The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
I agree with you, Maricar. And I believe that all of the sniping about Kate not having a job or not doing her part is from jealous young girls and some older ones who seem to cast stones from their glass towers all day, every day, while on a paying job, for whom, short of climbing up on a cross and being crucified, Kate will never satisfy.
Thanks, but I'm not jealous nor do I feel the need to cast stones.

Although I always question the critical thinking of anyone who simply resorts to the jealousy "argument".

Old 01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Courtier

new photos of kate attending with her friends to watch 'AFRIKA' alongwith Guy Pelly and name person last name Strawberry (I forget his first name)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^ Well said, sgl. She never seemed to like the Jigsaw much. Maybe she was just going through motions. What's the point of doing a job you think is stupid, especially if you can afford to search around for the job/career of your passion?
Thanks Casiraghi!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Gentry

Here's an article from the Daily Mail about Kate (as she attended the premiere of Afrika! Afrika!):

Kate Middleton steps for a night on the town as Prince William flies high 150 miles away | the Daily Mail

BTW, I think Kate does look beautiful but I'm not loving her animal print dress...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Gentry

i agree with you sybilla, i don't like the animal print too, and i dnt like jow she looks with that dress, anyway, what's Afrika!, Afrika! ?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
i agree with you sybilla, i don't like the animal print too, and i dnt like jow she looks with that dress, anyway, what's Afrika!, Afrika! ?
Eloise, I haven't seen Afrika! Afrika! but as far as I know is a circus-like show which presents the cultural richness of Africa through musical and dancing performances. It seems to be really good.

This is their official website AFRIKA! AFRIKA!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

well, here's my two-cents on the Kate job situation. It was my understanding that she was between a rock and a hard spot with William at the time she took the Jigsaw job (it should be noted at this point that the owner is a good friend of her parents). The press and others were hounding her to get a career and get a job or get engaged - the result William split for a while. I think the job at the time gave her a place to go everyday and although she was given equally hard treatment hrs, vacations etc. I do think it bought her time to think. Once things smoothed over with William she felt free to leave it. Let's face it she has an Art History degree. Without a grad degree, jobs in Museums are hard to come by and should she get one she will be given a hard time again for her connections to get the hard to get job ( I know this because I spent my whole career in Museums and I have a grad degree).

Again there is no engagement that we know of (that is not to say that things aren't going on behind the scenes) and she is hard pressed to find something to do with out looking like Paris Hilton partying all the time, so she is now a photographer. So was Lord Snowdon. A pretty safe thing to do we just need to see her doing it. I like Kate Middleton and I wish her well but at the moment she is neither fish nor fowl within the royal family - now that's a tough spot to be in. JMO
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilla View Post
Here's an article from the Daily Mail about Kate (as she attended the premiere of Afrika! Afrika!):

Kate Middleton steps for a night on the town as Prince William flies high 150 miles away | the Daily Mail

BTW, I think Kate does look beautiful but I'm not loving her animal print dress...
Yeah, I usually think animal prints are kind of tacky looking. I hate leopard print, although I already know I am in the minority of women to feel this way!!! I just think it looks ugly, but accepted long ago that most women just don't agree with me. Anyway, did Kate darken her hair? It looks quite darker, and I am not sure I like it. I like her hair more its (natural?) brown color.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Animal prints can often look tacky, but Kate is wearing this dress very well. She makes the print look great by pairing it with a simple black sweater and simple shoes. She looks very nice.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:00 PM

The style and cut of the dress is nice on her. There are more pictures from this event here:
KATE MIDDLETON DESCUBRE LA CULTURA AFRICANA
Old 01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The style and cut of the dress is nice on her. There are more pictures from this event here:
KATE MIDDLETON DESCUBRE LA CULTURA AFRICANA
More from Hello! Wills' girl Kate joins Bob at Africa-themed circus spectacular

WILLIAM AND KATE: IS THEIR ROMANCE ABOUT TO SOAR TO NEW HEIGHTS?
News and photos of the rich and famous - HELLO!, hellomagazine.com
Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
Thank you for the link to the article, Hilal. Afrika!Afrika! sounds like a great show. I hope that it comes to the US.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Yes, it is a great show. I have seen it.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:"The guarder of Top Gun wannabe Prince Williamís crown jewels attended the exotic cabaret act at Londonís O2 Arena.

But itís lucky the heir wasnít there because she whooped like one of the hired hands at an astonishing female contortionist known as Snake Girl.

And she whistled in rather a common way at a man who managed to push his entire body through the head of a tennis racquet."

I just read this in the Daily Star. I don't think it was very flattering to Kate.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Quote:"The guarder of Top Gun wannabe Prince Williamís crown jewels attended the exotic cabaret act at Londonís O2 Arena.

But itís lucky the heir wasnít there because she whooped like one of the hired hands at an astonishing female contortionist known as Snake Girl.

And she whistled in rather a common way at a man who managed to push his entire body through the head of a tennis racquet."

I just read this in the Daily Star. I don't think it was very flattering to Kate.
No it doesn't sound flattering but aren't there some papers that are anti-monarchist so that any chance to do some bashing would happen? Also we are used to seeing her more reserved so I guess the question that needs to be asked is to define whooped. Just a thought.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Diana | Kate Middleton | Learns photography | Mario Testino | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

Kate's getting photography lessons.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Interesting. Wonder what she will do next, probably something with the president of somewhere. Kate is 26 and has no idea what she wants to do with the rest of her life, if William drops her then what will she do. She's just passing time by and waiting for the future king to drop down on one knee.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
How interesting....apparently, it all depends on who was watching Kate at the same event. According to Kateie Nicholl at Mail on Sunday, Kate was the epitome of decorum. "She stuck to Royal protocol Ė only applauding at appropriate intervals. But the fun loving brunette showed her true colours and couldnít resist a giggle and a wiggle in her seat during the grand finale. Iím sure William would approve."
Katie Nicholl
Old 01-21-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
If that is true, it's amazing. She can hardly find a better person to show her tricks of the trade than Testino and she would be so lucky if he can find time to do this for her. Maybe she will repay the favor by giving him the commission for her & William's engagement/wedding photos.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Mario takes on assistants all the time of well connected family friends like Alexi Lubomirski...he dated Jacquetta Wheeler. Now he is a fairly big photog in his own right...

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william