The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen View Post
I think that there is a serious possibility that Kate won't want the job as wife to the future King and will refuse a possible marriage offer. They do seem to compliment each other nicely, but I don't know that she will decide to take on William and all that comes with him. I think she can, but the question is, will she think this is best for her?
I'm curious, what makes you think that? Kate has been with William off and on for several years now. I can't imagine she hasn't thought about how it will be if she marries him and what she is getting into. IMO she still wouldn't be with him if she didn't want the job that comes with marrying him. When they broke up earlier this year, she obviously wanted him back.

Personally I do wonder if Kate and her family truly know what they are getting into? Especially since they aren't a family that grew up around the RF...but unfortunately that seems like one of those unanswerable questions for now.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:54 AM
Nobility

Happy birthday to her, let's hope at 26 she'll soon start some kind of a career since an engagement won't be coming anytime soon from William recent mapped out schedule.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Personally I do wonder if Kate and her family truly know what they are getting into? Especially since they aren't a family that grew up around the RF...but unfortunately that seems like one of those unanswerable questions for now.
I think Catherines parents are well able to cope with any intrusion from the media. Although the media alleged that Catherines mother was laughed at in certain quarters, I think it highly unlikely. They may never be best friends with their daughters inlaws, (although with Charles and Camilla, that is a possiblity) but there are 10000's of inlaws that only meet up once in a blue moon and are perfectly civil to one another.

Catherines parents will go along with what ever their daughter wants, within reason, that is what all parents do. They are probably encouraging her in her new career and does it matter if they are helping her with her expenses while she gains experience, after all Diana didn't earn enough working part time at a kindergarten or as a cleaner, to run a flat in London and nobody complains about that.

I think any family would have concerns, but if you love your children and they know it, you have already given them a gift that will help throughout their lives.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:52 AM

Thumbs up Skydragon lights up the thread with a little thing called love....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I think any family would have concerns, but if you love your children and they know it, you have already given them a gift that will help throughout their lives.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Gentry

I think that if they do not announce an engagement in the next 8 months or so, it is entirely possible that the media intrusion and attention could get to Kate and she could very well decide that although she may love William, the kind of life she would be living is not for her. I'm thinking that sooner or later that kind of pressure takes a toll on you, and you are not usually aware of the severity until you are ready to snap.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ill give her the benifit of the doubt on that one I Want them to work out if they Marry
Old 01-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Kate will miss Prince William in the next year. But I think they have a solid relationship and the waiting for her Prince to come home will be taken in a mature way. I think Kate might worry more about keeping Prince William safe in all the military things he is going to be doing in 2008.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 PM

^ Dangers? to William? Tut tut, that is the safest, best-protected guy in the world!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Skydragon lights up the thread with a little thing called love....
Sorry, my tablets must have worn off!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen View Post
I think that if they do not announce an engagement in the next 8 months or so, it is entirely possible that the media intrusion and attention could get to Kate and she could very well decide that although she may love William, the kind of life she would be living is not for her. I'm thinking that sooner or later that kind of pressure takes a toll on you, and you are not usually aware of the severity until you are ready to snap.
It may get to her alittle but I still think a big part of her enjoys it in a way...which is fine. Because you have to or else it won't end well...

Quote:
HM didn't 'work', if she had not become Queen, she wouldn't have gone out to earn her living. Many girls and women do not have to seek any employment. Do you have any links to show she spends 'almost every night in various bars', do you have any links to show that she spends her time in bars even twice a week? Why wouldn't she get her nails and hair done, millions of women get their hair and nails done every week.
But Kate wasn't born into royalty like she was...unless I'm misunderstanding you...I don't see how it is the same. Kate isn't an heiress either...not really.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

I read a couple of days ago online (which led to me googling which got me here lol) that Kate has just been given 24/7 security , giving rise to an imminent engagement announcement .....is this true? ( that she has been given the security)

A friend and I couldn't imagine an engagement being announced then William going off for 4 months and leaving her to face the Press alone
Old 01-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Gentry

The article I read about the 24/7 security was careful not to say that it actually happened, but heavily implied that it did. I don't think that Kate has the security, just that it is being discussed and planned, should the day come when it would be needed.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

A Beautiful Pose pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Look at this picture! It's the spitt'n image of Kate. I always wondered what William saw in Kate, and now I know -- they are meant to be.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^ Dangers? to William? Tut tut, that is the safest, best-protected guy in the world!
Prince William is a speed demon on motorcycles and he's got the most powerful made. Nobody can guarantee safety on those things.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

Celebrate Victory! pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Is this like mother / like sons?
Old 01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
But Kate wasn't born into royalty like she was...unless I'm misunderstanding you...I don't see how it is the same. Kate isn't an heiress either...not really.
Er, what is your definition of "heiress"? Kate's parents are multimillionaires who own a prosperous business and a home that is worth more than most people will see in their lifetimes at once. Most likely Kate will inherit more money from her parents than several richly titled but poorly funded nobles will.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Er, what is your definition of "heiress"? Kate's parents are multimillionaires who own a prosperous business and a home that is worth more than most people will see in their lifetimes at once. Most likely Kate will inherit more money from her parents than several richly titled but poorly funded nobles will.
I mean she isn't an heiress in the traditional sense...her parents are self-made. Kids of those parents who are first-generation rich like that tend to carve their own paths....
Old 01-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Catherine is as much an heiress as the likes of Paris Hilton. She has money from a trust and has no need to work. I just wish someone could show me where it says that any future bride of William's or Harry's has to slave away to earn a crust. Some evidence to suggest that rich women who do not choose to enter paid employment, are any less rounded or fulfilled than someone who cleans floors or runs a business. Many women who have never done a days work in their entire lives have experienced more things, met so many different people and done more with their time than anyone who is tied to a job 50 weeks of a year.

So where is the evidence that not having employment makes her a lesser person!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Catherine is as much an heiress as the likes of Paris Hilton. She has money from a trust and has no need to work. I just wish someone could show me where it says that any future bride of William's or Harry's has to slave away to earn a crust. Some evidence to suggest that rich women who do not choose to enter paid employment, are any less rounded or fulfilled than someone who cleans floors or runs a business. Many women who have never done a days work in their entire lives have experienced more things, met so many different people and done more with their time than anyone who is tied to a job 50 weeks of a year.

I'm reading The Marlborough House Set at the moment. It has been a real eye-opener to me. Some of those aristocratic Victorian/Edwardian ladies with very impressive titles and financial resources to match and no need to lift a finger to do anything constructive lived the most interesting and useful lives possible. Yes they dined well and often partied all night and chased foxes on horseback all day, but as well as that some of them worked tirelessly to help the disadvantaged or, if not going so far as to take a hands-on role and using their own money to fund their charitable activities, promoted worthwhile causes.

Princess Mary Adelaide was famous for her charitable concerns and activities as was Princess May of Teck (as she then was).

And the ladies who were not moved to do "worthwhile" things, travelled extensively and met interesting people and at home took a serious interest in the running of their estates, thus helping to preserve the country's heritage.

And some of them, after fulfilling their duty to provide sons and heirs for their husbands, busied themselves keeping the Prince of Wales/King entertained and happy.

These wealthy, titled women were intelligent, well read, well travelled, very interesting people who could hold their own in conversation with kings and princes and politicians.

And of course there were a few wealthy American girls amongst this group, too.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I don't think it makes her a lesser person, but I'm sure others do. Everyone has their own path...it would be nice not to work and just chill living off some trust fund

It's just unusual for a modern woman to act that way...especially since she isn't exactly Paris Hilton, I would doubt Kate has that much money...she's famous but only because of her boyfriend. My guess is that she would be keeping up a different lifestyle if she wasn't famous and dating William...but I could be wrong. She may have always wanted to just go to college, live life and then get married.

I just think it would be strange not to pick up any work ethic when your parents worked so hard for their millions...

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william