Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate hits the town with her family to celebrate her birthday - but Wills misses out | the Daily Mail
10th January 2008

Kate hits the town with her family to celebrate her birthday - but Wills misses out

Prince William, like his brother Harry, is known to love a good party but he was nowhere in sight for his own girlfriend's birthday bash.
William was noticeably absent from Kate Middleton's 26th birthday celebrations on Wednesday but the woman many tip to become his bride did not let his no-show hold her back.

Kate managed to fit in a party at her plush Chelsea flat with family and friends and then headed out for dinner before moving on to a club, where she stayed well into the small hours.

It will Happen when it happens im realistic but I Belive itll be as large as 1981 wonder what Church Or Chapel Im only asking in a when/if catergory

wonder what Church Or Chapel Im only asking in a when/if catergory
William's wedding will probably be at Westminster or St Pauls, although I've seen Canterbury Cathedral and it looks really large so that may be a possibility.

I don't think there will be anywhere near the interest there was with Charles & Diana's wedding, and there need not be as much fuss

I think that you're quite wrong here, Roslyn. William is The Heir Apparent, and there will be just as much fanfare and celebration, I'm sure. His grandmother, for one, wouldn't have it otherwise; and quite rightly, too.

I think that you're quite wrong here, Roslyn. William is The Heir Apparent, and there will be just as much fanfare and celebration, I'm sure. His grandmother, for one, wouldn't have it otherwise; and quite rightly, too.

I'm sure there will be all the plenty of formal fanfare and celebration, but I don't think the event will capture the heart and minds of the public the same way. I doubt there'll be as much public interest, largely because there's no fairytale princess factor. As well as that, I don't think it will be promoted the same way for the public. The world has changed so much since 1981, particularly since 11.9.01. All those crowds and street parties would be a terrorist's dream and security service's nightmare.

I could well be wrong though, and of course time will tell.:)

kate was really beautiful during her birthday party!! she was very elegant!!!!

I interpreted Roslyn's comment as meaning that the difference will be in the public reaction, not so much in the style of the royal wedding as effected by the Lord Chamberlain's office or whatever.

It's an interesting thought, I must say. The "Di effect" was quite unique in 1981, the young "Shy Di" mania. I have a hard time imagining a similar public response to Kate, 26,27 years old, obviously no virgin. I can't say I know what the public reaction will be but Roslyn does make an interesting point there.

I can't see the wedding being as big of deal...I think Kate will become more public as far as interviews and stuff like that. But yeah...it won't have the big fairytale aspect especially since so much has been exposed about the royals that the luster of that fantasy has been lost.

Diana came in with the biggest bang ever but by the time she exited, the damage was done...

my apologies. sorry reen, i stand corrected.

I interpreted Roslyn's comment as meaning that the difference will be in the public reaction, not so much in the style of the royal wedding as effected by the Lord Chamberlain's office or whatever.

It's an interesting thought, I must say. The "Di effect" was quite unique in 1981, the young "Shy Di" mania. I have a hard time imagining a similar public response to Kate, 26,27 years old, obviously no virgin. I can't say I know what the public reaction will be but Roslyn does make an interesting point there.

Why is it obvious?

Because they lived together at University, probably at Clarence House, multiple romantic holidays together... the odds of her being a virgin are nil.

And, in the long run, it doesn't matter. Why it mattered 27 years ago is beyond me, but it did.

I don't think William's wedding will reach the same heights of (I'll get flogged for this) hysteria his Mother's wedding did, but it will be a very public, very royal and very much publized event. Zembla is right - there will be no fairytale overtone, no fantasy here. Too much as changed and died over the past 27 years.

I agree, that I don't see the same media frenzy when it comes to William and Kate that Charles and more so Diana caused at the time. If only because William and Kate's relationship has been in the public eye for so long and is much more "real" than Charles and Diana's ever was, IMO. It's hardly possible to sell it as a fairy-tale when they've been a couple for so long and had their problems and difficulties splashed all over the papers. However that's also a reason why I think their marriage would be much more likely to last than any engagement based on a "love at first sight" infatuation. Since they probably know each other inside out by now and made it through tough times together, they stand a chance to lead a royal marriage successfully. Of course there's no guarantee. :flowers:

I agree, that I don't see the same media frenzy when it comes to William and Kate :flowers: QUOTE SHORTENED
We probably will see the same media frenzy, just look at the performance last year on her birthday and of course the speculation. The media will whip the gullible public into a frenzy, it sells papers! :flowers:

Well I sure Kate is a lovely person, but I still do not think her Princess (and heaven help us Queen) material. She is now age 26, doesn't work, spends almost every night in various bars and shops and gets her hair and nails done. She has never expressed any interest in Charity work, unless it was that """""boat race""""" and that was only to promote herself in the media with lots of pictures. Now look at the Queen and Princess Anne (just to name these two) they """"""work"""""".

