He has less time than Testino, as he is busy with UKTI, and golf, and whatever else.... and golf! :lol:

Cool. She won't need protective service in the U.S. as the majority of American citizens either don't care who she is or don't know her. She can go walking in Central Park, take in a Broadway show and party till 6AM without the paps on her tail as she isn't a celebrity here.

Interesting. Wonder what she will do next, probably something with the president of somewhere. Kate is 26 and has no idea what she wants to do with the rest of her life, if William drops her then what will she do. She's just passing time by and waiting for the future king to drop down on one knee.

Well, if William and kate don't get married she has a degree and traing as a buyer and now training as a photographer under one of the most famous photogs around.
Not a bad resume.

Quote:"The guarder of Top Gun wannabe Prince William’s crown jewels attended the exotic cabaret act at London’s O2 Arena.

But it’s lucky the heir wasn’t there because she whooped like one of the hired hands at an astonishing female contortionist known as Snake Girl.

And she whistled in rather a common way at a man who managed to push his entire body through the head of a tennis racquet."

I just read this in the Daily Star. I don't think it was very flattering to Kate.:flowers:

I don't think much of William being called "Top Gun wannabe" either - he's not playing in the military, he's fulfilling duties as the future sovereign. Saying that just makes him sound like a playboy - which out of all of them I think William makes the least likely candidate for the title.

The thing is, a lot of times it's as though people want it both ways - they want the Royals to be "just like them" and enjoy themselves, and yet when they ARE themselves, they say, "eewww, that's SOOOO unbecoming a Royal (or potential Royal)". This really annoys me.

She's twenty-six, she was out with friends, SHE'S HUMAN. Please - has the press not learned anything? :bang: And I'm not just talking about Diana. But I guess that saying "Miss Middleton really seemed to enjoy the show and was enthusiastic about several performers" just doesn't sell papers.

It's a wonder these young men have been able to keep ANY girlfriend. Disgraceful. Now, if she'd flashed the pap, or snogged one of the guys she was out with - YES, by all means - completely NOT suitable behaviour. I'd be thinking, "Sort it out, Kate." But ENJOYING herself?! Please.

And the whole switching/quitting jobs bit? I'm 34, and only found my niche two years ago - went back to school and got a bachelor of nursing degree. I've bounced around in my day - clinical research, spent some time in the military, worked at a university - and I'm neither independently wealthy, a trust fund baby, or royalty. I don't think any less of her for her seeming indecision. Sometimes it takes a while, and I'm sure all the press speculation doesn't help the poor girl. And she has an art degree - it might be harder to figure out just what to do with that once you've got it. Maybe she found out she was bored, or maybe she saw some really great photography work and was inspired by it, or she received a compliment on a photo she took, and thought - YEAH, I can do that...

Sorry - this isn't directed at you :flowers::flowers:. It just really annoys me when these people are pilloried for being people, you know? I'm totally on their side in this, regardless of which royal (or royal Significant Other) is being discussed. It just shows they're human, I think - and makes them more accessible and even MORE "like me" - as much as that is possible.

I don't think much of William being called "Top Gun wannabe" either - he's not playing in the military, -SNIPPED_
Err, yes he is. If he was a fully paid up member of the armed forces, he would have been sent out to one of the conflict zones, he wasn't and it was accepted, IMO, that he would not 'serve'. The same with the RAF, if he wasn't Prince William he would have failed the entrance exams to become a pilot. Nor would he be getting a crash course on how to fly a plane, that has nothing to do with any future role as head of the armed services he may have.

Err, yes he is. If he was a fully paid up member of the armed forces, he would have been sent out to one of the conflict zones, he wasn't and it was accepted, IMO, that he would not 'serve'. The same with the RAF, if he wasn't Prince William he would have failed the entrance exams to become a pilot. Nor would he be getting a crash course on how to fly a plane, that has nothing to do with any future role as head of the armed services he may have.

OK, I concede - in that respect, you are correct. But by the same token, if he wasn't Prince William, he wouldn't be doing any of this in the first place. It's not like he said, oh, hey, Granny, I want to go out and play with the REAL soldiers...so by my mind, he is indeed fulfilling his duties as future sovereign - which so far is following, if memory serves me correctly, pretty much in the footsteps of his father.

OK, I concede - in that respect, you are correct. But by the same token, if he wasn't Prince William, he wouldn't be doing any of this in the first place. It's not like he said, oh, hey, Granny, I want to go out and play with the REAL soldiers...so by my mind, he is indeed fulfilling his duties as future sovereign - which so far is following, if memory serves me correctly, pretty much in the footsteps of his father.
His grandmother, the monarch served in the forces, his father trained with the RAF but also trained and served with the Royal Navy. Whether he said to his father " want to go and play with the real soldiers" or not, he is only going to be a figurehead and although it is considered good training for life, the RAF stint is just playing at it.

It's just too easy to judge being on the outside looking in.

Cool. She won't need protective service in the U.S. as the majority of American citizens either don't care who she is or don't know her. She can go walking in Central Park, take in a Broadway show and party till 6AM without the paps on her tail as she isn't a celebrity here.

I don't think so. The international press will bring attention to her. Most US citizens wont recognise her, but I do think she would have a very small amount of paps with her.

Has anybody ever heard Kate talk? I know she's really not allowed to tell anything to the press but is she allowed to say"hello" or "how are you".

Why she is not allowed to say anything to the press??

I'm sure she'll find a way to be noticed. :lol:

Why she is not allowed to say anything to the press??

She is allowed to, but it would cause her too much drama to talk to them or go all Britney and become BFF's with the paps...LOL

I'm sure she'll find a way to be noticed.
She is allowed to, but it would cause her too much drama to talk to them or go all Britney and become BFF's with the paps...LOL

lol....well i think Cathrine is smart enough not to act like Britney if anything... i mean everyone here sort of knows about her; so eyes will be on her while she's in ny. especially if something shocking happens; which most likely won't happen b/c she seems to be careful and discreet.

on another note though; i still find it interesting that she would take up photography. i mean of course i know she has a degree in art history, but why photography now? i mean it's been years and nothing has been said or hinted about photography before; and now all of a sudden she's going to get some help from a distinguished photographer. i don't wanna agree but it seems like she's just trying to stay busy while William is still in the military. although i think she should do something useful while she waits; something really meaningful that can not only benefit her but others around her. i know i'm sounding like a humanitarian; but she also doesn't have to be like every other stereo typical girl born with a silver spoon in her mouth...right?

I respectfully disagree with you. I am an American, and I see photos of Kate in US Weekly and People all the time. I think that many people would recognize her. I doubt that tons of paparazzi would swarm her, but I do think that she would be recognized on the street.

I see photos of Kate in US Weekly and People all the time. I think that many people would recognize her. QUOTE SHORTENED

I agree. Readers of People and folks who watch the news on a regular basis will know who she is. But it wouldn't be like it is in Britain at all.

Now, according to the British press (The Mirror; I don't know how to make the link), she is going to participate in a 132 mile Amazon River race in September. She does seem to be casting about for ways to fill her day.

The thing is, a lot of times it's as though people want it both ways - they want the Royals to be "just like them" and enjoy themselves, and yet when they ARE themselves, they say, "eewww, that's SOOOO unbecoming a Royal (or potential Royal)". This really annoys me..

I so agree with you ToytownZara! I do think people have unrealistic expectations sometimes. I prefer royals that are a little more dignified but if one wants a down-to-earth royal one must expect some dirt under the fingernails every once in a while. :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree with you. I am an American, and I see photos of Kate in US Weekly and People all the time. I think that many people would recognize her. I doubt that tons of paparazzi would swarm her, but I do think that she would be recognized on the street.

People in America would be more bold about asking for autograph...for no apparent reason except that they recognize her from a tabloid. I have a few ghettotastic friends that would do that...:lol:

She's sort of like another Lauren Conrad in America...famous for just being herself and the company she keeps. People treat her like a star...

Now, according to the British press (The Mirror; I don't know how to make the link), she is going to participate in a 132 mile Amazon River race in September. She does seem to be casting about for ways to fill her day.

Here we go:
Kate Middleton set for Amzon adventure - Mirror.co.uk

Looking forward to the pics - Kate as cox in full war paint on the boat. Hopefully no member of the photo shooting crew will become a victim of the piranhas :D

And another one:
Kate Middleton - a princess in waiting? - Mirror.co.uk

Yeah, it's hard to find something meaningful to do until a prince might pop a question. And he better does otherwise at the end of her 20ies Kate might actually have to think what to do with her life! Who knows if there still will be a Testino option around the corner and watch out Kate, you are not getting younger! There is only a limited time for a woman for a so called career as B VIP in show biz.

The Amazon boat race story is clearly pure fiction but at least it's sort of entertaining. :ROFLMAO:
I'd like to know how Kate occupies her time. She's keeping a much lower profile lately and is only occasionally pictured out and about in London. Except for those rather far-fetched sounding stories about her supposed plans, there's not much in the papers what she's been doing of late. I doubt she strives to be a B celebrity. :ermm: She does look rather happy with her life though and I don't think she's worried about finding something "meaningful" to do.

I don't think Kate wants to be a B celebrity. Don't forget, she met William at University, and has a degree herself. I am sure she will find a decent job, if and when she wants one.

The Amazon boat race story is clearly pure fiction but at least it's sort of entertaining. :ROFLMAO:
I'd like to know how Kate occupies her time. She's keeping a much lower profile lately and is only occasionally pictured out and about in London. Except for those rather far-fetched sounding stories about her supposed plans, there's not much in the papers what she's been doing of late. I doubt she strives to be a B celebrity. :ermm: She does look rather happy with her life though and I don't think she's worried about finding something "meaningful" to do.

Yeah she isn't caught out and about too much lately...who knows what she does...something...:lol:...

People in America would be more bold about asking for autograph...for no apparent reason except that they recognize her from a tabloid. I have a few ghettotastic friends that would do that...:lol:

She's sort of like another Lauren Conrad in America...famous for just being herself and the company she keeps. People treat her like a star...

I have never heard of anyone asking Catherine for an autograph. She is a well known person in the UK, but I don't think anyone has ever once asked for her autograph, and I doubt if anyone in the US would actually consider her to be a celebrity of any kind.

A well known or famous person, yes. But a celebrity, no. So if she visited the US in March for 3 weeks of study with Mario Testino, I think it unlikely that anyone would seek out her autograph or look for her, other than a few international paparrazzi. Manhattan is the type of place that makes it easy to get lost in the crowd.

I have never heard of anyone asking Catherine for an autograph. She is a well known person in the UK, but I don't think anyone has ever once asked for her autograph, and I doubt if anyone in the US would actually consider her to be a celebrity of any kind.

A well known or famous person, yes. But a celebrity, no. So if she visited the US in March for 3 weeks of study with Mario Testino, I think it unlikely that anyone would seek out her autograph or look for her, other than a few international paparrazzi. Manhattan is the type of place that makes it easy to get lost in the crowd.

I don't know about that...people are only going to know that she is well known. In the UK they know who she is for the most part...here most people just know she is famous for something...

^ I don't ever talk about Kate Middleton "in the world"m but I'm just guessing....people here have only a vague idea of how she looks. I am guessing that in the US the name "Kate Middleton" is fairly known because it has been around long enough, since 2004ish tossed about in magazines like People, and everyone in the US knows exactly who her boyfriend is and knows exactly, very well, what he looks like. :lol:

I agree with Zembla that there would be paparazzi tracking her. The paps tracked her to many other corners of the world. They would track her in NYC. People on the streets would notice all the paps around her and know she must be "somebody". Maybe they would not immediately make the connection, but the word would spread, and people would catch on slowly, stupidly. "Kate somebody? Prince William's girlfriend? Oh yeah....." :ROFLMAO: Even in NYC. Yep, where there are always suburban day-trippers and other tourist visitors!!

The Amazon story sounds ridiculously .......... NOT TRUE. AT ALL!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO::lol: It just sounds stupid!

The Amazon story sounds so ridiculously fake. The journalists must have really been searching for something to write about, and weren't talented enough to come up with something that sounded more credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom