The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Maybe she will repay the favor by giving him the commission for her & William's engagement/wedding photos.
No doubt for an astute businessman, Testino would have taken that possibility into consideration. Just look how he has worked that one photo session with Diana into a semi-official photogrpher for the Wales now. Not to knock on him, just smart business sense.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Photography lessons for Kate from celebrity snapper

Following the revelation she's keen to pursue a career in photography, Prince William's girlfriend is set to take lessons from acclaimed lensman Mario Testino.

KATE MIDDLETON, LA NUEVA ALUMNA DE MARIO TESTINO, EL FOTÓGRAFO FAVORITO DE DIANA DE GALES

Noticias breves de actualidad

Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
No doubt for an astute businessman, Testino would have taken that possibility into consideration. Just look how he has worked that one photo session with Diana into a semi-official photogrpher for the Wales now. Not to knock on him, just smart business sense.
Yes, very true, but it is also proof of the likelihood of a wedding for Kate and William. As busy as Testino is, the amount of work he is constantly engaged to do, that he puts anything towards fostering a professional relationship with Kate Middleton, must show his confidence in her royal future. He has too many demands on his time to be wasting it.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, very true, but it is also proof of the likelihood of a wedding for Kate and William.

CasiraghiTrio I hope you are correct.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, very true, but it is also proof of the likelihood of a wedding for Kate and William. As busy as Testino is, the amount of work he is constantly engaged to do, that he puts anything towards fostering a professional relationship with Kate Middleton, must show his confidence in her royal future. He has too many demands on his time to be wasting it.
Or he could just be very astute and see another way of boosting his profile....
Old 01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

or uh maybe both anyway what are William and Kate upto now I Know with the RAF There be little of William until April as least I Think so
Old 01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Majesty

mario testino is such a talented man, great for kate if she (by any reason) got the chance to learn something from him. apparently it was prince william who put them in touch.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Or he could just be very astute and see another way of boosting his profile....
Well, he has almost every celebrity and notable person in the world boosting his profile. Who among the "who is who" does not wish to be photographed by Testino? How much more boost can his profile receive? But yes, having added Diana, William, Harry, now maybe Kate to his credentials, he is not doing himself any harm.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, he has almost every celebrity and notable person in the world boosting his profile. Who among the "who is who" does not wish to be photographed by Testino? How much more boost can his profile receive? But yes, having added Diana, William, Harry, now maybe Kate to his credentials, he is not doing himself any harm.
On seeing that the queen of Denmark is an active artist, this choice of career is something Catherine could continue even if she married William. Plus the Royal Collections as well as the public would surely profit from having an experienced exhibitor of art (that's the second venue in which Catherine goes at the moment in her professional life) as member of the Royal family.

It has been said that Catherine helped William and Harry organising the concert for Diana - this is another experience which could be very helpful for a future mistress of the Royal Household.

So while it could be seen as Catherine attending the "princess school", she does something which helps her forge connections and get experiences in her chosen professional field of art.

Plus her time as an assistant buyer at an international company does not necessary mean she did only unimportant assistant stuff to the person responisble in reality. I could mean for her to attend all kind of training courses on offer for junior employees of companies. I doubt the media could follow her into her office and see what she actually did. There are all kind of vocational trainings available in such companies and many who would nenefit Catherine on either becoming princess of wales or opening up her own business in the arts.

IMHo she is much too intelligent and has too much charisma/personality for someone who is intellectually or factual "lazy". IMHO she knows already exactly that if their relationship continues as it is going now, she will get an offer of marriage from William. The Hanoverans always had a tendency to stick to their lovers - while most members of reigning houses had affairs, the Welfs of Hannover were known for their fidelity (called "boring habits" back then.) to either their wifes or their lovers. Interestingly enough it was rather the Hanoveran princesses who were in for the scandals - because once they fell in love with a man not their husband, they were so commited that they couldn't let loose and ended up in tragedy. That's why they usually were given the chance to select their husbands for themselves.

So it could well be that Catherine is "the one" for William, but that the time is not right yet to announce an engagement.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Courtier

I think she could've got in with a major photog without William...she knows plenty of people...as do her parents, socially. Most of those photogs do hand out jobs to people like that...just sayin'...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for her. Testino is one of the best photographers in the world. She could not have a better instructor. Whatever his reasons are for deciding to work with her, we won't know. However, Kate seems very smart and I am sure that she will make the most of this opportunity, marriage proposal or not.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

let's not forget that andrew is quite an accomplished photographer as well. he's no testino but his work is great.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:40 PM

^ No, no, not Andrew. He has less time than Testino, as he is busy with UKTI, and golf, and whatever else.... and golf!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Commoner

Cool. She won't need protective service in the U.S. as the majority of American citizens either don't care who she is or don't know her. She can go walking in Central Park, take in a Broadway show and party till 6AM without the paps on her tail as she isn't a celebrity here.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Interesting. Wonder what she will do next, probably something with the president of somewhere. Kate is 26 and has no idea what she wants to do with the rest of her life, if William drops her then what will she do. She's just passing time by and waiting for the future king to drop down on one knee.
Well, if William and kate don't get married she has a degree and traing as a buyer and now training as a photographer under one of the most famous photogs around.
Not a bad resume.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Quote:"The guarder of Top Gun wannabe Prince William’s crown jewels attended the exotic cabaret act at London’s O2 Arena.

But it’s lucky the heir wasn’t there because she whooped like one of the hired hands at an astonishing female contortionist known as Snake Girl.

And she whistled in rather a common way at a man who managed to push his entire body through the head of a tennis racquet."

I just read this in the Daily Star. I don't think it was very flattering to Kate.
I don't think much of William being called "Top Gun wannabe" either - he's not playing in the military, he's fulfilling duties as the future sovereign. Saying that just makes him sound like a playboy - which out of all of them I think William makes the least likely candidate for the title.

The thing is, a lot of times it's as though people want it both ways - they want the Royals to be "just like them" and enjoy themselves, and yet when they ARE themselves, they say, "eewww, that's SOOOO unbecoming a Royal (or potential Royal)". This really annoys me.

She's twenty-six, she was out with friends, SHE'S HUMAN. Please - has the press not learned anything? And I'm not just talking about Diana. But I guess that saying "Miss Middleton really seemed to enjoy the show and was enthusiastic about several performers" just doesn't sell papers.

It's a wonder these young men have been able to keep ANY girlfriend. Disgraceful. Now, if she'd flashed the pap, or snogged one of the guys she was out with - YES, by all means - completely NOT suitable behaviour. I'd be thinking, "Sort it out, Kate." But ENJOYING herself?! Please.

And the whole switching/quitting jobs bit? I'm 34, and only found my niche two years ago - went back to school and got a bachelor of nursing degree. I've bounced around in my day - clinical research, spent some time in the military, worked at a university - and I'm neither independently wealthy, a trust fund baby, or royalty. I don't think any less of her for her seeming indecision. Sometimes it takes a while, and I'm sure all the press speculation doesn't help the poor girl. And she has an art degree - it might be harder to figure out just what to do with that once you've got it. Maybe she found out she was bored, or maybe she saw some really great photography work and was inspired by it, or she received a compliment on a photo she took, and thought - YEAH, I can do that...

Sorry - this isn't directed at you . It just really annoys me when these people are pilloried for being people, you know? I'm totally on their side in this, regardless of which royal (or royal Significant Other) is being discussed. It just shows they're human, I think - and makes them more accessible and even MORE "like me" - as much as that is possible.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToytownZara View Post
I don't think much of William being called "Top Gun wannabe" either - he's not playing in the military, -SNIPPED_
Err, yes he is. If he was a fully paid up member of the armed forces, he would have been sent out to one of the conflict zones, he wasn't and it was accepted, IMO, that he would not 'serve'. The same with the RAF, if he wasn't Prince William he would have failed the entrance exams to become a pilot. Nor would he be getting a crash course on how to fly a plane, that has nothing to do with any future role as head of the armed services he may have.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Err, yes he is. If he was a fully paid up member of the armed forces, he would have been sent out to one of the conflict zones, he wasn't and it was accepted, IMO, that he would not 'serve'. The same with the RAF, if he wasn't Prince William he would have failed the entrance exams to become a pilot. Nor would he be getting a crash course on how to fly a plane, that has nothing to do with any future role as head of the armed services he may have.
OK, I concede - in that respect, you are correct. But by the same token, if he wasn't Prince William, he wouldn't be doing any of this in the first place. It's not like he said, oh, hey, Granny, I want to go out and play with the REAL soldiers...so by my mind, he is indeed fulfilling his duties as future sovereign - which so far is following, if memory serves me correctly, pretty much in the footsteps of his father.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToytownZara View Post
OK, I concede - in that respect, you are correct. But by the same token, if he wasn't Prince William, he wouldn't be doing any of this in the first place. It's not like he said, oh, hey, Granny, I want to go out and play with the REAL soldiers...so by my mind, he is indeed fulfilling his duties as future sovereign - which so far is following, if memory serves me correctly, pretty much in the footsteps of his father.
His grandmother, the monarch served in the forces, his father trained with the RAF but also trained and served with the Royal Navy. Whether he said to his father " want to go and play with the real soldiers" or not, he is only going to be a figurehead and although it is considered good training for life, the RAF stint is just playing at it.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:30 PM

It's just too easy to judge being on the outside looking in.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william