Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, Maricar. And I believe that all of the sniping about Kate not having a job or not doing her part is from jealous young girls and some older ones who seem to cast stones from their glass towers all day, every day, while on a paying job, for whom, short of climbing up on a cross and being crucified, Kate will never satisfy.
Thanks, but I'm not jealous nor do I feel the need to cast stones.

Although I always question the critical thinking of anyone who simply resorts to the jealousy "argument".

^ Well said, sgl. She never seemed to like the Jigsaw much. Maybe she was just going through motions. What's the point of doing a job you think is stupid, especially if you can afford to search around for the job/career of your passion?

Thanks Casiraghi!

i agree with you sybilla, i don't like the animal print too, and i dnt like jow she looks with that dress, anyway, what's Afrika!, Afrika! ?

i agree with you sybilla, i don't like the animal print too, and i dnt like jow she looks with that dress, anyway, what's Afrika!, Afrika! ?

Eloise, I haven't seen Afrika! Afrika! but as far as I know is a circus-like show which presents the cultural richness of Africa through musical and dancing performances. It seems to be really good. :)

This is their official website AFRIKA! AFRIKA!

well, here's my two-cents on the Kate job situation. It was my understanding that she was between a rock and a hard spot with William at the time she took the Jigsaw job (it should be noted at this point that the owner is a good friend of her parents). The press and others were hounding her to get a career and get a job or get engaged - the result William split for a while. I think the job at the time gave her a place to go everyday and although she was given equally hard treatment hrs, vacations etc. I do think it bought her time to think. Once things smoothed over with William she felt free to leave it. Let's face it she has an Art History degree. Without a grad degree, jobs in Museums are hard to come by and should she get one she will be given a hard time again for her connections to get the hard to get job ( I know this because I spent my whole career in Museums and I have a grad degree).

Again there is no engagement that we know of (that is not to say that things aren't going on behind the scenes) and she is hard pressed to find something to do with out looking like Paris Hilton partying all the time, so she is now a photographer. So was Lord Snowdon. A pretty safe thing to do we just need to see her doing it. I like Kate Middleton and I wish her well but at the moment she is neither fish nor fowl within the royal family - now that's a tough spot to be in. JMO

Here's an article from the Daily Mail about Kate (as she attended the premiere of Afrika! Afrika!):

Kate Middleton steps for a night on the town as Prince William flies high 150 miles away | the Daily Mail

BTW, I think Kate does look beautiful but I'm not loving her animal print dress...:ermm:

Yeah, I usually think animal prints are kind of tacky looking. I hate leopard print, although I already know I am in the minority of women to feel this way!!! :lol: I just think it looks ugly, but accepted long ago that most women just don't agree with me. :D Anyway, did Kate darken her hair? It looks quite darker, and I am not sure I like it. I like her hair more its (natural?) brown color. :cool:

Animal prints can often look tacky, but Kate is wearing this dress very well. She makes the print look great by pairing it with a simple black sweater and simple shoes. She looks very nice.

Quote:"The guarder of Top Gun wannabe Prince William’s crown jewels attended the exotic cabaret act at London’s O2 Arena.

But it’s lucky the heir wasn’t there because she whooped like one of the hired hands at an astonishing female contortionist known as Snake Girl.

And she whistled in rather a common way at a man who managed to push his entire body through the head of a tennis racquet."

I just read this in the Daily Star. I don't think it was very flattering to Kate.:flowers:

Quote:"The guarder of Top Gun wannabe Prince William’s crown jewels attended the exotic cabaret act at London’s O2 Arena.

But it’s lucky the heir wasn’t there because she whooped like one of the hired hands at an astonishing female contortionist known as Snake Girl.

And she whistled in rather a common way at a man who managed to push his entire body through the head of a tennis racquet."

I just read this in the Daily Star. I don't think it was very flattering to Kate.:flowers:

No it doesn't sound flattering but aren't there some papers that are anti-monarchist so that any chance to do some bashing would happen? Also we are used to seeing her more reserved so I guess the question that needs to be asked is to define whooped. Just a thought.

How interesting....apparently, it all depends on who was watching Kate at the same event. According to Kateie Nicholl at Mail on Sunday, Kate was the epitome of decorum. "She stuck to Royal protocol – only applauding at appropriate intervals. But the fun loving brunette showed her true colours and couldn’t resist a giggle and a wiggle in her seat during the grand finale. I’m sure William would approve."
Katie Nicholl

Mario takes on assistants all the time of well connected family friends like Alexi Lubomirski...he dated Jacquetta Wheeler. Now he is a fairly big photog in his own right...

Maybe she will repay the favor by giving him the commission for her & William's engagement/wedding photos. :doh:
No doubt for an astute businessman, Testino would have taken that possibility into consideration. Just look how he has worked that one photo session with Diana into a semi-official photogrpher for the Wales now. Not to knock on him, just smart business sense.

No doubt for an astute businessman, Testino would have taken that possibility into consideration. Just look how he has worked that one photo session with Diana into a semi-official photogrpher for the Wales now. Not to knock on him, just smart business sense.

Yes, very true, but it is also proof of the likelihood of a wedding for Kate and William. As busy as Testino is, the amount of work he is constantly engaged to do, that he puts anything towards fostering a professional relationship with Kate Middleton, must show his confidence in her royal future. He has too many demands on his time to be wasting it.
:cool:

Yes, very true, but it is also proof of the likelihood of a wedding for Kate and William. As busy as Testino is, the amount of work he is constantly engaged to do, that he puts anything towards fostering a professional relationship with Kate Middleton, must show his confidence in her royal future. He has too many demands on his time to be wasting it.
:cool:
Or he could just be very astute and see another way of boosting his profile....

or uh maybe both anyway what are William and Kate upto now I Know with the RAF There be little of William until April as least I Think so

mario testino is such a talented man, great for kate if she (by any reason) got the chance to learn something from him. apparently it was prince william who put them in touch.

Or he could just be very astute and see another way of boosting his profile....

Well, he has almost every celebrity and notable person in the world boosting his profile. Who among the "who is who" does not wish to be photographed by Testino? How much more boost can his profile receive? But yes, having added Diana, William, Harry, now maybe Kate to his credentials, he is not doing himself any harm. :D

Well, he has almost every celebrity and notable person in the world boosting his profile. Who among the "who is who" does not wish to be photographed by Testino? How much more boost can his profile receive? But yes, having added Diana, William, Harry, now maybe Kate to his credentials, he is not doing himself any harm. :D

On seeing that the queen of Denmark is an active artist, this choice of career is something Catherine could continue even if she married William. Plus the Royal Collections as well as the public would surely profit from having an experienced exhibitor of art (that's the second venue in which Catherine goes at the moment in her professional life) as member of the Royal family.

It has been said that Catherine helped William and Harry organising the concert for Diana - this is another experience which could be very helpful for a future mistress of the Royal Household.

So while it could be seen as Catherine attending the "princess school", she does something which helps her forge connections and get experiences in her chosen professional field of art.

Plus her time as an assistant buyer at an international company does not necessary mean she did only unimportant assistant stuff to the person responisble in reality. I could mean for her to attend all kind of training courses on offer for junior employees of companies. I doubt the media could follow her into her office and see what she actually did. There are all kind of vocational trainings available in such companies and many who would nenefit Catherine on either becoming princess of wales or opening up her own business in the arts.

IMHo she is much too intelligent and has too much charisma/personality for someone who is intellectually or factual "lazy". IMHO she knows already exactly that if their relationship continues as it is going now, she will get an offer of marriage from William. The Hanoverans always had a tendency to stick to their lovers - while most members of reigning houses had affairs, the Welfs of Hannover were known for their fidelity (called "boring habits" back then.) to either their wifes or their lovers. Interestingly enough it was rather the Hanoveran princesses who were in for the scandals - because once they fell in love with a man not their husband, they were so commited that they couldn't let loose and ended up in tragedy. That's why they usually were given the chance to select their husbands for themselves.

So it could well be that Catherine is "the one" for William, but that the time is not right yet to announce an engagement.

I think she could've got in with a major photog without William...she knows plenty of people...as do her parents, socially. Most of those photogs do hand out jobs to people like that...just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom