The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
Cool. She won't need protective service in the U.S. as the majority of American citizens either don't care who she is or don't know her. She can go walking in Central Park, take in a Broadway show and party till 6AM without the paps on her tail as she isn't a celebrity here.
I don't think so. The international press will bring attention to her. Most US citizens wont recognise her, but I do think she would have a very small amount of paps with her.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It's just too easy to judge being on the outside looking in.
That is true. Basically all we know is from photos and videos and fifth person.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Has anybody ever heard Kate talk? I know she's really not allowed to tell anything to the press but is she allowed to say"hello" or "how are you".
Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Why she is not allowed to say anything to the press??
Old 01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Cool. She won't need protective service in the U.S. as the majority of American citizens either don't care who she is or don't know her. She can go walking in Central Park, take in a Broadway show and party till 6AM without the paps on her tail as she isn't a celebrity here.
I'm sure she'll find a way to be noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Why she is not allowed to say anything to the press??
She is allowed to, but it would cause her too much drama to talk to them or go all Britney and become BFF's with the paps...LOL
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I'm sure she'll find a way to be noticed.
Quote:

She is allowed to, but it would cause her too much drama to talk to them or go all Britney and become BFF's with the paps...LOL

lol....well i think Cathrine is smart enough not to act like Britney if anything... i mean everyone here sort of knows about her; so eyes will be on her while she's in ny. especially if something shocking happens; which most likely won't happen b/c she seems to be careful and discreet.

on another note though; i still find it interesting that she would take up photography. i mean of course i know she has a degree in art history, but why photography now? i mean it's been years and nothing has been said or hinted about photography before; and now all of a sudden she's going to get some help from a distinguished photographer. i don't wanna agree but it seems like she's just trying to stay busy while William is still in the military. although i think she should do something useful while she waits; something really meaningful that can not only benefit her but others around her. i know i'm sounding like a humanitarian; but she also doesn't have to be like every other stereo typical girl born with a silver spoon in her mouth...right?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 PM

Here is a new paparazzi video on youtube showing Kate on her birthday, 9 January this year.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I respectfully disagree with you. I am an American, and I see photos of Kate in US Weekly and People all the time. I think that many people would recognize her. I doubt that tons of paparazzi would swarm her, but I do think that she would be recognized on the street.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I see photos of Kate in US Weekly and People all the time. I think that many people would recognize her. QUOTE SHORTENED
I agree. Readers of People and folks who watch the news on a regular basis will know who she is. But it wouldn't be like it is in Britain at all.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Now, according to the British press (The Mirror; I don't know how to make the link), she is going to participate in a 132 mile Amazon River race in September. She does seem to be casting about for ways to fill her day.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToytownZara View Post
The thing is, a lot of times it's as though people want it both ways - they want the Royals to be "just like them" and enjoy themselves, and yet when they ARE themselves, they say, "eewww, that's SOOOO unbecoming a Royal (or potential Royal)". This really annoys me..
I so agree with you ToytownZara! I do think people have unrealistic expectations sometimes. I prefer royals that are a little more dignified but if one wants a down-to-earth royal one must expect some dirt under the fingernails every once in a while.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I respectfully disagree with you. I am an American, and I see photos of Kate in US Weekly and People all the time. I think that many people would recognize her. I doubt that tons of paparazzi would swarm her, but I do think that she would be recognized on the street.
People in America would be more bold about asking for autograph...for no apparent reason except that they recognize her from a tabloid. I have a few ghettotastic friends that would do that...

She's sort of like another Lauren Conrad in America...famous for just being herself and the company she keeps. People treat her like a star...
Old 01-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
Now, according to the British press (The Mirror; I don't know how to make the link), she is going to participate in a 132 mile Amazon River race in September. She does seem to be casting about for ways to fill her day.
Here we go:
Kate Middleton set for Amzon adventure - Mirror.co.uk

Looking forward to the pics - Kate as cox in full war paint on the boat. Hopefully no member of the photo shooting crew will become a victim of the piranhas

And another one:
Kate Middleton - a princess in waiting? - Mirror.co.uk

Yeah, it's hard to find something meaningful to do until a prince might pop a question. And he better does otherwise at the end of her 20ies Kate might actually have to think what to do with her life! Who knows if there still will be a Testino option around the corner and watch out Kate, you are not getting younger! There is only a limited time for a woman for a so called career as B VIP in show biz.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Aristocracy

The Amazon boat race story is clearly pure fiction but at least it's sort of entertaining.
I'd like to know how Kate occupies her time. She's keeping a much lower profile lately and is only occasionally pictured out and about in London. Except for those rather far-fetched sounding stories about her supposed plans, there's not much in the papers what she's been doing of late. I doubt she strives to be a B celebrity. She does look rather happy with her life though and I don't think she's worried about finding something "meaningful" to do.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Nobility

I don't think Kate wants to be a B celebrity. Don't forget, she met William at University, and has a degree herself. I am sure she will find a decent job, if and when she wants one.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
The Amazon boat race story is clearly pure fiction but at least it's sort of entertaining.
I'd like to know how Kate occupies her time. She's keeping a much lower profile lately and is only occasionally pictured out and about in London. Except for those rather far-fetched sounding stories about her supposed plans, there's not much in the papers what she's been doing of late. I doubt she strives to be a B celebrity. She does look rather happy with her life though and I don't think she's worried about finding something "meaningful" to do.
Yeah she isn't caught out and about too much lately...who knows what she does...something......
Old 01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
People in America would be more bold about asking for autograph...for no apparent reason except that they recognize her from a tabloid. I have a few ghettotastic friends that would do that...

She's sort of like another Lauren Conrad in America...famous for just being herself and the company she keeps. People treat her like a star...
I have never heard of anyone asking Catherine for an autograph. She is a well known person in the UK, but I don't think anyone has ever once asked for her autograph, and I doubt if anyone in the US would actually consider her to be a celebrity of any kind.

A well known or famous person, yes. But a celebrity, no. So if she visited the US in March for 3 weeks of study with Mario Testino, I think it unlikely that anyone would seek out her autograph or look for her, other than a few international paparrazzi. Manhattan is the type of place that makes it easy to get lost in the crowd.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
I have never heard of anyone asking Catherine for an autograph. She is a well known person in the UK, but I don't think anyone has ever once asked for her autograph, and I doubt if anyone in the US would actually consider her to be a celebrity of any kind.

A well known or famous person, yes. But a celebrity, no. So if she visited the US in March for 3 weeks of study with Mario Testino, I think it unlikely that anyone would seek out her autograph or look for her, other than a few international paparrazzi. Manhattan is the type of place that makes it easy to get lost in the crowd.
I don't know about that...people are only going to know that she is well known. In the UK they know who she is for the most part...here most people just know she is famous for something...
Old 01-27-2008, 11:04 PM

^ I don't ever talk about Kate Middleton "in the world"m but I'm just guessing....people here have only a vague idea of how she looks. I am guessing that in the US the name "Kate Middleton" is fairly known because it has been around long enough, since 2004ish tossed about in magazines like People, and everyone in the US knows exactly who her boyfriend is and knows exactly, very well, what he looks like.

I agree with Zembla that there would be paparazzi tracking her. The paps tracked her to many other corners of the world. They would track her in NYC. People on the streets would notice all the paps around her and know she must be "somebody". Maybe they would not immediately make the connection, but the word would spread, and people would catch on slowly, stupidly. "Kate somebody? Prince William's girlfriend? Oh yeah....." Even in NYC. Yep, where there are always suburban day-trippers and other tourist visitors!!

The Amazon story sounds ridiculously .......... NOT TRUE. AT ALL!!!!!!!! It just sounds stupid!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The Amazon story sounds so ridiculously fake. The journalists must have really been searching for something to write about, and weren't talented enough to come up with something that sounded more credible.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william