Well I sure Kate is a lovely person, but I still do not think her Princess (and heaven help us Queen) material. She is now age 26, doesn't work, spends almost every night in various bars and shops and gets her hair and nails done. She has never expressed any interest in Charity work, unless it was that """""boat race""""" and that was only to promote herself in the media with lots of pictures. Now look at the Queen and Princess Anne (just to name these two) they """"""work"""""".
HM didn't 'work', if she had not become Queen, she wouldn't have gone out to earn her living. Many girls and women do not have to seek any employment. Do you have any links to show she spends 'almost every night in various bars', do you have any links to show that she spends her time in bars even twice a week? Why wouldn't she get her nails and hair done, millions of women get their hair and nails done every week. :ermm:

If and when Kate becomes the next Princess of Wales (or Duchess of Whatever) her life will never be her own again. Her every move will be observed and commented upon as being representative of the Crown and paid for by the taxpayer. She will patron more charities than she will know what to do with. Until then, her lifestyle is between her and her parents accountants. She is not the first (and certainly will not be the last) upper class young lady whose daily life is dictated by the next social engagement and her young man's schedule. I also agree that, sad though it may be, the wedding of William and Kate, while sure to be grand, will not be the fairy tale occasion of Charles and Diana. Royal marriages are no longer assumed to last forever.

SHORTENED - Royal marriages are no longer assumed to last forever.
I was listening to a programme in the car the other day and the woman was saying that the divorce rate for mere mortals is approaching 2 out of every 3 marriages. That is truly a terrible thought and I hope our royals can buck the trend. :flowers:

That is indeed a sad statistic and I hope that whomever William and Harry choose, they find true happiness with them.:wub:

If Kate and William do marry, they will need a lot of inner fortitude to deal with the intrusion of the press into their lives. I would hope that when William does marry that he has a solid foundation with his partner first. I think that there is a serious possibility that Kate won't want the job as wife to the future King and will refuse a possible marriage offer. They do seem to compliment each other nicely, but I don't know that she will decide to take on William and all that comes with him. I think she can, but the question is, will she think this is best for her?

I think that there is a serious possibility that Kate won't want the job as wife to the future King and will refuse a possible marriage offer. They do seem to compliment each other nicely, but I don't know that she will decide to take on William and all that comes with him. I think she can, but the question is, will she think this is best for her?

I'm curious, what makes you think that? Kate has been with William off and on for several years now. I can't imagine she hasn't thought about how it will be if she marries him and what she is getting into. IMO she still wouldn't be with him if she didn't want the job that comes with marrying him. When they broke up earlier this year, she obviously wanted him back.

Personally I do wonder if Kate and her family truly know what they are getting into? Especially since they aren't a family that grew up around the RF...but unfortunately that seems like one of those unanswerable questions for now.

Happy birthday to her, let's hope at 26 she'll soon start some kind of a career since an engagement won't be coming anytime soon from William recent mapped out schedule.

Personally I do wonder if Kate and her family truly know what they are getting into? Especially since they aren't a family that grew up around the RF...but unfortunately that seems like one of those unanswerable questions for now.
I think Catherines parents are well able to cope with any intrusion from the media. Although the media alleged that Catherines mother was laughed at in certain quarters, I think it highly unlikely. They may never be best friends with their daughters inlaws, (although with Charles and Camilla, that is a possiblity) but there are 10000's of inlaws that only meet up once in a blue moon and are perfectly civil to one another.

Catherines parents will go along with what ever their daughter wants, within reason, that is what all parents do. They are probably encouraging her in her new career and does it matter if they are helping her with her expenses while she gains experience, after all Diana didn't earn enough working part time at a kindergarten or as a cleaner, to run a flat in London and nobody complains about that.

I think any family would have concerns, but if you love your children and they know it, you have already given them a gift that will help throughout their lives.:flowers:

Skydragon lights up the thread with a little thing called love....

I think any family would have concerns, but if you love your children and they know it, you have already given them a gift that will help throughout their lives.:flowers:

:fireworks:

:D

I think that if they do not announce an engagement in the next 8 months or so, it is entirely possible that the media intrusion and attention could get to Kate and she could very well decide that although she may love William, the kind of life she would be living is not for her. I'm thinking that sooner or later that kind of pressure takes a toll on you, and you are not usually aware of the severity until you are ready to snap.

Ill give her the benifit of the doubt on that one I Want them to work out if they Marry

Kate will miss Prince William in the next year. But I think they have a solid relationship and the waiting for her Prince to come home will be taken in a mature way. I think Kate might worry more about keeping Prince William safe in all the military things he is going to be doing in 2008.:flowers:

^ Dangers? to William? :lol: Tut tut, that is the safest, best-protected guy in the world! :lol:

I think that if they do not announce an engagement in the next 8 months or so, it is entirely possible that the media intrusion and attention could get to Kate and she could very well decide that although she may love William, the kind of life she would be living is not for her. I'm thinking that sooner or later that kind of pressure takes a toll on you, and you are not usually aware of the severity until you are ready to snap.

It may get to her alittle but I still think a big part of her enjoys it in a way...which is fine. Because you have to or else it won't end well...

HM didn't 'work', if she had not become Queen, she wouldn't have gone out to earn her living. Many girls and women do not have to seek any employment. Do you have any links to show she spends 'almost every night in various bars', do you have any links to show that she spends her time in bars even twice a week? Why wouldn't she get her nails and hair done, millions of women get their hair and nails done every week.

But Kate wasn't born into royalty like she was...unless I'm misunderstanding you...I don't see how it is the same. Kate isn't an heiress either...not really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom